A question From Iran

Discussion in 'Korea' started by SS2006, Nov 17, 2004.

1. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    what will happen if North Korea and South Koera are grouped togehter
    will both games be played on neutral grounds?
    i haerd mayday stadium takes 200,000 fans, do you think it will be full for once, do you feat them or theyre easy?
    tahnks!

2. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Well, I know that South Korea would gladly welcome North Korea to play in the South, as they have already played one match after the last world cup (0-0 draw). I'm not sure if North would be alright about it, but I strongly think that they wouldn't mind.

Bottom line is, there shouldn't be any problems with home and away series.

3. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    it'll be just another WCQ match. With so much at the stake, however, i like to see one of Koreas play japan rather than each other. Playing NK isn't just hostile enough for me (at least for WCQ)

4. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I won't expect South Korea fans to be allowed to go to NK to watch.

5. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

I want to see NK and Japan grouped together. That would be sweet candy to me. :D

6. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Don't be surprised if two governments work on something to send select number of Red Devil fans to NK. If it happens, you heard it from me first ;)

7. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Yeah that's possible.
    But for the most of us it will be impossible.

8. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    if south do play in the north will tv show it??

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Yep, I'd expect that a limited number of fans would be specially chosen to go up to the game... the North sent down busloads of female "cheering squads" for the Asian Games tournament in 2002 so I guess something similar will happen.

I'm not entirely sure but I believe that FIFA competition rules state that you have to make a certain amount of tickets available for away fans (that's how UEFA operates anyway) - the visiting FA doesn't have to take up the allocation, and obviously the fans don't have to travel to the games... but I don't think an FA can specifically exclude away fans from buying tickets unless there's a very valid reason agreed with by FIFA.

So let's book a bus and go on up there :)

10. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Their cheering squads were great! I love to know how they were selected and what their family backgrounds are.

11. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    they probably just chose the hottest chicks they could find that wouldn't run off to the south once they were there. so they probably came from families with something to lose if they ran off.

12. yosukino

yosukino New Member

Jul 18, 2004
    saitama,Japan
    That candy would be able to move our current political problems.

Anyway Japan had alredy met NK at Pyongyang 85' world cup qualify. At that time only 5 or 6 jarnalists can be allowed to into Nk. How about south korea at that time? Does Any one Know that?