A Newcomer's Questions

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by Becks2003, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Becks2003

Becks2003 New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    US
    I'm new to the world of soccer but am really interested in European Soccer (cuz they seem to get it better over there). Now that teams have qualified......where does it go from there? Will there be regular weekly games? When will that start? And where can little old me in the USA find these games one TV? Fox Sports World? PPV? Sorry if these are a lot of questions! I don't mean to sound ignorant really....i'm just new! Thanks a million!!!

2. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a start. You can get all the info you want on EUFA Euro 2004 at this site as well as other European competitions.
    http://www.uefa.com/
    I'm not quite sure if you are refering to just the Euro 2004 matches when you asked about TV or not but that won't be starting for quite a while (the finals).

3. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's another site you should get to know.
    At the bottom of the first page are links to different sections such as European competitions, etc..
    http://www.soccertv.com/

4. Becks2003

Becks2003 New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    US
    Thanks a bunch!

5. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Big Soccer. I'm sure when everyone wakes up tomorrow there will be more info here for you.

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think you meant the Euro 2004 Finals, right??? The qualified teams will play in the Euro 2004 Finals in Portgual.

"Final tournament
    In the final tournament, which will take place between 12 June and 4 July 2004, the 16 teams will be divided into four groups of four. The top two teams in each group will advance to the quarter-finals, with a knockout system in force from that stage."

7. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    recommendations...

I noticed that you hadn't specified the favourite team. And since you are a newcomer, I thought you didn't choose it yet. Here are my recommendations:

* Do not support Real Madrid. They used to be a good team when they had Valdano, Gallego, Gordillo, Martin Vasques and Butragueno; but now, every year they buy a new expensive player, and they get the antipathy of every soccer fan. They are the #1 to beat.

* Do not support Chelsea. They aim to be Real Madrid Version 2.

* Do not support Manchester United. You get defeated by Real Madrid every year, and get sorry for it. And if you support Arsenal, you would also be sorry because, you cannot pass through the group stage.

* I always support smaller teams, because their achievements become bigger for me. For example, In England, I support Newcastle instead of Arsenal or ManU; in Spain I support Celta, Valencia, Depor and Real Sociedad; in Italy, I support Lazio, Parma and Roma. At the years Besiktas wasn't involved in CL, I supported Dynamo Kiev.

That's my recommends. And to the supporters of the clubs mentioned above: I am not insulting, I am joking; really.