A message to Miami FC front office

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by KWorld, Apr 9, 2007.

1. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    If you are not going to change your stratagies, then quit your team and stop losing money. You have no intentions to reach out to the American soccer fan and your club is just so not friendly with the fans. You don't even make any effort to reach out to the community (especially Americans). Just give up and pack your stuff if that's how you are going to handle the club and the fans.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harsh.

Have you been to any scrimmages this last few weeks?

3. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    I won't go to any games unless they're playing a good team that I'm interested in watching. I went to few games last season and I felt I was in a central American country. No body speaks English and the club doesn't care about reaching out to the non-hispanic community. People send them emails and they don't reply back. That's how friendly they're. It's not like they're Man U receiving thousands of emails a day.

4. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but with a USL budget, they might be three people in a trailer with dial-up. WHICH, for the record, was pretty much the Galaxy for a few years.

5. NativeGuy

NativeGuy New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    The Magic City
    Bienvenidos a Miami.

Seriously, did you just move here yesterday? Even in politics every other ethnic community takes a backseat to the Central and South Americans in this little banana republic we call home. Why would you expect the USL team to operate any differently? However, I do agree with you that if Miami FC doesn't start to broaden its marketing soon, their tenure will be short lived. I am actively involved in youth soccer in south Florida, and I can tell you that there are a great many potential Miami FC fans here, and not all of them speak with a spanish accent. I guess the mistakes of the Fusion are not so readily apparent to the Miami FC office.

6. The Fox

The Fox Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Traffic Sports is missing the boat here and sadly Miami FC will suffer the same fate as the Fusion, Strikers, Mutiny, Rowdies, Gatos, etc, etc. My interest in soccer/futbol was kindled by this past world cup; if it were'nt for my interest I would be totally unaware that there is professional soccer in Florida. Traffic Sports has to be proactive in promoting Miami FC; radio spots, TV, newspapers, caravans instead of relying on word of mouth.

Traffic Sports is supposed to be big time. I find it hard to believe. The Charleston Battery is a first class operation but it has been around for a while so a fair comparison might be the Carolina RailHawks. In the first year of existence they have a real stadium, a great updated website, media coverage and community outreach to english and spanish speakers and have caused a buzz in their region and the USL. Meanwhile I find myself hard pressed to find any tidbit of news regarding MFC and the news I find on the web is woefully outdated and everything else is rumor, gossip or hearsay.

I want to support MFC as it is the "local" team (just a 5 hour drive:eek: ). I'm going to spend my beer money on the USL webcast for the season and I would love to purchase a Miami FC jersey but the MFC website's on-line store is a big blank.

Is Traffic Sports here for the long haul or are they just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle? Because if they are hoping for the latter then that definitely is small time. I'm also what might be considered their target demographic, American, 2nd generation Puerto Rican ancestry but my spanish is very rusty.

Here's hoping for big time soccer here in Florida:) .

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you judge the team this year based on probs you encountered last year, during their first, startup year? You said for youself that you hadn't gone to any games this year. They just played several MLS teams, for free, and you didn't go...why?

And seriously, the club has always answered my questions whenever I have called or emailed them. Maybe you guys just have the wrong number.

Try this for a contact:

Marcos Ommati
    Media and Public Relations Manager
    Miami F.C. & Traffic Sports USA
    501 Brickell Key Drive, Suite 407
    Miami, FL 33131
    (305) 377-2700 (general)
    (305) 728-2623 (direct)
    marcos@miamifc.com
    www.miamifc.com
    www.traffic.com.br

8. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    All we are asking for is for them to be friendly and motivated to reach out the soccer community, not the Hispanic community only, I want all communities who are into soccer.

Since last year was their first year in the league that should've been an opportunity for them to do their best to promote the team. I use to drive a full hour to go and watch them last year but I wasn't satisfied with my experience: too many terrible players and very boring atmosphere. The Fusion were very friendly with their fans, their players made us feel part of their team. They were SUPER friendly with the fans and that's what made me and many other people to start following the MLS and the Fusion.

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too many terrible players?
    Like Zinho and Romario?

Are we in a alternate dimension here?

10. Fusion Logix

Fusion Logix New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Miami,Fl
    My only problem with the organization is that they need to promote the team more via television,radio,newspaper

Went to a couple of games last year,and the team played well so thats definetly not the problem. With regards to romario i felt he was slow and dragged the attack. Zinho however hustled more and still can play.

11. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home

How many games you watched for them last year? Did you see the rest of the players? Put Zinho and Romario on the side, did you see the rest? If you didn't then you shouldn't be defending them. Even Romario was a waste of money last year although he scored 18 goals. If he had a little bit of energy, he could've scored at least 35 goals with all the chances he got and didn't run for them. The whole team was aiming for him and he didn't feel running for the passes they sent his way.

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are we talking about the same first year team that had the highest goal scorer for the league and made the playoffs their first year?

Listen, its not my objective to debate you on this. I guess what I am getting at is, give them another chance. Its the best Florida's got for now.

13. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    uhm....although he scored 18 goals? Are you still arguing against him? :confused:

14. KWorld

KWorld Red Card

Mar 15, 2006
    At Home
    Considering he's one of the greatest forwards to ever play the game, 18 goals isn't that much in a league like the A-League.

15. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    He is also freakin 40. 18 goals is good production. I don't think the team was full of crap players. I really liked their attacking play. They tried to play and not just punt the ball up field. I enjoyed every game I went to last year.

I agree with you that the management really needs to promote their team more. I have not seen or heard anything about this season, the team, or the players which has been disappointing.

16. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, this is the most friendly and out reaching soccer club I have ever come in contact with. At the end of last season the president of the club sent me a letter thanking me for being a season ticket holder. I also received a #5 ball signed by all the players and a# 10 home team jersey signed by Zihno and Romario.

Whenever, I have sent a request or inquiry to anything I've always received a response. So I don't understand where the negativity is coming from.

Traffic Sports is HUGE and MiamiFC is here to stay for a long time.

Get involved you you we see for yourself!

17. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, this is the most friendly and out reaching soccer club I have ever come in contact with. At the end of last season the president of the club sent me a letter thanking me for being a season ticket holder. I also received a #5 ball signed by all the players and a# 10 home team jersey signed by Zihno and Romario.

Whenever, I have sent a request or inquiry to anything I've always received a response. So I don't understand where the negativity is coming from.

Traffic Sports is HUGE and MiamiFC is here to stay for a long time.

Get involved you will see for yourself!

18. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This year the team is FAST, the pace is FAST, I counted 22 touches before the ball was played into the goal. It a beautiful game come on out and watch it.

As for radio: Cascarita has been runnig a radio show on Saturdays from 2 to 6 pm for the last 3 weeks. on AM 1360 dedicated to MIAMIFC. Call in and speak your mind.

Don't be afraid to speak English because it's a Spanish sounding show.
    We live in Florida everybody is bi-lingual and understands both languages or more. Get involved!

19. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much difference between USL Division 1 and MLS when it come to quality of players in their respective teams. Sure each team will have their SuperStar. But, On any given day either team could win. Both are eligeble to compete in the America Cup. Bottom line is $$$$. Does MLS have more money then USL? Maybe some teams. Yes! Is MLS a better run organization then USL? Questionable, depending on who you ask! Has the MLS been in existence longer then the USL? NO!

Do professional players care more about playing in the MLS or getting paid more money for their talents? I think if you took a pole you would find that they do not care whom they play for as long as the $$$ represent their value. Be it MLS or USL.

So your argument that Romario only scored 18 goals in the USL last season implies that he would not have done better in the MLS or elsewhere.

I disagree! The USL is NOT a Cherry Tree for Cherry Pickers and the league is attracting better players all the time. Patience.

20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Vic, but there is no way in the world Romario would have scored 18 last year with the Red Bulls (the MLS team that was reportedly hunting him).

Jeff Cunningham of RSL had the Golden Boot and he only scored 16.

21. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh well! I guess we'll never know. He only needs 1 more and he'll be playing foot volley on the beach for the rest of his days.

The point I was making is that USL and MLS are not that far apart as many would like to believe.

22. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Many coaches, including our own, are saying the USL-1 is getting more and more competitive each year, is MLS also, of course probably. But the USL is not a minor league anymore, it is slowly crawling out of its minor league shell.

I really want to see Miami do well off the field in terms of its fanbase. It seems this year so far they are down a bit (second year syndrome), however they can rebound still. I think bringing in clubs from Latin America for friendlies is the way to go in building a fanbase, good move by the FO on the at one.

23. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This year so far they've had 1 league game and there were torrential downpours all day up to the minute the game started. Yes! We need attendance! FYI they opened up a fantastic Brasilian restaraunt right across the street from Tropical Park. Go out and have a great dinner and enjoy the game afterwards or vise versa.

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    river, have you ever spoken to the FO about having a booth for supporters before the game?

25. river

river Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Cooper City
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What kind of booth? We already have Stuart.