A striker, please. And a CB. And some hope. (Transfer Thread)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Double, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    spurs need a leftback much more then rightback..corluka and hutton are fine for that position..corluka is a guy who is so dam good on the ball but is slow so its hard to really peg what his best position is..i think its centerback as he reads the game very well but his preferred position is defensive mid but i dont think he has enough pace to play there..

2. rbpierce

rbpierce Member

Jul 19, 2008
    los angeles, ca
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
  3. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Should we send Bale out on loan too? I doubt he will break his winless league win jinx this season.

4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The way Chimbonda played at LB vs. Sunderland, I'd prefer to keep Bale as BAE backup.

The other loan moves are good - although they are Championship, those teams play attractive football and could be a good outlet for Adel and GDS.

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Agreed Phillyspur, although I don't know that much about those two teams at the moment, the players definitely need games and if those teams play an attacking style then that can only be good for them. Rumor has it that Dos Santos has really let himself fall into a serious lack of fitness, so clearly he needs to be playing a lot more somewhere.

In general, I'm not sure the Championship is the right place for Dos Santos, because of it's physical nature, but he needs games desperately, so I'll definitely take it.

Taarbt can take the physicality of the Championship, and I'm glad to see him get more time on the field. I think this kid has excellent potential, but he needs to keep his head up a bit more and work on his passing. His vision is sometimes suspect and his passing is mediocre, so anywhere that gives him the ball a lot and forces him to work on those aspects of his game will be good for him I think.

-Digital

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    There'll be a firesale at Boro if they go down.

That said, I'd like Dervite to have a run out when he comes back from his loan spell.

7. alexspepa

alexspepa Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC