A question for the National Team followers:

Discussion in 'England' started by cmedina1983, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What does it feel like to have an English national team that's actually showing promise for the first time since 1966? I know it's been a fair while, but right now you guys are 4 from 4 in what could be considered a weaker group (I actually don't), in the European zone. It bodes very well for you because it's apparent that now the English national team has gotten their shit together for the first time in 40 years.

For far too long it's been a case of "This 17/18/19/20 year old wonder kid is going to save us from our sins of being a mediocre underachiever". But it never happened. Now, I don't hear that. Have the influx of foreign internationals into the Premier League bolstered the Englishmen's skills? Has the staunch, English ego subsided, leaving behind a group of players that want to prove themselves with their football, rather than their words? Has the coaching improved, have players been replaced - adequately?

What is the mystery behind England's resurgence?

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Looks like you answered all your own sarcastic questions you aussie cvnt.
    Dont worry about us and our form.
    This is still early days in qualifying with a long way to go. Its not like we're in mickey mouse group with the likes of Bahrain and qatar.

3. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So what you're saying is that there's still a lot of time for you to choke in your remaining matches and that I shouldn't count your bad form out?

If you'd read my post a little better and put your arrogance of having feigned footballing brilliance aside, you'd see that most of my post is actually very complimentary to the English side. However it is also littered with a very realistic view of the English national team's accomplishments since 1966.

I believe this dose of reality must have struck a chord with you in order to call me a ********.

4. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    ahhhhhh my arrogance of having feigned football brilliance.
    To you ,stating that the job is only part done is arrogance.
    I better be more humble in future when some aussie tosser drops by with a load of sly digs and backhanded compliments.

You should be more worried about the upcoming epic socceroo clashes with North Korea and Thailand.Or whichever ladyboy team they are playing next in their epic struggle in the asia federation.

5. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thread closed..