A TST question

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Stan Collins, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have TST-5 tickets for the USA.

Suppose the USA does not get out of the group round. Is there and way to know now who I'm seeing for my R16 and QF match?

2. Deluxe 007

Deluxe 007 New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Gloryland
    The winner of the group.

3. Pero

Pero New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Philadelphia,USA
    If USA doesn't get out of group stage,you then (i think) just get your money back for R16 and QF.

4. ibasso

ibasso Member

May 26, 2001
    Chicago
    If the US doesn't get out of the first round...as per FIFA's website, you follow the group winner...

5. edominguez

edominguez New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    If USA doesn't go through you sell your ticket to Italy v Australia to me.

6. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happens to my TST if my team is knocked out during the tournament (finals)?

If you have a TST-4 to TST-7 ticket and your selected team doesn't make it past the group phase, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the group in which your selected team originally played. If your team goes out at the knockout stage and your TST is still valid for subsequent games, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the respective knockout match. In other words, you always follow the winner of the round. That means you will definitely see the specified number of matches, no matter when your own team goes out.

http://tickets.fifaworldcup.com/cgi...t1&id=WME_NO_SESSION&affiliate=wme&key=wm_tst

7. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The only thing that puzzles me is if you have a tst 7 are you really guaranteed to see the finals?

Here is the the part that confuses me - as your team is bounced you follow the team that kicked you out

For simplicity

Team 1-16 follows losers of semi a and semi b

Team 17-32 follows winners of semi a and semi b

Doesnt team 1-16 tst 7 holders all go to the third place team to follow those teams? They are not eliminated - they still have the 3rd place game.

So doesnt half of the TST 7 go to the 3rd place and half go to the finals?

8. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd wondered that too. I would think you'd see the 3rd place game, as technically your team is truly "out" of the tournament, but the implication of the FIFA page says otherwise.

9. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Your team is indeed "out", therefore you follow the other team to the final.

Everyone, including FIFA, know the 3rd place game is just irrelevant.

10. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That sure sounds correct from FIFAs FAQ but no one is seeing large amounts of the 3rd place game on sale... if all of the TST 7s are going to the finals who is going to the 3rd place match? Say Team C and D makes it to the 3rd place they cant just say only C D TST7s get 3rd place game and the other 14 that has been following get the finals... not that it matters to me at all - but I'm just wondering here

11. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    I've no idea who is going to the 3rd place game, but that's their problem :)

12. HCT153

HCT153 New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    Surely the only way that a TST7 will lead to the third place match is if this is where your original team end up? e.g. I have a Togo TST7. IF they got to the semi and lost I imagine I'd have a third place game. Any other scenario and I have a final ticket. Surely. (Also FIFA calculate the payment for TST 7 based on the final)

13. ekartash

ekartash Member

Mar 20, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it will always be the Final. if your team loses you become a fan of the team that wins. if toga loses, then you will get to see USA in the finals. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO USA. and then you can take me to the game.

14. HCT153

HCT153 New Member

Apr 24, 2005
    If USA got to the final I don't think I'd have a problem with that!!!!!!

Could be Togo v England!!!!!!

15. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    given the choice (which I won't have, mainly because I don't even have a TST) I'd rather follow the team playing against the team that knocked mine out, as a kick of revenge thing.

16. derose

derose New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Sao Caetano, SP, BRA
    I sent an email to FIFA asking this and they asked exactly this:
    If you have a TST-7 ticket and your selected team fails to make it past the group phase, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the group in which your selected team originally played. If your team goes out at the knockout stage and your TST is still valid for subsequent games, the ticket is automatically transferred to the winner of the respective knockout match. In other words, you always follow the winner of the round. That means you will definitely see the specified number of matches, no matter when your own team goes out.

I think it´s a bit unclear but I understood that we follow the WINNER of each round, so tst7 holders are already warming their seat in the great FINAL.

17. derose

derose New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Sao Caetano, SP, BRA
    well, think about math... the stadium for the final has a capacity of around 70.000, this limits the number of tst7 packages put up for sale to 70.000. If you assume that there´s a number of single tickets sold for the finals, plus the sponsors tickets, plus the invitations, this 70.000 packages reduces to the half maybe? people that got the tst7 package are really f#*$ng lucky people, and I´m really glad to be one of them!

18. Sportman77

Sportman77 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    I still think that if you have a USA TST 7 and the US goes to the third place game, that's where you go. Has anyone asked FIFA about this specifically?

19. gata12

gata12 New Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Doesn't it depend in what phase you bought the tickets? If I remember correctly phase 2 once your team was eliminated your remaining games are lost.

But however in phase 4 the rules stated that you followed the 1st place team in the group. Then followed the winner of your remaining games.

How in the world can they keep track of all this!!!! I get a headache just thinking about it.

So it makes sense that they can only have a finite number of TSTs since NOT everybody can go to the "knockout" games.

20. lijo11

lijo11 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    A TST7 guarantees you a ticket to the final whether your team reaches it or not.

There is no question of a semi-final losing team's TST7 ticket holders being condemned to watch the meaningless 3rd place playoff game.

The cost of a TST7 includes a payment in respect of the cost of a final ticket and not a 3rd place playoff ticket.

21. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    Are you lot just trying to wind me up??

The rules have never been tricky! A TST-x always gets you to x number of games, and if the team you were following gets knocked out, you follow the other team after that.

Stop pretending to not understand!!;)

And for good measure:

22. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    lijo11, good man!

Yeah, listen to lijo11 everybody :)
    He understands!

23. SwedenRed

SwedenRed New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    South Sweden
    When you exchange your Knockout Stage Vouchers at one of the World Cup Stadiums after the Group Stages, your Route to the Final is already mapped out. You get a FINAL ticket, no questions asked.
    So as someone mentioned, we who have a TST 7 ticket can certainly consider ourselves lucky ba****ds.!

24. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    I see what you mean, and I'm with you in principle, but in the end it doesn't really make much difference because you would just go to the same games anyway.

25. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hey, another question:

If I have a TST, do I have access to mass transit between the cities? I could have sworn I read that somehwere, but can't find it now.