A New Hope: The 11/12 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total niave trust, especially over here in the States away from everything... but you gotta think they took that money and invested it in the stadium build out, and training facilities.

If that's the case, then I'm 100% ok with the lack of spending on big ticket players the past few seasons. Thinking long term here, it makes sense.

But, of course, that's blind faith in an organization I know nothing about lol. Just looking that the positive scenario is all...

2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same thing for me, and also in Racing Club Strasbourg (relatives live in Alsace).

Be careful! Look how that (RCS) turned out! :(

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Damn bro. I can't blame you for having that opinion.

What's up with your youth system??

Any field players there at Leino's level??

4. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Transfer window is closed, no new buys or sales.

@footy
    there are a bunch of talented kids however, currently, I do not see anyone on the verge of making a big breakthrough. Maybe for next season.

5. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cool. Thanks for that info!

6. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Any news on Schieber??

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Yes: bad news :(

Due to some unforeseen complications it is unclear when his foot problem will be healed entirely and so, now, Schieber as well as the doctors are both refusing to set a time date for his comeback.

How bitter is that?? :(

8. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That completely f#cking SUCKS man! :mad:

Schieber and you guys have my sympathy.

This is a horrible break.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    So, Leno has been playing really well for Leverkusen.

Two days ago he even made his Champions League debut, away to Chelsea. And he played really well, making a number of great saves.

No sooner does this happen than he seems intent on staying in Leverkusen. Im actually hoping that Adler returns soon and puts him back on the bench, because I would be so enormously furious if this kid slipped away.

My mind is basically already made up: there should be a duel between Ulreich and Leno for our number 1 spot. Personally, I think Leno would win it.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Adler will probably be leaving Leverkusen soon.

But I'm with you. If I were VfB, I would not sell this kid.

11. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    In case anyone missed it, Andreas Hinkel ended up signing with Freiburg a week or so ago.

Best of luck to him!

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    More information on Leno's contract.

Apparently he could leave in the summer for 1 million euros (wtf?? who ever agreed to that?? Even 2 seasons ago that value would have been too little!) - but only if he plays less than 10 official matches for VfB.

In which case, if he returned and got a starting spot, that clause would go out the window.

Bobic in any case said once again that he is coming back at Xmas. We will see...

13. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...195/artikel_bobic-hofiert-die-ex-spieler.html

Bobic was obviously flirting with an Andy Beck return a little bit, but all signs are that nothing is going to come of it.

I thought the sale of Beck was ridiculous at the time, and it has been proven correct. He has turned into a player much stronger than our current right backs (although Boulahrouz has upped his game well), and it would have been great to have him in the squad. Same goes for Rudy, who I think would offer more on the wings than, say, Okazaki or Traore.

The relevance in all of this is of course that both will be playing against us in the coming weekend.

Also in the Hoffenheim squad is Sven Schipplock, who has failed to break through so far since joining that club.

A note on the progress of our loanees this season:
    - we hoped that Daniel Didavi would progress in a similar way to Julian Schieber during his time at FCN. So far, this has unfortunately not been the case at all. He has played in one Bundesliga match so far this season, having been subbed in in the 90th minute during FCN's first match of the year. Since then, he has not returned to the field. The catch: poor guy got injured early on, and this has impeded him in the last few months. Hopefully he can still break through, but it has been a big disappointment so far.
    - On Patrick Funk, his time in St. Pauli has also been very underwhelming so far. I hoped he could prove himself to be a strong calibre player in the second divison but this has not happened yet. He has played in only 3 matches so far this season, coming in as a substitute each time. Not good enough.

14. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Schieber not gonna return before winter break i assume?

15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I don't really know. They aren't saying much.

I don't even understand what the hell he has, but it's a real shame :(

16. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  17. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any truth to the rumor that we are interested in this Hiroshi Kiyotake from Cerezo Osaka? He's a forward. Rumor that we are going after him in winter.

18. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a fan from a non-UEFA country, I always am happy to see non-UEFA players come to Europe and do well.

So, let's hope so!

19. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  20. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Any link?

21. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Bild wrote some days ago that we are interested in Patrick Helmes.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/patrick-helmes/wolfsburg-stuermer-zum-vfb-20960540.bild.html

Thoughts? He was one of the best striking talents of his generation (was originally viewed as a potential Gomez replacement but Leverkusen said no and he then later got a Kreuzbandriss) but has had two and a half seasons of disappointment behind him now.

Additionally, it would surely only occur with some departures. Cacau, Pogrebnyak and Schieber should all be there in the Rueckrunde, what's the point of another striker, especially if usually play with just one attacker?

So, I don't think it will happen. But who knows, BILD are generally quite strong when it comes to transfer news...

Addition

24. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didavi getting the start at CAM today for 1FCN. I hope he plays well!

25. kgosser

kgosser New Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love how Träsch has been relegated to a RB role with Wolfsburg. The midfielder experiment over? Regardless, another quality RB we let get away.