A Thread to whet the appetite

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Jul 9, 2008.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A thread to whet the appetite for us over the summer months.

here is some skill and play from last season. feel free to add your own moments for other players. I will start with some of pirlo

[youtube]wVMveUO_RkI[/youtube]

[youtube]v_dePzw3364[/youtube]

[youtube]v5rmsQ4iHTE[/youtube]

[youtube]EDiD8cPs2us[/youtube]

I went ahead and put this whole video here, as it not only shows the goal and assist, but shows how if and when milan has good flank play, countless dangerous chances can be made from out wide and then that opens it up through the middle...pirlo set oddo free a couple of times really nicely for crosses and spread play for seedorf on the left and released kaka free on the break...all in all, a nice 8-10 minute recap that shows all his abilities and influence when he is on song.

[youtube]g1T3Bz5ZbSQ[/youtube]

really the first minute he has an assist and a nice pass to set up the first shot at goal...good vid in general, though as this was of course, pato's debut.

[youtube]BnW9b7EGC3A[/youtube]

starts truly at about the 3:00 minute mark when pirlo plays ambrosini through on goal, then he sets gattuso free with a nice bit of trickery to set up the first goal, plays an inch-perfect diagonal ball to janks for the second, and sets kaka free for him to draw the penalty. Good match where he set up play nicely all match and was instrumental in all the goals.

Ok, well, that is the first one, feel free to add on. I think I will try to get kaka up next, unless someone beats me to it.

I am starting to really feel the first pangs of withdrawal. :eek: :p

cheers

2. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    show Patos goal against Fiorentina this past season, talk about being in the big moment.

3. acecode47

acecode47 Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Jeddah
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the kaka - pirlo - inzaghi goal against benfica amazes me every single time ..

4. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    the hilight of the supercup game v. sevilla rly shows milans class...inzaghi is just simply him, i think he should start up top if not injured or out of form, no words can explain the emotion he plays wit...gattuso..man him walkin off bandaged is the epitamy of gattuso...the heart of this team, i kno he has been weak as of late but i would start him in any big game also...than we have pirlo,kaka,nesta who r just studs in their own right...great vids tho thx guys

5. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-5FixRUjg

I figured I would post the reminder and excuse for finishing 5th place this year. Since Milan are the world champions, nothing else matters. lol I love how thats Galliani's response to everything..."we are world champions"

by the way, I think Nesta has a better shot than our strikers according to this video :p

and for some reason I couldnt put the actual video on here. It wasnt working so I just put the link. I copied and pasted the embed code and still nothing. or am I missing something

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, his goal versus siena was a nice one as well.

[youtube]UCHU52ErLCU[/youtube]

I still will try to get kaka up soon, but I have been busy...

7. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    in the meantime... enjoy this little nugget...

[youtube]fAA6Msah8bQ[/youtube]

8. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah that is actually really similar to his goal against boca. I thought I remember hearing he was a striker in his younger days

how about some paloschi. After the Siena game I was really beginning to like this kid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vOopnoOmZw

9. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Abbiati as our number one goal keeper, I am all for it.

I will be the first to say he does f*ck up big time some times, and leave you saying "how did that happen?".

But out of Kalac, Dida and Abbiati, I pick Abbiati.
    Kalac I never liked, he is just old looking and dosen't look like the goalie that should be starting for AC Milan, Dida had a good past but he is over his best.

Abbiati, I will say is the best out of the three, he can come up big sometimes at the right times, and can save the team.

I know this is youtube, and the best of him, but it is worth a look:

His space on youtube, a bunch of clips and stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AbbiatiChristian

A Compilation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_dLjBJxE0s

Come the next summer transfer mark. I think our priority should be a goal keeper. But for now, it should be a good season, don't worry about Abbiati, haha.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great thread, but come on let's
    spell wet correctly.

11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:whet&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title

;)

I have been sidetracked, I was working on a kaka and pato post, and obviously with all the ronaldinho stuff I lost track (plus being busy with, you know, life :p).

I will try to get some of them up, but the whole point of the thread has changed, as I don't think any of us need to something to whet the appetite, we are now eager to see the team after 'dinho anyways, but I guess I will finish up with some of the ones I started.