A perfect DP

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by lakaix15, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sublicon

sublicon Member

RBNY, Fulham FC
    United States
    May 28, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we should fire Reyna, fire Waterreus and hire the world-renowned Union County College Owls goalkeeper Konrad Madej to man the onion bag . . give him DP money, baby.

2. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could always go back to talking about the expansion draft that hasn't been announced. :rolleyes:

3. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Sublicon, i wouldnt mind that, But you got your info wrong 1. im not with the owls anymore 2. if the bulls want to sign me they can talk to my angent, but he only talks polish and german (no hes not my dad) 3. im hurt so no contract would be made. but thanks for the offer buddy

But for you i would Definitly hire you and fire bruce

Jim, that isnt a bad topic because it does look like SJ2008 STL2009 and Phila2010

so that makes three players off our roster

4. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

May 14, 2007
    Edison, NJ
    Oh no. A guy on a message board is going to call Reyna "Schopp." I'm sure that will convince Claudio to take a pay cut.

Perfect DP? Doesn't exist; unless you can turn one into 11 players who can play well together and cohesively as a unit.

5. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    optimizer- if that was possible then i would like to order a steven gerard and make him into 11 players

as for perfect dp, the play best fits the style of play of our team which makes him the best player out there who we can get

6. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was only me that could not find info on this expansion draft.

7. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    no metro were just assuming or pretending that there will be one

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My prediction is that off season trading will churn our roster much more than any expansion draft (or series of expansion drafts.)

My hope is that the churn will be limited to about 3 or 4 players, because I think we have a pretty good team that needs time to gel. There's a reason you stop stirring the jello...

9. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    The only players we need to keep in first place are:

Mr Pants, Mends, Parke, Stammler, Kova, Richards, Sinisa, Vide, Angel, Atidore and Doe...

In second: Cepero, Leitch, Quaranta, Kircz, Maggee and Leventure until we find a ideal replacement for them...

All the rest can go, Wally, Mathis and Reyna haven't more gas in they tank for another season and VDB, Schopp they are just garbage, if is Freeman, White, Camp, Ikangu and Caccavale, they never been good, just for three thing, for nothing, for nothing and for nothing.......

10. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with everything except for Clint and Freeman...we should keep them.

11. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    im with metz and rooney on this one, but still i have a feeling that we should cleen house at the defence position because i feel we could have a better defence, at that position were just simply to slow

12. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My pick for the perfect DP:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I went there. :eek:

13. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    can we sign her now

14. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if a DP slot were to open up, i think we should pick up a solid goalie. I've been noticing a lot of bad goalkeeping around MLS and our team is definitely not an exception. a good goalie can instantly give us an advantage over just about any team in this league. Conway is alright and we're all familiar with the Walrus. If we want to have a consistent chance of winning games, it all starts in our net. i wish we could've brought Tim Howard back instead of "Captain America" (or really anyone else for that matter).

15. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    kidtelex, i dont think we will ever use a DP on a goalie, plus LA dosnt have an advantage in Joe Cannon and he could start on any team in the world, we can trade for one then thats a diferent story

16. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Statistics say fans may not come just for the beautiful game. Didn't KC won an MLS championship, yet their attendace was never good. Chivas USA is playing beautiful soccer, they top the West, yet their attendance is only slightly better then KC.

I think the NY market is one that needs a Beckham type of a player. Combine that with beautiful exciting quick passing soccer could make a major impact in attendance. Otherwise forget it.

I realy think Bruce Arena's brain got fried all those years at the Nats. I remember DC played good possesion passing style soccer under him, just like Chivas does now. Bruce forgot how to implement that and changed to a more kick and run style that is so typical in us soccer this days.

And where do you come up with this guy as a pick up for us ? (Jacek Krzynowek)
    do you have anything to back it up as someone interested/wanting to come here or is this just fantasy . Have you heard anything that he is not happy with his current club,does he have fam here,does he like NY do you know anything at all .

There are hundred of players out there much better then what we have right now, so what are we to do post each players name as potental DP ? I am sure NYRB and its managers, coaching staff are aware of every player that might be available and a good fit.

17. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    We need to find someone to replace Reyna, i hear ya on that.

18. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Soccerfan, ill say this he has a good connection with usa.

but how did reyna do btw

19. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    The perfect DP is in Spain. He's from the continent of South America & for his national team Lemon Yellow Jerseys with blue shorts.

You guessed it......................................................................................

Ronaldinho

20. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess but those teeth will scare the circus away :p *no offense*

21. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    devil 500 i agree but he is good

22. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I feel like him and Guevara are in that same category for our creator search next year. If we can't find anything younger and better. In my opinon, Gomez has dropped off this year, hasn't looked MVP form.

24. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Please... no... not him... I dont think I can cheer for a man who drove up to the swamp and banged drums with the DC supporters...

25. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    DC never will let him go to a team in the same conference and they will make a deal with one team next year in the west or maybe Europe...