A New Hope: The 11/12 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by Winoman, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I call fluke. It won't last.

If it does, I want my money back :D

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think "Winoman" has it right. Great move for both parties.

Not only does Pogreb seem to be trying harder, his game translates better to the EPL.

I don't think he would have ever done what he's doing now had he stayed in Stuttgart.

No matter how well he does at Fulham, I believe this was the right move.

I really don't believe EPL numbers translate to the BL. The BL plays a more tactical game.

Quite a few guys have looked good in England only to have it not translate elsewhere.

7. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
  8. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Vedo for 2 against his former club!

Salihovic with a goal as well, but he'll be joining Stuttgart soon anyways :D

9. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    did Holzhauser play in the first team ( during a BL game ) yet ?

10. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    He has appeared a few minutes as a substitute in a couple of games.

11. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Would be fine with that!

I think Salihovic will come if Kuzmanovic leaves. Kuzmanovic may not leave however, and currently he is back in the first 11. So we'll have to see.

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    According to Tuttosport, AC Milan are interested in signing Boulahrouz on a free this summer if we choose not to prolong a contract with him. He would like to stay here, but I doubt he will get the offer to.

13. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some recent chatter about Timothy Chandler on the Yanks Abroad thread:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25467211&postcount=1028

Chandler using Stuttgart as leverage with FC Nuernburg, or is he really interested in VfB?

14. JB-Bundesliga

JB-Bundesliga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to see a Sakai & Chandler pairing on the back flanks for the next 5 years or so. Boula probably won't be renewed, and Molinaro, while generally good, is getting long-in-the-tooth (although I think he's under contract to 2014). Thought I saw Sakai take a corner or 2 against Mainz today...his crosses are same caliber as Molinaro's IMO.

15. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I agree, Sakai + Chandler would be a strong wingback pairing.

Didavi scored two goals and had one assist against Schalke this week. Really looking forward to getting the guy back for next season. His wing play is especially useful in the system we play, as is his flexibility as a creator. He could do well in our side.

Apparently Hoffenheim are interested in Matthieu Delpierre now, who still has not played a competitive game this season. I hope he gets a run out before the end of the season, if only for sentimental value. However, Hoff have still failed to sign a new contract with Salihovic, so that option is still there.

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Our ex-captain and German Champion Matthieu Delpierre will be joining Hoffenheim for free at the end of the season:

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...el_babbel-holt-delpierre-nach-hoffenheim.html

Shame about how his last season ended. Injuries have plagued him incessantly, who would have thought he would not compete in a single professional match this season. It was time for a change, and I am happy for him that he has found a competitive club with a coach he likes where he can continue.

Sad about how it ends, but for me he is, and will remain, a Stuttgart legend.

I would love it if he could still get some minutes for a proper goodbye before the season draws to a close.

17. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Other news:

Dieter Hecking wants to keep Daniel Didavi.

No shock, look at his stats:
    20 appearances, 7 goals and 32 assists. 6 of those 7 goals came in the last 7 matches. He has really broken through.

Totally followed Schieber's footsteps. And, like Schieber, he better be here in our squad come next season.

He fits in brilliantly to Labbadia's system. I look forward to getting him back, and FCN better not have some buy out clause...

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Spot on man. I like what you guys have got going there!!

19. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

Naturally, that was meant to say 3 assists ;)

20. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Didavi has been used more than once on the wing by Nurnberg this year. He purely plays as the creator in the center. He's had a great run of 4 matches but I wouldn't forget that he has struggled for a regular starting role all year until very recently.

Schieber was arguably our best player all of last season and when he got injured our results suffered dramatically. Didavi has maybe been our best player for 4-5 matches. I don't think he's good enough right now to be more than a fringe player at Stuttgart who is barely making the bench. I would recommend letting him develop for another year.

21. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Well he struggled at the start, but all that interests me is how he is playing right now. That is the only real way to gauge his development. It appears to have been immense these last few months.

Even if he preferred to play in central attacking midfield, that is still an area where he could be accommodated - I do not see Hajnal as particularly far ahead of him.

I would like to have him back, and I assume we will.

22. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Lamprey

Lamprey Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Las Vegas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lot of Nurnberg and VFB involvement this off-season. Chandler is decided but Gebhart and Didavi are getting interesting. Didavi has told Bild he wants to stay at Nurnberg. He likes the coaches confidence in him and regular starting berth for his development. I think he's smart and realizes going to Stuttgart means the same crap he dealt with this year at Nurnberg: fighting all season to get a regular starting spot. He doesnt want to go through that again. His contract is up 2013 and VFB is cutting their budget this summer. Seems like a situation where VFB must extend him or sell this summer. Makes little sense to let him run on a free. Nurnberg and Hecking are putting the pressure on for him but of course Nurnberg has even less money than Stuttgart.

Gebhart is similar issue. Contract up 2013. Relegated to not even making the bench. Development suffering. He wants out and several clubs interested. Nurnberg apparently offering 1m but turned down.

Schieber is not extended yet either and contract runs 2013. I'm sure he will extend but how about a dalliance with returning to Nurnberg!?

24. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Didavi will not be going anywhere other than back to Stuttgart this summer, of that I am pretty confident.

You were right on Gebhart though...

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...kel_vom-vfb-zum-fcn_gebhart-deal-perfekt.html

FCN have signed him.

I think it is a shame, I saw him as a big talent when he signed with us, but he has struggled in the last 12 months or so. Clearly a player who has lost out under the Labbadia era - has not been favored and has not received enough opportunities to attempt a breakthrough. I can understand why he wanted the move, and I think it is a shame he could not make the jump to being a very strong player while at our club.