a new record for french soccer

Discussion in 'France' started by Pierre-Henri, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Gernot Rohr (Nice) is the ninth coach fired this season.

It's a new "coach fired per season" all-time record for french ligue. Another sign french soccer is in poor shape ?

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't think so. Look at the other major European leagues, EPL for example. Portsmouth, Southampton, Tottenham, WBA, Newcastle, Blackburn, Man City, have all changed managers mid season, and those are just the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.
    Rather, I think it is the sign of a very competitive league. If Bastia was content to finish in the relgation zone, I would be more worried than if they decided to sack their manager to make a change. Rohr did a nice job with NIce, but they are in a major slide and something needs to be done. I can't think of any poor changes this year in League 1.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Every French club except Lyon is in poor shape. I honestly dont care if Nice get relegated because I cant stand that joke of a stadium they have. A club in a city of that size should have a much better stadium than that. Let them go down and they can come back to Ligue 1 when they get their stadium built. Monaco just passed them in average attendencefor the season this week. HAHAHA.
    Monaco is at around 11,000 per game now Nice is hovering over 10,000.