A plead for Andy to return, and a possible solution

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by CleveGuyOH, May 19, 2010.

1. CleveGuyOH

CleveGuyOH New Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, as well as others I miss your tracking thread, and the AAQ and seeing where this season stacks up against others.

Please come back and bring us the information.

Now here is my thought for a possible solution - 2 threads each week.

The Andy B AAQ thread, which would have a very low tolerance for anything not AAQ related by the mods,

and a second thread that we might as well call the "week X attendence B*tch thread"

Where we can comment on the numbers, why they are good, why they suck, why seattle invented fans, etc.

Others thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Seconded...

3. EmpedoxFCB

EmpedoxFCB Member

Apr 20, 2009
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like a plan.

4. Golazo

Golazo Member+

Apr 15, 1999
    Decatur, GA USA
    small price to pay

5. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Leave the poor guy alone.

6. HAthemm17

HAthemm17 Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Kingston, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    What's with Andy?

7. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Andy,

Whether or not you return, thanks for years of providing the numbers. The first few pages of your attendance threads are about all I check BS for these days. I really appreciate(d) your work.

I hope you haven't retired from the attendance-analysis game. If you are, in fact, hanging it up, is there any way you could pass your spreadsheet on to a successor?

Thanks again for giving us numbers to analyze over the years,

Chris

P.S. Some of you Bigsoccer VIP's need to follow Cleveland's example and organize a "We are Andy Mead" music video...

8. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, but it wasn't "Andy Mead" who did the attendance threads, but "Andy B".

9. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As BigSoccer's resident attack dog, I pledge to do the moderator's job for them and run n00bs, morons, retards, dumb********s and other trash out of the threads with a renewed vigor and enthusiasm, not seen by many

10. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize you are joking, but the people attacking the trolls are almost as annoying as the trolls themselves.

11. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did it ever occur to anyone that Andy B. might have some health problem or something?

Maybe he isn't angry or sad or whatever, maybe there is a legitimate reason (beyond flamers) for him not to be here in the last week or so?

Anyone know the guy outside of BS?

12. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    stick around

he's good for something monumental

13. Fiosfan

Fiosfan Red Card

Mar 21, 2010
    Nevada
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImiDDLdzcAs"]YouTube- Motorola BACKFLIP: Sandwich and Dune Buggying[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0mkwf59Ag"]YouTube- Motorola BACKFLIP: Cute Boots and Karate[/ame]

14. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He speaketh the truth.

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wrong Andy.

You should've been here when Andy Busa and I were the moderators of Business & Media together.

1 person likes this.
  16. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is it with folks from Cleveland? Stop the groveling.

We are LeBron

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's possible, but Andy has a very, very, low tolerance for assholes. He doesn't engage in flamewars. If people persist in picking fights in his discussions he tends to stop providing a platform.

I hope he comes back, too. But the information he provides is out there, the formulas and data aren't secrets. But then, so are the assholes.

I completely understand his occasional absences. Sometimes it's just not worth it.

18. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are times when all of us feel like "WTF?" on this site, I think.

There are some crazy mothers on here. And it's particularly galling when the issue is something that can be analyzed and discussed logically and people turn it into a flame war.

The OP's solution seemed logical to me. Some people just want to come on and argue about whether 10,000 in Frisco is enough or not, or how it looked on TV. There has to be a way to separate that never-ending argument from discussion of the actual data.

That said, I can't imagine taking much of it to heart. If people don't like the formula or whatever, eff 'em.

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you will start with yourself first thus leaving that position open for another to fill.

20. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "You Be the Don" forum are created expressly for folks to complain about the way MLS does things. Why self-important blowhards have to complain on the attendance threads is beyond me.

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, his main criticism - if I remember correctly - isn't that people don't like the formula, it's that people attack the formula without actually understanding what the formula is and is not.

I understand his perspective completely.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That doesn't really work. I'm his usual substitute when he's not around, and I'm not sure which is worse.

23. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll whatever works to get Andy B back. I like lurking his threads and I do enjoy reading the banter from the supporters about the underlying reasons for their teams numbers.

24. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second the OP's sentiments.

25. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) I'm not joking. Trust me.

2) If the troll is having to deal with me, they don't usually have time to work their shennanigans

3) Nothing like a flamewar to get lazy mods and Ubermods involved. Trolls usually commit ever increasing flagrant violations of the TOS, which allows said mods to infract them or remove them.

See, the thing with people like you is that you don't really grasp that I don't play my games in the serious threads, like the Attendance Analysis threads. There's a level of decorum that is observed. Unless someone wants to argue falsehoods like "magic sound amplifying roofs", which I'm more than happy take the time to scalp them over.

It's a style difference.
    It is interesting until some know nothing like Ole Gunnar Cocksucker interjects his idiocy or some provincial dweeb tries to analyze some geographic or historical data that he really has no grasp of.