a taste of mooch on borchers

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by bigdush, Oct 14, 2003.

1. joeyclams

joeyclams Member

Apr 16, 2001
    Denver, CO
  2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Great article. I agree with you about Becks

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm excited to see a strong Rapids component on the team. If the youth can mature and the Rapids can hold onto all of them we will have a team that competes year in and year out.

4. bigdush

bigdush New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Parker, CO
    Sorry I didn't single out beckerman as well.

I guess i was having personal issues with the fact that I had to agree with mooch.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    According to 3rddegree.net, which has Jordan Stone writing a journal from the U23 camp, Becks and Borchers will start tonight against Haiti.

6. DougO

DougO Member

Jan 2, 2001
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11/15 U-23s play; what about the MLS Cup semifinal?

In the announcement yesterday about the U-23s, I caught the following:

"The game will mark the team’s final preparation before its CONCACAF Qualifying begins for the 2004 Olympics in Athens, Greece. The U.S. begins qualifying on Saturday, Nov. 15, with a road match at St. Kitts & Nevis, who defeated Dominica by a 4-1 aggregate score in their first round series. The U.S. will then return home to complete the second leg of the second round series on Wednesday, Nov. 19, at a site to be determined. "

I dunno about the rest of you, but I thought I'd be watching Landon play in an MLS Cup SemiFinal match on November 15th (assuming we get through the first round against LA ;-). Is Meyernick going to expect Donovan at St Kitts & Nevis? And what about the 4 Colorado players on the U-23 squad? We do without Donovan, you do without Trembly, Beckerman, Borchers, and Schmidt.

DougO

7. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked this out as well and liked the following: "Landon and Kyle Beckerman scored twice in their first go around! The attackers faded out pretty quickly only scoring four goals (goals deemed as quality by the coaching staff, we actually scored more), with the centerback combination of David Stokes and Nat Borchers scoring the other two. I of course failed to score, missing a sitter on the far post."

When are Becks and Nat going to start scoring some goals for the Raps!?!?