A question for the Romanians, here.

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Serb, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    Do you think Mutu should leave Juventus?

He's very underappreciated there. Maybe he could go to Lazio. They could use a few good, quality players, right now.

Or what about Fiorentina? I don't think they would mind having him on their team.

2. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was actually thinking about the same thing earlier, Mutu doesn't get the playtime he deserves and he's a quality player, everytime he does come on the pitch he does something positive for the team. It's just that Juve has the likes of Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet, and Del Piero who all happen to be in excellent form and will get more playing time.

I don't think Mutu should leave, definitely not to Lazio, that team needs more than Mutu to get back to their best.Fiorentina already has several consistent and efficient strikers and it seems to be clicking, I doubt managment would want to alter that. Mutu is a world class player and he would have to go to a first class club that participates in the CL every season. At this moment I can't think of a team that needs a striker. None of the big clubs need him and everything else would be a downgrade from Juventus.

With that in mind, Mutu should stay, Del Piero isn't getting any younger and I doubt Zalayetta will stick around any longer, at that point, Mutu is the perfect replacement and neither Ibra or Trezeguet will always remain uninjured, hence Mutu can become a regular in the squad.

3. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I thought it was a bad idea when it was announced. It was never going to be easy getting playing time with all the incredible players Juve already has. However, now that he committed to Juventus he should stay and fight it out. Stability can only be a good thing for Mutu and Romania right now.

4. Triphat

Triphat New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Red and Blue Land
    It was unfortunate for him to come back from the ban straight into this Juve squad who have 2 word class in form strickers. Not that Mutu isn't world class... but he needs some more time on the field to get back to the form that made him big. He's playing well on the right anyway... but that is not his best position.

He shouldn't leave... but that is the most probable thing right now... but I doubt Juve would sell him without replacing him with some other stricker, like Cassano.

Time and patience shall prove his class ;)

5. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    He will stay. He loves it there and all good things come with patience.

6. Amnesialex

Amnesialex New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Timisoara, Banat
    I think it's obvious that Mutu is feeling good at Juventus and he'll do anything he can to struggle for a place in the first team. He shouldn't think about going to another team and he's probably not.

7. corina

corina New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Kathmandu United
    He could play as a in the hole midfielder behind the 2 forwards, but then again he will have to compete with "I CANT RUN 5 YARDS BEFORE I TRIP OVER MY OWN SHADOW, Alessandro Del Piero" :mad: :mad:

8. Serb

Serb New Member

Oct 1, 2005
    Southern Ontario
    2 goals for Mutu.

9. Triphat

Triphat New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Red and Blue Land
    I'm glad to see Mutu back in the form that made him big. I hope he continues like this.:)

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And if Trezeguet leaves in June and Del Piero to follow, it will undoubtedly be his time to shine so to speak. Juve have lost Cassano out to Real Madrid so they will have no other choice but to keep Mutu and the way he's churning out performances like he's doing now, begin to start him regularly.