A warning to heed about touts.....

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I know that some come over and have no option as they have left it too late for me to do anything or I am not able to get tickets for the biggest games. But last week against Portsmouth a bad situation arose out of touting. When 2oo tickets were sent out in a batch a month ago they got lost in the Royal Mail sorting office. They were given/sold to touts who sold them on overpriced mostly through the internet sites etc etc. Arsenal issued duplicates to the proper owners of the tickets and all of the people with the first issue of tickets were ejected from the ground. This obviously caused a lot of people to be unhappy as they had paid £100 plus for each ticket, but the club had no choice but to eject the ticket holders. Therefore please, please try as much as possible to only go through official sources to buy Arsenal tickets be it me or another supporters club or using your membership number.

2. shincan

shincan Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Yikes,

didn't know that things could get so ugly for so many, so quickly.

Given that nastiness, Rick, what are my chances of securing two tix for the April 1 match at home? I think you already put me in your diary....