A New Hope: The 11/12 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Footy,

Ibisevic would be my favourite on the whole. I think he is the strongest striker of those 4, but I am sceptical that any of the 4 will come. If anyone, probably Proschwitz.

As for Chandler, that is not out of the question. Even after signing Sakai, Bobic has been openly quoted as saying that they are interested in him. I think it may well still happen.

Don't forget, the futures of Boulahrouz (contract running out), Molinaro (interest from big Italian teams), Boka (contract) and Celozzi (out of favour) are all in the balance right now. That is, all of our left and rightbacks. That we buy more than one wingback would be no surprise to me at all.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agree with you. I know it would make you guys stronger, but I hope you get Ibisevic. I'd rather you get him than that self-centered a$$hole Cisse.

OK. I understand better now. Thanks for that information!

3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  4. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Stuttgart is being linked with another Bosnian NT player, Haris Medunjanin.

Played for the Dutch U-21 side, Spanish club Valladolid, and Israeli side Maccabi Tel-Aviv. Plays as a central midfielder, but can play as an AMF or DMF as well. Powerful shot, strong on the ball, decent technique.

Wenger praised him as one of the best players when Bosnia played France. Very underrated player and a great deal for the money.

--

I wish Stuttgart signed both him and Ibisevic, easily my new favorite Bundesliga side :D

1 person likes this.
  5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  6. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It was in the Bosnian media, so I wouldn't put a lot of stock into it. However, he player did come forward and state that playing for Stuttgart would be fantastic, so I guess that legitimizes it somewhat.

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfb-stuttgart/lakic-wechsel-immer-heisser-21981316.bild.html

Lakic's agent is in Turkey, where we are at a training camp. BILD and Spox both seem to think he will sign.

Thoughts??

I worry that he is a major one-hit-wonder.

His stats:
    11/12: Wolfsburg - 10 games, 0 goals
    10/11: Kaiserslautern - 31 games, 16 goals
    09/10: Kaiserslautern (II. Liga) - 24 games, 7 goals
    08/09: Kaiserslautern (II. Liga) - 25 games, 12 goals
    07/08: Hertha Berlin - 1 game, 0 goals
    06/07: Hertha Berlin - 11 games, 0 goals

What do you think??

Okay, let's not put too much stock in his time at Hertha. But his performance last season is also fairly inexplicable given his more mediocre showings for the same side in a weaker league. And this year he has been truly horrific.

I am unconvinced by him to be honest, it would be a risky transfer. But maybe he proves us wrong if he does come.

8. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't put much stock in his performances this year. Plenty of players (especially strikers) have had horrible seasons working with Magath. Helmes has struggled too.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We have the same fears when it comes to Lakic.

People forget that a guy named Delron Buckley once had a 15 goal season in the Bundesliga and was never better than "slightly sucky."

However, I would have to say I think Lakic is a good chance to take.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry. I'm not buying blaming Magath for the struggles of a guy who had one great season.

I knew Lakic would have a hard time with Magath because Magath didn't sign him.

But one thing I do know about Felix Magath is if you can do the job, he'll give you a chance.

The bad thing about Magath is once he gives up on a player, that player rarely sees another chance.

I don't blame Magath in any way for Helmes' struggles either. Helmes was already struggling before he ever left Leverkusen.

Helmes has not been the same since his knee surgery. He just has not been.

That is not Felix Magath's fault.

Magath is a hard guy. You show him you can do the job right away and you've got the best coach you ever had.

Get on his bad side, and you get what you see in Wolfsburg right now.

Sure, Felix is a tough guy to play for. But players need to show to attitude and fight and show Felix he can trust them.

It works both ways.

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So, regardless what we may think of it, Lakic is going to be on his way....provided that Wolfsburg give in a little on the transfer fee.

Sourced from Stuttgarter Nachrichten:
    ttp://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.vfb-stuttgart-vfb-holt-lakic-wenn-wolfsburg-finanziell-mitzieht.51dc0bb2-d129-4b68-93e9-07030b769e91.html

Does this also imply a Xmas season departure for Pavel Pogrebnyak?

13. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For what it's worth, I think that is a player is good not great, he will struggle in a system which doesn't use him to his best talents. The great players like Messi or Rooney will play well no matter what they do or where they do it.

Lakic is obviously a good player. But in his time at FCK, he played as the lone striker up top in a 4-2-3-1. He played a like Drogba or Gomez would in that scenario. He would hold the ball, very strongly, and distribute to wingers, or take a long shot. He's best used with his back to the net.

Well, Wolfsburg play a 4-1-2-1-2, or a 4-1-3-2 variant. The strikers in that scheme must play more like traditional attackers, with a lot of movement, and work together until a close shot opens up.

I'm not upset by the Lakic signing at all. I like that we are pushing out Pogreb because he was obviously terrible. And to replace him with what appears to be a bargain buy, a young guy who is suited to play well as the long striker in our 4-2-3-1.... I'm cool with that!

Now if Bruno switches to a 4-4-2 I'll be upset lol.

14. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well, we have not signed him yet. So let's see.

15. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word coming out that Chandler has fallen out of favor with FCN and talks happening for a straight swap with Celozzi.

16. Clubfans_United

Clubfans_United New Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Nuremberg
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    We don't believe in that! :)

Chandler has a contract till 2013 and Nuremberg doesn't need transfer income so Chandler should be too expensive for Stuttgart.

Instead: Nuremberg tries to extend the contract with Chandler as soon as possible.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That "word" looks more like the "hope" of Stuttgart fans. :rolleyes:

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That won't happen either. Hate to say this, but Chandler knows he can do better than FCN. I believe he's definitely interested in going to Stuttgart.

But I don't believe Martin Bader would be so stupid as to send Chandler to Stuttgart in a straight swap for Celozzi.

No way.......

19. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I have heard nothing about that, I have no idea where 'word' would be coming from...

20. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *sigh* -- you guys I've said before and say again: I get almost all my Vfb news from some guys out of Stuttgart who tweet stuff from newspapers, TV, and insider information. You can find it here:

https://twitter.com/#!/1893news

I never say anything that didn't come from them lol.

You'll see my Chandler ref there: "Kicker says Timothy Chandler has fallen out of favor a little in Nuremberg and says a swap (+cash) with Celozzi is a possibility. Chandler: "Hecking expects more from and I am trying to do that." FCN wants to extend him until 2015, but will sell for 2.5m € otherwise."

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because they're located in Stuttgart, it doesn't mean all their info is factual or correct.

I know a guy out of Dortmund who swears he has contacts, but does nothing except forward news from "Bild" and Sport1.

Vfbstuttgartfan is from Stuttgart too. He hasn't gotten that "word."

So maybe that "word" is simply "hope?"

BTW, I think FCN letting Chandler go for just 2.5M Euros is not only stupid, but crazy.

But it could happen if FCN is relegated.

I can easily see Stuttgart being Chandler's first choice.

But he also isn't going to force FCN to sell him at a cheap price just to go to Stuttgart.

22. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are guys who always quote from Kicker, newspapers, or other media. I'm not sure what you guys aren't getting? lol footy.

Regardless I'm pretty much going to stop posting information then because it's obv getting trolled.

23. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

There is no reason to stop posting what you get from twitter sources. If somebody wants to troll you for doing it, just put them on your ignore list. That's what I do. It makes visiting here much more pleasant. ;)

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Is it "getting trolled" or are you just being thin-skinned because not everyone is so quick to just believe something because the source is in Stuttgart??

I'll tell you something. The reason l mentioned the Dortmund guys before was just to try to show you that you weren't being "trolled." But if that's what you like to believe.

I post things that people don't believe all the time. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm not.

Funny. Someone doesn't leap to believe you and you're being "trolled."

Is that really all it takes??

BTW, are those sources always correct??

When did it get to the point that you cannot disagree with SPECULATION around here???

25. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I mean I only said I had heard nothing of this in order to put it into perspective: as far as I can tell any swap between Chandler and Celozzi would be highly, highly, highly unlikely.

I mean Celozzi has played like 5 competitive games in the last 18 months lol. Sound like a reasonable trade? FCN would surely not be that stupid.

But it's still interesting to hear!