A place to RANT!!!!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Liv'poolFaninAZ, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    Ok! I'm usually very optimistic, and I admit I spend alot of time defending and apologizing for our boys, but sometimes you just get angry.

I can't for the life of me, ever admit that Southampton, Brumm City and N'castle are better than us! I cannot accept that David Moyes is a better manager than Rafa, I cannot accept that we have the "Alleged" best Midfielder in England as our captain and we keep losing to clubs that we should be stomping on. Boy I HATE Man U, but I have to say, that they know how to put clubs away, and they play with a sense of urgency, you know , as if EVERY game counts!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN LIVERPOOL?!?!?!?

How did Rafa win La Liga? Yes, we've had injuries, but Sometimes you just have to do with what you have, and it's not like the non-injured players we have are all incompetent!!! There is NO way that we should've lost to Birm. City, or S'ampton, or N'castle!!! There is NO reason we should've lost today!!! NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the players revolting vs Rafa? 'coz that's all I can think of right now!!! Do they HATE him and want him gone???????

WTF??? 5-4-1? 5-4-1? How do you expect to score?

You can flame away if you want I don't care! I'm just really angry right now!!

2. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    what's going on in this thread?

3. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona

My patience breaking down, that's what.

4. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    shut the fock up, you idiot.

5. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We support a club that has through the years known success and tragedy. Some days are better than others. Today, with a kid keeper who was playing backup reserves for Leeds two months ago and with a center half who Valencia let go for free just to lose his salary, we lost 1-0. Newcastle beat Chelski 1-0, only two weeks ago, on the same ground. They are not a bad side. They did not have a single meaningful shot from the run of play. Shearer "acted out" a foul in the spot Robert wanted (a veteran move) and he scored on his fifth free kick.

We did nothing much in attack. But keep your fvcking head held high. Newcastle hasn't won a cup in 36 years. They are forever in our shadow. On this day we were missing the following: Cisse, Alonso, Moro, Hamann, Dudek, Kirkland, Djimmy, Sinama Pongolle and Harry Kewell. It is simply not our year. Changes will come next year, and we will be back. Congratulate Newcastle on their win and shake hands. Walk on, Walk on and you'll never walk alone.

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Way to put things into perspective. We had 24 million pounds worth of summer signings done for the season before Christmas (Cisse, Alonso). And the list just keeps growing. Baros is literally the only striker in the squad that is currently fit. Our injury crisis has prevented us from having any consistency in the team. After a great win in Europe, followed by a good performance in the cup final, our formation and lineup was completly changed for this one because of injuries.

It may still be our year yet. The race for 4th is far from over IMO and we are very close to reaching the final 8 in the best competition in the world. "Walk on, walk on..."

7. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona

Look, week in and week out I'm usually the optimist, and I understand the ups and downs of Football, I've been playing since I was 5. I'm 32 now, I love the game and I sometimes give too much significance to what is , after all just a game (gulp). I've dealt with the pain of missing my mark and seeing the ball beat my keeper and taking the blame for that. I've dealt with the pain of missing a penalty! and I've felt the pain of getting booked and ejected from a play-off game. I take this game too seriously sometimes.

That being said, I posted what I posted after finally breaking down and losing it! I must say I think I've done quite well this season, given the numerous reasons we've all had to give up this year. It's not like I'm gonna burn my scarf tomorrow or anything. I just had my heart set on those 3 points, and nothing makes me madder than not being able to catch up to everturd when we've had more than enough opportunities. If I didn't love this club, it wouldn't hurt like it does.

When you walk through a storm.....

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Have you checked the table recently?

Oh the irony on this, of all days.

9. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona

Table or no table, all three clubs mentioned above have beaten us.

But I'm over it, like I've said I got mad, I posted, 'nuff said.

10. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Okay, Liv'poolfaninAZ think of it this way:

1. We had a goalkeeper in today who was a backup on a championship side, was making his prem debut and is in effect our third-choice keeper. He kept everything out except for a shot that no one could stop. That's pretty damn good.

2. We were forced to play with 1 striker up front because Moro was out for this game and Cisse, FSP, and Mellor will not see action again this season. We are stuck with effectively two strikers for the rest of the season.

3. Our first choice back line looks like-Finnan-Carra-Hyppia-Traore. Now having one player out may not seem like a big difference, but in this case it does. Finnan can only play on the right, Hyppia and Pellegrino are too slow to play outside or play next to each other as CB's (as we learned when Finnan was out). So with the only other two players that can play LB being Riise and Warnock, we had to move Riise back. Subsequently, this took Riise out of the midfield and:

4. We had a player (Smicer) in the midfield that hadn't gotten near the pitch all season. We have been missing our most important midfielder (not our best, our most important), Xabi Alonso, since the Chelsea game.

The point being, that Rafa had to play a defensive formation and hope for a draw or the odd goal scored on the counter-attack. And the plan worked for the most part. If that ball is struck with a centimeter difference, we are going back to Liverpool with one point.

I'm amazed at the fortitude we've showen when the following players have missed a game at any point this season:
    Dudek
    Kirkland
    Finnan
    Hyppia
    Traore
    Smicer
    Nunez
    Alonso
    Gerrard
    Kewell
    Moro
    Baros
    Mellor
    Cisse
    FSP

That's 15 players, and you could make one hell of a team with that.

11. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    [​IMG]

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    :confused: ManCiteh have taken 4 points off us this year. So what?

13. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Nicephoras is right, in fact, two of the clubs you mentioned, we beat at home.

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeh! But they're a better club than you!.......... :)

And I'm personally blaming that ******** Lampard for our troubles right now.

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I hear Frank also robbed your local convenience store, drove over your dog AND shagged your Mom.
    In his spare time he likes to make life miserable for all Liverpool fans. Its the personal touch that makes the difference for Frank though.

16. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Neg rep worthy. :(

17. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Wha!
    Damn, You almost had me fooled.

Then I remembered he preferred the company of young boys..!

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Don't be shy young man, I can take it. Neg rep me all you want.
    Although I wonder if you neg rep everyone whose jokes you don't get?

19. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Touche!

20. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    No, I'm too intelligent to not neg rep people. :rolleyes: I didn't like your joke and was trying to highlight it. Just that.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    So you're saying its an empty threat? You won't even neg rep me? Jeez, here I was all scared for nothing. Man, I feel so silly now.

Only one, Frank Lampard,
    Only one, Frank Lampard............

22. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I heard Boy George singing that as he left Frank's flat! ;) ;)

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    He's just another Englishman who thinks Frank's better than Stevie, I don't see the problem. ;)

24. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Anyone who blames this season on Rafa or on "player's revolting against him" has clearly lost the plot. This has not been our season, plain and simple...just one of those years. It's only because it has immediately followed two or three years of utter mediocrity from GH that it seems like it's "more of the same from LFC". We will be much, much, much better next season.

25. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Good point. And all is not lost...we are still in the Champions League. By the end of the week, Liverpool might be the only team in England that could say that.