** A New Era - Rebuilding the Azzurri

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1101 Calcio Pauly, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    That's ironic given that's almost all you refer to when you provide "evidence" for anything, LOL. You're so sad.

Nice troll attempt.

They're like you, can't make up their mind. Actually they're much smarter than you. They realize that Capitalism is the only real way to make wealth, but communism is a great prison and they can go in and take over any successful business at any time. Stupid example on your part.

Why do you object? You've said it was a model to follow on many occasions.

Stalin and murderous Che for the win!!

phat repped this.
  2. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Russians feel that they had power during Soviet Union, bigger territory, summers at Baltic Sea, Black Sea. But only in territorial sense, they probably miss the Soviet Union. In sense of economic development, I doubt that they want to return in the past.

Taxi drivers liked Yugoslavia, because it was only one Taxi company, they could avoid to print the bills to the tourists, they could drive around and pretend that they must drive much longer. Tourists couldn't understand the Yugoslav currency; Dinar. Taxi driver can just say: 130 USD, 80 German Marks...no tax, money remains to him. Tourists could pay in dollars, marks, pounds, now money exchange. If tourists have Yugoslav dinar, waiters notice this so they say, I will help you and take the exact money...of course, they take much more. Currency had a lot of 00000. Pizza costed who knows how much, 250 millions of dinars, but this was maybe 80 USD.

Today, there are many taxi companies, no longer monopole, tourists demand printing the bills and state also wants to collect taxes, so they force taxi drivers to work more and earn less. Yugoslavia was a great for those who managed to hide money and represent different figures.

Bar waiters lived excellent in Yugoslavia. State hotels, state resorts, glass of whisky, 20 USD, customer gives the 20$, waiter keeps for himself, because the bills were made with the pencil.

People who worked in state companies, they read newspapers, went in bars, eat and drink on company account, they used company cars for their private purpose, enormous gas bills, car parts - company pays. When computers arrived in 80's, they mostly said: "I don't need that, why do I have to learn this, I have typing machine". Even today there are many bosses in Croatia who are today in their 50's and they don't know how to use MS Office, so people with more knowledge are subordinated to them. Because state companies protect workers. But many of them ended in privatised state companies in early 90's, they got dismissed in their 40's, too late for new career, so they ended in earlier pension, something that workers need to pay.

Bar waiters went home with a box of whisky, wine. They were drunk mostly, went home with taxi. Hotels, bars paid everything.

For them, it was better to work in that industry. Work less, earn more, hide money. It was nothing patriotic, only utilitarianism, benefits. Taxi driver would earn a lot of money just in 3-4 hours, he would be at home. Today they drive all night to earn 1000 USD per month. They need to buy better cars, because who will enter in one weak car.

Store workers, bar waiters, taxi drivers, workers of entire service industry lived well in Yugoslavia.

They didn't had large supermarkets, hypermarkets. They had small stores with pencil pen bills.:whistling: They would hide products if the price was too low, they would expose same products when price goes up.

People who worked in construction companies used materials for their own houses, for free or with large discounts. There are streets where one house owner made the same fences for all neighbours, they would pay him money, he would earn because he works in state company. No one observed anything, no surveillance.

Car parts were often bought in Austria, Italy. Store managers sold those parts as their own. Company pays, but he takes and sells "under the counter". He buys 100 clutch systems abroad, he sells 20 for the company, 80 for himself and he says: "All gone, must go abroad to buy more". Store manager was basically CEO, buyer, seller...

Someone who was involved in "gray economy", Yugoslavia served them well.
    Even today, they feel nostalgia for the system which provided such opportunities.

If you knew someone, you could apply for better universities, first job came after the university, if student starts to promote marxist theories, he would be very accepted, fake or sincere promotion, doesn't matter.

Northern Croatian wines are stronger than Southern. Mediterranean - Continental types of grape species. There are people who sell weaker wine with pumped prices. Remains of nostalgia.:rolleyes:

Today, store managers, meat shop managers, bread shop managers, bar waiters, don't live well. They end as season workers at coast or somewhere in continental parts. Working time 10-15 h for nothing. No permanent contracts, while Yugoslavia made permanent contracts and people worked 30-40 years in the same company, they would brought their children, relatives. No public competition. Illiterate, elementary school, high school, irrelevant. I know the story about one shoemaker who was a Head of Department in some warehouse. All day sitting and watching how others struggle.:rolleyes: He got free flat department, someone was removed.

When workers don't want to work, they see their doctor, invent some diagnosis and 2 weeks of resting arrives.

In all fields similar things happened. That's why Yugoslavia wasn't sustainable, if you add 3,4 countries without capacities and if two countries work for them, it can't work.

Yugoslavia could exist if people worked with ethics, business ethics, social responsibility, if they respected tax policies and return to the state exact amount of money. The same is today, who can hide money, he will hide it.

totti fan repped this.
  3. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    All systems have problems.
    Nationalists, patriots can only wear football jersey, talk about the religion, populism about the state greatness, talk about migrants who don't even want to live in the country. It all ends here, no solutions for higher GDP, lower inflation, more jobs, more flats, so that people don't have to rent departments, weaker medical care, universities, air pollution, ecological disasters. Almost, no one has answers about these fields.

Example: If I can produce better tennis ball, why someone needs to end my private initiative? If I sell that tennis ball abroad, why do I have to distribute my money to others? Why do I have to sit in a state company, work nothing, without any ambition and create smaller profit with some department members, who only have high school.

Yugoslav motto: "No one can pay me less, if I can work less".
    "Nitko mene ne moze toliko malo platiti koliko mogu malo raditi!".

So, workers decided what is their value and contribution. This quote exists in Google, if you type it and search it. This was the common belief of working forces.

One worker says: "Huh, I worked 2 hours, that's enough"...taking magazines, tabloids and read 6 hours.

People could exploit almost anything. Proof that no one had fear, respect for that state. Farmer would represent fake amount of apples, oranges, bananas and customers would pay more for lesser quantity. They would place those small weights just like chess figures.

Bills were made with indigo paper and pencil. How can anyone work trustworthy, for the state, for the company? You took frutti di mare in restaurant where I work, two beers, one Coca Cola, bottle of wine. I would give you the enlarged bill and I would gave to you the copy of that indigo paper bill and I would throw away my original bill of your dishes and products. You already gave me 200 - 300 $ for fish menu, drinks, sea fruits, and I keep the money. So, daily salary was often 200 - 300 $ for waiters. 30 days...a lot of money. Soon they open their hotels, private restaurants after 1990, bigger houses.

People still live those customs, because they bring benefits. They think if they study anything, that they will get the job. That's why they have tones of human science experts, theologians, marketing experts, etc. No one likes engineering, computer science. Easy road always.

4. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    The Caucasoid race is native to Europe and Central Asia.

5. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So using that logic you can't really be racist as an Italian towards Potugese people. But asserting that the Caucasoid race is superior to other races is a form of racism.

6. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Italian and Portuguese are sub-races, so one can be racist towards either.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ethnic racism?

8. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

He will never understand anything.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    His sock puppet game is an A+

Rosay repped this.
  10. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    All Southern Europeans belong to the same race: Caucasian and they are regarded as the Mediterranean subrace. At least, those people who wandered around that territory in the last millennium, or two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Portuguese and Italians are ethnic groups of the same Mediterranean subrace, both Caucasian, just like all others who have that sea exit.

"The postulated subraces vary depending on the author, including but not limited to Mediterranean, Atlantid, Nordic, East Baltic, Alpine, Dinaric, Turanid, Armenoid, Iranid, Arabid, and Hamitic."

They are all subraces of the same Caucasian race.

11. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    it's all bullshit concocted by losers with dead end jobs who can't get laid

12. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #1112 Gilbertsson, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    The main fact is, that several European countries dictate everything in Europe and often overseas: England, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria. The residents of all other European countries just try to enter in these countries, so that they could work and earn more.
    When they all arrive...they start to talk: "We this, we that, they don't understand us, we are special". Yes, they are special workers who mostly work jobs that original residents don't intend to work. The same is in USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa...we are special...but settlers of first generations barely speak English. They paint tunnels. In stores, you won't see the actual original workers, usually they are all from other migrant countries. Even in high end fashion stores, you won't see the local residents, mostly descendants of migrants, mostly from Asia. It's funny, when they all start to talk about patriotism, 1000 - 15000 km far from their countries. That's why Southern European countries often end as funny countries in states with stronger economies. Their job description is often very peculiar. Educated people handled well their migrant event and they work nice jobs, but many of them work difficult jobs, like: cutting concrete boards, construction, often in funny working uniforms: blue, yellow, filled with white paint, concrete stains. Someone who is authentic English, Swiss, Austrian, he doesn't care about someones speciality, they want that migrants work hard, nothing else.

During Australian Open in Melbourne, several Greek settlers came at press conference of Greek tennis player Tsitsipas. They gave to him directions of one Greek restaurant, taverna...he just looked at them..."Oh, ok...if you eat there for 20 years, than it means something...sure I will go there..."
    They convinced him how great there is...he just looked them...he probably meant: "I am every week in the new country...every month different continent, I don't care about restaurants..."
    In fact, his mother is Russian, so more reasons to look at them. Greeks brag that their capital city is English Melbourne...in the state called Victoria.:cool:

That's why this is all funny...why Melbourne has so many Greeks...? Not because spreading of their horizons. Southern Europe is beautiful because of food, landscapes, relaxed way of life...but that's all.

Patriots of Vancouver...so many of them...:rolleyes: Spreading horizons...:whistling: It's easy to be the patriot with 2500-3000 monthly salary, why don't they return back home. One of the key proofs that authentic patriotism or nationalism doesn't exist at all, only in empty, romantic words, without any sustainable argument. Vancouver is the name of one Dutch person: Van Couver, mostly English settlement, state called British Columbia, with Victoria as the capital city. A lot of Victoria names overseas.:D

By the way, congrats on Italian victory against Greece. Hard away adventure...:D Bosnia and Herzegovina collapsed in Finland.:rolleyes:

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm from Melbourne. there are more Italians than Greeks in Melbourne

14. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    A lot of Southern Europeans live there, but Greeks like to call Melbourne as their own capital outside of Greece. Plenty of new settlers in Sunshine, Ballarat, Geelong...

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not sure how true it is but now I’m reading that both DeRissi and Totti will be working directly with the FIGC to rebuild the national team program...

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What's the point of that? Mancini has done an excellent job thus far.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if it involves replacing Di Biagio in any capacity.. im all for it

Calcio Pauly and Rosay repped this.
  18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Di Biagio announced his departure.

Calcio Pauly, johnny6 and calabrese8 repped this.
  19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Saying he did a good job on the way out. If only they would allow tomatoes into the pressers these days.

20. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Conte played seven Italians for Inter vs Lecce yesterday. The future core of the Azzurri could be Interisti. :ROFLMAO:

totti fan and falvo repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a switch! Ironically, it was current CT, Roberto Mancini who started 11 different foreigners at Inter.

Inter-Lecce, le pagelle: Candreva rigenerato, Sensi e Lukaku subito in ...

22. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    who would have thought that 5 years ago

Rosay repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now Juve plays with two or 3 max.

totti fan repped this.
  24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I think that says more about the quality of players that we now produce than it does about Inter or Juve.
    There was a time that Juve could start seven Italians because all were world class.
    Juve are once again competing to be among the best clubs in the world. That only two or three Italians can start for Juve is a problem for the NT. I would argue that outside Verratti and possibly Chiesa in a couple years or so, I'm not sure any other Italian would get on the side--possibly an Italian RB because Juve's options are so weak at that position.

ArtemioD repped this.
  25. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Don't be surprised to see in the next few years an Italian NT with players scateered around different clubs maybe two guys from Juve 2 guys from Inter and maybe two guys playing from teams in EPL or La Liga