A Philly Soccer Bar

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by HartwickFan, Mar 24, 2005.

1. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Alright, time to get ready for the Mexico game. Tir Na Nog again? I'll call next week and make sure they have Telemundo.

2. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? No ESPN Classic?

3. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    The Fed's website currently lists the TV as "TBD."

4. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Tir Na Nog? Sounds, uh, different. Actually, I have no idea what that means. Anyway, I will be in town for a wedding, and I am looking for a place to catch the match with other MNT fans. Is this near the Four Seasons (fat chance I'm betting)?

5. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    It's at most two blocks away. Go out of the hotel, turn right onto the Ben Franklin Parkway, walk to 16th Street, turn right again, when you hit the alley in front of Suburban Station turn right again and go in the door.

And you are d@mn lucky to be staying at the Four Seasons, that is a sweet hotel.

6. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Perfect. Next time I think I've been unlucky on something, I'll know where I spent it. Now if I could only be sure it'll be on in English. The only Spanish I remember is gol, gol, gol, gol.

7. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    I understand about the birthing class, Looper. My wife is doing well. She has the normal aches and pains of someone eight months pregnant, but nothing too bad. How's your wife? Are you starting to feel nervous? I'm getting really nervous these days, as we have a lot to do to get our apartment ready for the baby...

8. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, not really ready yet but oh well. Still have to get the spare bedroom turned into a nursery in waht little time we have left. The hot days haven't been too kind, but she's holding up OK.

I'm up for Ti Na Nog, as I am not going to C-Bus. I've made Phila-C-Bus one day round trippers, and was prepared to do it again, but the mrs. wasn't real excited about that...:D

9. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    So does Tir Na Nog have Telemundo?

10. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I don't know, I've been out of town all week. I get back to Philly on Thursday.

I assume they do, honestly.

11. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, i laws will be here this weekend, but I may be able to sneak down. Who is actually going to Tir Na Nog for US/Mex?

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    How about who else (other than n4100 and I) are going to Columbus?

13. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long a trip is that?

14. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'll be there.

Were you one of the drunk guys I was singing "Fly Eagles Fly" with right outside the gate in Hartford, by any chance??

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I had an Eagles hat on in the Sams Army section. I don't remember singing that though...but it's entirely possible!

Dave - It's about an 8 hour trip.

16. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I move back to Philly on Saturday, and definitely want to see this game. In fact, I need to go to a bar because I won't have cable hooked up. A few points:

1. The USSF website says the game is on espn classic.

2. Is Tir Na Nog definitely the place to go? And has anyone confirmed they have ESPN Classic (I assume they do I've never been there and I don't want to risk missing this)?

17. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    me and however many people i can bring with me.

18. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    They get Setanta and FSW, they must have Classic. I assume they have a dish or something. I keep forgetting to call them. The game isn't listed on the events calendar (only France-Ireland is) but I've been there for enough US games that I am sure they will be able to help us out. I am sure it being Saturday the place will be pretty crowded but hopefully we can get a lot of people to pay attention.

For anyone else who hasn't been there before it does tend to get a bit smoky in there, especially near the bar, so just keep that in mind.

19. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    14 hous round trip. 'tisn't fun.

20. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Okay so here's the deal for tonight. I finally got on the phone with Tir Na Nog and it turns out there's some big Gaelic football tournament in town this weekend and there are players in from all over the country. But they said that since the game is on ESPN Classic they can put it on one of their TVs for us. Hopefully they can do the big screen. Regardless, the place will be pretty packed. But I'd like to think a few of those guys will be interested in the game anyway.

I guess we should try to get there around 7:15 or so just to be sure there's space.

See you all tonight.

21. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Doesn't look like I'll be able to make it down to Center CIty for the game. I do know that the Notre Dame Club usually has a TV reserved at Tir Na Nog for their games, though many of their members are heading out to Pittsburgh for the game tonight.

22. uiriamu

uiriamu Member

Mar 16, 2005
    Philly, (NC)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, everyone. I'm just moving to Philly this Tuesday for grad school and I might be able to watch the Wed Guat game since it's later: 10pm ET. I've had a lot of fun following games through bigsoccer pbp from Japan, but I'd love to catch the real thing. Like the previous poster, won't have cable set up.

Anyone planning on catching the game at Tir Na Nog, or another soccer bar?

23. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I'm staying in this time, in part because of the kickoff time and in part because my classes start Wednesday. Sorry.

24. Looper121

Looper121 Member

United States
    Jun 19, 2003
    Sec 104
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't say I'm going, these are lame duck games from here out...

25. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    What ended up happening in Philly?? Did you guys get together anywhere to watch the game??

Also, how many of you guys made it out to C-bus?? Was great to see Steve D again and met his friend Wayne from Manayunk, didn't run into anyone else from Philly though aside from the dude standing on the chair outdoors in the bar afterwards in a Phillies hat.