A Thin Squad

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by ErnieE, Jan 13, 2011.

1. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I agree completely, however I do expect to see some flashes of brilliance here and there this season to tide me over. If we can get the occasional look at what we have to expect somewhere over yond horizons, I'll be a happy guy.

2. davidsanchez157

Oct 30, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    that and hopefully we can clinch a playoff spot..im still staying optimistic!

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I don't even think a great deal of optimism is required. The team didn't miss the playoffs by all that much in the past two years. With expanded playoffs in 2011 anything is possible.

4. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't expect this year's team to be excellent or contenders, but I do expect an improvement from last year's time. I think that's a reasonable expectation.

5. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I'll be happy if the team plays consistent football and doesn't descend into the same sort of crap that happened last season.

I think Winter and Mariner have a lot more credibility with the players than Mo or Preki ever had, so I'd like to assume that they can keep the team focused and playing well together.

6. RedCoatsforever

Jun 10, 2008
    London, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yeah, even coming in with neutral credibility is better than Mo after the 2007 season, I imagine.