A Midsummer Night's Dream- Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Romfordray, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think that's how the Board or Wenger thinks about spending money: the mandate from Kroenke is probably something more like "Don't rock the boat." In other words, it's ok to spend money (see Ozil, Mesut) but it's not ok to take big risks (risks under 20m seem to be acceptable, such as Chambers and Welbeck). We only spend money on sure things - that's how the Board and Wenger are going about things.

2. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on...Sir No Goal and Theo need to go as well.

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods..... This Summer thread from last year is outdated, it should be closed and a new one created.
    Can you please help? We will need a new thread to spend our time speculating on
    the next Kalou's, M'Vila's, Scott Dan's and Christopher Sambas! :cool:

4. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    The probably accuracy of this post is really depressing.

MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Iwobi?

Edit: The one thing I think may tilt a bit in our favor will be the inclinations of Ozil and/or Sanchez. With Arsenal now embedded in the market for even just some of those types of players I'm sure Wenger will hear their wishes and understand how their comments (public and private) can influence potential targets. In other words, Wenger won't want to completely peeve off decent players to foster an image that Arsenal has no ambition, etc etc etc. So I doubt very much they'd sell Giroud and rely solely on the names you've mentioned to be on the receiving ends of Ozil's passes, unless of course they have no interest in keeping or properly replacing him, either.