A Team Canada Thread (again...) [R]

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by gousa9, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Hey guys! Anyone record the game and willing to make me a copy.. I'll pay for postage and the tape and stuff.. I reallllly want a copy. :) -Rita

2. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    rita...i emailed ya...

elaine

3. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    score?

hey-

anybody find the score of the game in victoria? it ended maybe an hour ago, and i still can't find anything online...(which isn't surprising)

hopefully the score will be posted sometime tonight...the CSA should really consider doing a 'matchtracker' for these games not televised!!!

will continue to look for score....hopefully it's an encouraging result!!

elaine

4. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    Still looking, but can't find anything either.

5. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    blah.

this sucks....the game on thursday had a CP article up within an hour after the game, why not this one? grrr...

hopefully it'll be posted soon...although i wouldn't be surprised if i finally see the score tomorrow morning! lol

elaine

6. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    Score (R)

But I can tell you that Christine Sinclair was busy helping Portland tie North Carolina 1-1.

7. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    EDIT

Sorry, I have been looking for the Canada score everywhere and BIG BOO-BOOED the last post. It was 0-0. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

8. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    Re: EDIT

Result posted 1-0 Oz on the Voyageurs board.

www.canadian-soccer.com

9. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: EDIT

thanks for the update!!!

did anyone catch soccercentral this morning? they talked about the team some, and helen commented about how coach will definitely have a tough time putting together his startling eleven players when it comes down to crucial gold cup matches....

with all the players with the team right now, add on sincy, chapy, andrews, carm, mcleod, and a few others...and you've got lots of players to choose from...will be interesting to see what he does.

i wonder if today's game he "shook it up" a bit, with maybe a different lineup and/or formation. i think that might be the case, with this game not being televised, i think there's a possiblity that leisha might get her first cap, as well as players that did not play thursday having some time in the game...

just my two cents...

elaine

I WANT A SCORE...NOW!!!! grrrrr....

10. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    Re: Re: EDIT

speak of the devil...

1-0 loss...hhmm...can't read into that much w/o more info...from what i got in the post over at the voyageus board, globeowski (sp? lol) got the goal as canadian keeper was off the line...

looking forward to seeing the lineup now...

elaine

11. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    :: waiting impatiently... ::

come on CSA...post a write-up/game report...

elaine

12. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Will Canada have its college-based players for the Gold Cup/World Cup qualifying?

13. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey DC!

yes, canada will have all players avaliable for the gold cup, which should definitely be a plus...

and grrr..still no game summary up yet. the CSA has had the 'game summary coming soon' since maybe 10pm last night!!!! and i don't see a CP article either....grrrr.....i wanna see the lineups and who played!!!

elaine

14. fanofall

fanofall New Member

Jul 12, 2001
    Quebec, Canada
    Perhaps both coaches tried their benches for experience opportunities and Australia's was stronger? Maybe Canada had some injuries the other night?... wasn't Amy stepped upon and sat upon by the biggest Australian defender? Whatever happened it's the result of trying more people in new spots or trying new people in more spots... how is the coach to improve if he doesn't try new things? We're lucky he has games to do this now.

15. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    that's what i was thinking last night while waiting for a score....and especially since this game wasn't on tv, even could tinker around and play different players in different places. i have a feeling that players for canada that did not play thursday night saw some action.

i found the CP article for the game, although it gives no info whatsoever:
    i really want to see the lineups......come on CSA!!!!! lol

elaine

16. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    ok...

big thumbs down at the CSA right now...

they still don't have a game report up on their site, it's still "coming soon"....seesh...been checking every hour since this morning....grrr...

i wanna see the lineups!!! and writeup!!!

elaine

17. Gordon

Gordon New Member

May 6, 2002
    Saskatoon, SK
    A story from the Australian Federation is posted at the Voyageurs site. Writen from Aussie perspective obviously and only includes the Aussie lineup.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Was Charmaine Hooper highly recruited out of HS? Who else was going after her besides NCSU? Why did she choose NCSU? I was watching the UNC Dynasty tapes the other day and thought of this when they showed Overbeck knocking her to the ground. :D

19. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey-

to be all honest, i have no clue to that answer. i do know that she went to NC State with a fellow ottawa-based player/former national team player. (forget her name...it'll come back to me) i believe she had a pretty good career with the wolfpack, and was named to that 50th anniverary ACC team released awhile back...

elaine

ps- thanks for the info gordon. you would think the CSA would have it up at their site by now...it's been already 24 hrs. since the match!!! maybe they're "ashamed" lol ;) nonetheless, i'm looking forward to seeing the canadian lineup...

20. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Another Isa Harvey update. the girls won today, 1-0, their third win in as many games. They're doing really well so far. I hope things continue for them. Congrats to Alicia for her first Shutout also.
    We, the guys, lost yet again, 4-3. That's 12 goals in 3 games i've let up. The confidence level in me is next to nothing right now. We played well, just too many let downs and we didn't finish enough of our chances. Isa is gonna work us for the next two weeks before our next game. I talked to her today after the game, about how i was feeling lately, and she told me i'm doing everything she's asked me to do and more. Honestly, a great coach. I'm the only gk also so I gotta stay strong for the team, it's just nice to know that not all the blame is being put on me.
    Good luck to Canada also!

21. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    I do highly doubt this, not because of Charmaine's talent, but b/c Canadian universities didn't offer athletic scholarships in the same way US universities do. The only university that I ever heard of that was offering soccer scholarships 'round that time was one in the Carolinas (back around 90-91) Obviously they weren't the only ones, just saying they were the only ones our coach knew of. But, you'd have to ask Charmaine to know for sure.

umm. Not to say the Aussie women haven't been doing well, but if they lost to Canada on Thursday night as they sure seemed to wouldn't that make a third win in three games a bit of a stretch? Or did I misunderstand?

22. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Sorry, this is the CSLA update, where Isabelle Harvey coaches. Our girls won, i wasn't referring to Canada, sorry, i should've made that more clear. This update is just for anyone that wants to know how Isabelle Harvey has been doing.

23. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    FINALLY!!!

hey-

the CSA finally put the game report at the site:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=907

our lineup was:

1. Karina LeBlanc; 2. Melanie Booth (18. Kristina Kiss, 74), 6. Sharolta Nonen, 12. Clare Rustad; 5. Andrea Neil, 7. Isabelle Morneau, 15. Kara Lang, 16. Brittany Timko, 10. Charmaine Hooper (C), 17. Silvana Burtini.

the only change in the starting lineup was that melaine booth started instead of amy walsh...and all the players that played on thursday played again this game (minus walsh)...so i can't say much about losing 1-0 when we beat this team 2-0 the game before. but from what i read, the whole team wasn't "on", and missed many chances to score...

looking forward to the gold cup now...

elaine

ps- thanks for the updates ray! keep them coming! always like to hear what isa is up to!!!

24. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    ok...

so i'm rereading my post, and i noticed something...unless i can't count right, but i only see 10 starting players on that lineup...and i copy and pasted it directly from the CSA release....the player i see "missing" (if in fact walsh did not start) is breanna boyd.

but now that i look at the way the players are put in order (of positions), if the team played the same formation as they did thursday, i think booth played for boyd, and amy walsh did in fact start. maybe boyd had to back to nebraska...i'm gonna find out about this...

elaine

25. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hey-

i think i found the "answer" to the question...

nebraska played kansas on sept 29., and i just checked the score and roster, and breanna was at the game and did start/play.

therefore i highly doubt she was at the game for aus vs. can on the 28th...i'm still waiting official confirmation from my friend at the CSA....will post that once i get it

elaine