A message to Miami FC front office

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by KWorld, Apr 9, 2007.

1. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    Obviously there's a lot of people in here with some damaged brain cells so I won't waste my time talking back to those individuals with the damaged brain cells because they're not going to get my point due to their damaged brains. But I would say few things for the last time to make it clear for other people:

I busted my ass last year trying to promote the team and I also invited few people from my job to go watch a game last year and when Monday came, people were laughing at me for inviting them to see such a team. When I freaking try to contact the front office of Miami FC asking them questions and when I contact them to suggest few things to promote the team and I get no response that tells me enough. River, if you want to be excited because they sent you a free ball, then get a life and then come back and talk soccer. I sent them so many emails with great ideas to promote the team and I got no response back. I'm a marketing manager for leading vitamin company with a sports management degree so I'm pretty sure my emails made some sense and weren't sent from a kid down the block for them not to reply back and take the fans' emails seriously. I'm not the only one who his emails didn't get a response back, I know at least 6 other people who complained about the same issue. Bottom line: I love the beautiful game but I'm not going to watch any type of soccer just because I love the game and I'm not going to support a team that doesn't really care about me and my views. I think that's fair enough.

2. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your wrong and you were obviously barking up the wrong tree last year or your timing was way off, I have no way of knowing.

You were embarrassed to bring your friends out to the game?
    How sad is that? Sounds like you need to look at your life and see who your freinds really are.

End of discussion let's agree to disagree.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MOD NOTE

Enough with the back-and-forth ranting.

If you guys want to mock each other, please your personal emails.

I will use my mod stick from here on out (read: delete posts).

--------------------------------------------------------------
    KWorld, who exactly did you contact at MFC? I've always gotten responses to my questions and I am in no way as useful to them as river as been.

4. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that were true I would agree, however that's just noise by some dis-enchanted person. The fact is that TRAFFIC owns the team. Traffic is one of the largest promoters of soccer events in the world including the coveted America Cup. Obviously, if they didn't know what they were doing they would not be where they are today.

Their goal has been clear from the get go. They wanted to start a grass roots organization in the USL League and in Miami. Not Broward, not Palm Beach County. The team will be in Miami and will stay in Miami (forever). Everything that I have seen them do so far has pointed towards that goal.
    They have been giving away tickets left and right. All soccer players that play in a league get in free to ALL the games. They have all sorts of other promotion and community outreach programs going on. This is just their 2nd season.
    Do you think that ticket sales only is paying for this team to be here? I don't think so, I think its Traffic. I'm not saying the team doesn’t need supporters it does. The more supporters there are the more that will come back to the community.

If someone is upset because this team/club are not as they want it to be then they are delusional and not listening to what the real goals are.

5. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry Soccer Prime I thought both of us were being amicable. I took no offense any of the negative posts.

I too would like to know who he has contacted and what ideas he proposed.
    If you tell someone about a great idea and the marketing budget for that year is already gone. Then guess what? (I'm not a marketing person, I have no clue but) it would seem as though one would need to find other avenues for funding or place that request on queue.

6. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home

info@miamifc.com

7. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently this forum has been hijacked by the organization's apologists and anyone that does'nt want to paint a rosy picture about whats not going on gets the equivalent of being shouted down; called a noise maker, delusional and accused of whining. All this while ignoring and denying that there are serious questions about how this club is "being run" and I use this term advisedly.

There is one poster who is very strident about his opinions here, but it does'nt alter the fact that other posters have also brought up the same questions without the same vitriol.

The posters in this forum I can safely assume all love the sport otherwise they would'nt be here. The onus is being solely placed on the posters with the trite "go to the game ppl" and nothing is said about the organization's responsibility to the fan, to the club and to the survival and viability of the sport here in Florida.

There is no interest in dialogue here. I stand by all my posts in this forum but have realized that Miami FC and I are not a good fit. Have a nice day.

8. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox cc: KWorld:

Guys!

Instead of name calling and being negative. Why don't you just ask for what your looking for and see if we (MIaimiFC Supporters) can help. After all we are not apologist but members of the MiamiFC Supporters group aka Fans. One of the things we can do for you, if you ask nicely, is provide translation for you. It is pretty obvious to me that you did not get your point across to the team with regard to your camp requirments and if you did, you did not like their answer and so now you are an a negative campaign against the team.

According to my sources.
    Someone from the club did speak with you on the phone about your request for the summer camp and explained to you that playing a game in middle of day and in the midddle of the summer would not be possible due to scheduling conflicts with the league (and approval) also because it’s too hot to have a soccer game playing during the summer, in Miami, at 12 noon.They suggested to you that perhaps they can do other kinds of activities with his kids, but a game starting at that time is tough on the players and the crowd.

If we can help, let us know. If we can't and you feel I highjacked this thread. Well, its your loss.

9. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI

Miami FC signs jersey sponsorship deal with GolTV

Miami, May 3rd, 2007 - Miami FC, Florida’s only professional soccer team, announced today a comprehensive

partnership with GolTV which features the GolTV brand on the front of the jersey. This sponsorship makes GolTV,

the sole bilingual soccer-only network in the US, one of the most important partners of Miami FC.

The deal, which is effective immediately, kicks off officially during Miami FC’s encounter with the Montreal Impact this

Saturday, May 5, 2007 at 8:00pm at Tropical Park Stadium.

The agreement with GolTV includes marketing, hospitality and community outreach components. From a

marketing standpoint, GolTV will receive prominent branding on the front of the official playing jersey, branding

on field-boards at all Miami FC home matches, advertisements in all Miami FC home game-day programs and

opportunities to conduct promotions and shows at Miami FC’s home – Tropical Park Stadium. GolTV will also be

entertaining clients, employees and other guests with tickets and field-side VIP cabanas at all Miami FC home

matches. And from a community outreach perspective, GolTV will support the club’s activities throughout South

Florida and beyond, including special events, visits to schools, clubs and hospitals, autograph/photo sessions,

summer camps, soccer clinics and much more.

“We are very excited to welcome GolTV as our first jersey sponsor. As a fellow Miami corporate citizen and

one of the most important soccer television networks in the world, this relationship is a perfect match.” said Miami

FC’s President Aaron Davidson. “This jersey sponsorship continues a long-standing tradition of USL First

Division professional soccer teams offering companies the uniquely impactful opportunity to promote their

brands on team uniforms. And with Miami FC and GolTV sharing the same target audience - the soccer fan –

this sponsorship is as on point and effective as possible.”

“Our agreement with Miami FC illustrates our continued commitment to the growth of soccer in the U.S. and quality

teams like Miami FC, which contribute to the sport in countless ways. This deal also offers us a unique opportunity

to extend the reach we already have by engaging the soccer fan on the ground and allowing us to be actively involved

in other activities that reach out to the community,” said Rodrigo Lombello, COO GolTV.

The partnership with Miami FC proves that GolTV is very much in tune with the growth of soccer in the U.S. (both

televised and on the ground), where about 5 million games are played a year and an estimated 18 million Americans

are on an organized youth or adult soccer team – only basketball has more active participants.

"Miami FC has players literally from all over the planet: Morocco, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Haiti, Jamaica, Honduras,

and the US - specifically Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New York - making the team one of the most diverse

professional sports teams in the world,” commented Enrique Sanz de Santamaria, Vice President of Traffic Sports,

owner of Miami FC. “Our association with GolTV, therefore, is a natural one, since GolTV is also an international

channel, focused on promoting soccer in each and every market it reaches now and will reach in the future. We trust our

partnership with GolTV will help our efforts to build Miami FC’s brand both in the US and around the world”.

GolTV joins Miami FC’s growing family of corporate partners: Joma Sports, Marriott Miami Airport, Mercy Hospital,

La Cascarita, BKTT Tours, Soccer Locker and MouseMedia

10. Stuart

Stuart New Member

Oct 13, 2001
    Miami
    I think the connection with GolTV is very positive (as was getting a shhirt sponsor). Remember that Ray Hudson started his Fusion career by broadcasting their games, could the same happen again now that he broadcasts for GolTV :)

Regarding the non-response to emails. I wonder if this could be ISP "spam blocking"? For example, I have signed up for news at MiamiFC, but never receive anything, but others using different ISPs get theirs. I use AOL and they are notorious for blocking email. Just a thought...

11. masnegroquenegro

masnegroquenegro New Member

May 16, 2007
    Let's all put our money where are mouths are at and go to the Orange Bowl this Friday night to support our Miami FC. The team is obviously struggling but it's our team and if we don't support them who will? I'd rather have a professional soccer team here in Miami than not have a team at all.

I'll be at the Orange Bowl Friday night. In fact I go to every single game. I'm pretty sure most of the posters/whiners here do not.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    masnegroquenegro, its great that you have discovered BS and are a big "fan" of the team, but calling out detractors as whiners and cowards isn't the best way to motivate people, especially when your a n00b here.

Keep on posting, but tone the rhetoric down.

Thanks

13. masnegroquenegro

masnegroquenegro New Member

May 16, 2007
    Understood SoccerPrime and I apologize if my comments were a bit too harsh. Please understand that the only thing I want is for this professional soccer team to do well and for soccer to flourish here in Miami. I definitely don't want to see the franchise move elsewhere or disappear altogether and it really depends on us, Miami's community, to make sure that does not happen. So let's get out to the Orange Bowl this Friday and Sunday and support "our team".

14. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Busted. You obviously work for the club if you have this "insider" information about private emails that someone else sent the club.

15. Newtbomb

Newtbomb Member

Mar 24, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And you obviously are just strolling through our forum or you'd know that river started taking pictures last year as a fan and is heavily involved in the supporters club websites.

I'll gladly come to river's defense here...

Due to his consistent promotion and quality work, his personal photos have begun to appear on "official" websites and he has had some contact with team employees. I suspect this is where he got his info. He has media credentials. He does NOT work for the team (and "No", I don't either).

Respect for river :cool:

16. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Yep, you caught me-I'm just strolling through your forum (it is on a public board after all) checking out what is new in Miami land. I might be a little off in my comment, but not terribly far off. He does have an involvement with the club which does seem to make him overly defensive of any criticism that people may have of the club.

I have been reading some other threads and I am convinced that masnegroquenegro must be working for the club, hence his recent comments in a few threads here referring to others here who might not have all positive things to say about Miami as being cowards and not real fans. I think thats why a certain moderator made his comment a little earlier in this thread.

17. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers

...uh...no.

18. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just for the record!
    NO,
    I do not work for the club nor do I work for MLS or USL.

I am a supporter. I've been trying to get you ex-fusion fans that were abandoned by the MLS to come out to the park and enjoy some great soccer. For those that have not been able to come out to the games and for families that are far away and can't see their boys play I've been posting pictures online since the 1st game. Everyone I know of has been thankful for this and I have continued to provide this service.
    I don't get 1 dime for what I do. It's all Pro-Bono because I want to support the effort to evolve and keep soccer down here.

I’m sorry that some people you feel it’s a negative thing to support soccer in South Florida. I know its not everyone and I have no intetion of converting everyone.

With regard to my comment about the languages in South Florida; it is what it is. If you only know 1 language down here then you are missing at least 50% of what goes on in South Florida. Whether you agree or not, it's a whole total different discussion and I'll leave that to our legislators to resolve.
    I'll just stick with soccer, thank you!

19. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moderator probally made those comment to that person because they were a new noobie! You think? Could it be that simple?

It's ok to have difference of opinions. That's what this board is about.
    It's just not ok to use adjectives that are not appropriate to get you point accross of to demean someone because they don't agree with what you say.

In cases like this its best to agree to disagree and just move along.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool, I have lots of emails from the team, and even PRIVATE emails directly to me. Does that mean I work for the team too?

Where is my paycheck? :rolleyes:

21. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Quite frankly, the beginning of your response was too disorganized for me to respond to so I'll just say this....

I had season tickets for the Fusion (my father and I, Im currently 21) for their first two season before they became too expensive for us.

I live in Coral Springs (when Im not at school in Orlando), going down to Tropical Park isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to do. I played there a few times in HS and club growing up its quite the trek especially compared to Lockhart (R.I.P- unless someone wants to make my day and show me news about the stadium not being torn down).

I spent plenty of money with the Fusion and Id be willing to spend it when possible with Miami FC if I felt the least bit invited. Your "everyone in South Florida is bilingual" comment is the problem dead on for Miami FC. From what I've seen they expect to make a profit with just the Miami populous and its clear thats not enough. Theres plenty of money to be made from Broward and potentially even Palm Beach, but they appear to have no interest in attempting to generate revenue from the area.

Granted they're limited in their ability due to their playing all the way down in Tropical Park, but at least show an effort. Fine, 50% of South Florida is hispanic, or at least understand the language...Im well aware of the latin influence. But limiting your audience is just assanine and a horrible business plan. If you're getting less than 1000 from that 50%, isn't it time to try to see what the other 50% can give you?

Now Im about to walk out to my building's lounge to watch FSC on digital cable for my first viewing of a Miami FC game....if I wasn't I may be able to go on with this a little better.

I may go down for an Open Cup game or a playoff game if I was interested enough, but at this point I don't have much of a desire to be excluded or disenfranchised (for lack of a better word at the moment) because I don't speak spanish.

22. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Would this be the proper thread to complain about the sound played over the PA system every five or six minutes in this game I'm watching on FSC? Sounds like Harry Belafonte being strangled. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, certainly not a great guy like Harry.

What's the deal with that?

23. MiamiCanes69

MiamiCanes69 New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    yes.

24. canesfan00

canesfan00 New Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Miami
    Sounds like a typical South Florida fan to me, jumping on the bandwagon when the team is winning. I find it funny that fans down here, regardless of the sport, always make excuses as to why they don't show support for their teams. If your a fan of any sport you should support the sport first and foremost, teams, players, and everything else are just a bonus for the fans.

I know that the language barrier may be a challenge for some people, but may I remind you that this is the world's most popular sport and you really don't need someone to explain to you what is going on. I'm capable of distinguishing the two teams thanks to their kits being different colors and all I need to observe is which team can put the ball the most times through a goal, not too complicated.

With all that said, I know that some people may get offended, but don't be. I'm just speaking the truth about most of the fans down here and their lack of support for most South Florida teams. If anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon later on in the campaign I welcome them, because I would rather have bandwagon fans then no fans here at all, like our previous soccer club Miami Fusion. Just go down there, watch a game, and just enjoy the fact that we have a sport to talk about in this city, unlike many cities that wish that they could be in our position. It could be worse, we could be in Idaho.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A message to Miami FC front office:
    Now that he has scored his 1000th, sign Romario again!:)