a Message for USWNT from All fans

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by lasoccervegas2002, May 20, 2003.

1. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    Please to play carefuly during this four months period prior to World cup, we know club is important but, WC is waaay more important.

2. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yes thats a true thought. But if a player is going to get injured, its going to happened regardless where they are, even if they are even playing soccer. You could be walking down the street or to your car, or even getting up in the middle of the night to reach and turn off the overhead fan(one of my teammates), and tear an ACL or anything. Accidents are going to happen and yes, it sucks, but im sure the girls are treating there bodies very well as they have been for years. You just never know.
    PS - excuse the wording on this post..lol i couldnt figure out a way to get it out

3. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should stay away from cars and farm implements for the next 4 months. Also avoid the bathroom and kitchen if possible, as they are the most dangerous rooms in the house.

4. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    Make sense but, you know they need to play with clear minds like if there's the ball that nearly impossible to reach, just give it up and running with the right step and balance will help as well.

5. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet

kitchen is the most wonderful place in my house and smells great too.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darn, I was all set to sign up until I realized it said "Message for USWNT" and not "Massage for USWNT".

7. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One of the easiest ways to get injured is to try to not get injured.

Throughout sports world wide more serious injuries happed when one or the other player is trying to avoid injury or take it easy than when both are going full out trying to win the ball/puck/point/game.

Players are best served by just ]playing to the best of their abilities.

One thing that should be avoided is playing against poorly skilled teams/players as the lack of skill causes a change in playing style that could contribute to injury. This is something that will not be a problem in the WUSA.

Players should just play as always BUT they should take measures to be sure that minor injuries do not become major.

This is the REAL problem with the WUSA as the roster sizes are too small to allow much in the way of rest when needed. It will not be unexpected when we have several players with nagging injuries have those injuries worsen because teams play them when they should rest.

Friendlies for national sides will contribute to this. NO player, except keepers, should play more than 90 minutes in any 72 hour period. The body takes time to recover.

If players do play too quickly then we will see increased injuries AND many National teams could be without top players.

The responsibility for this lies with the National teams and the club teams, the players will always say they can go and that they want to play.

Teams and fans must accept that some players will not be playing in some games if we wish to keep injuries down.

8. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    i think there's a tongue in cheek nature of this thread....

..and in that spirit, woman, please stay away from your boyfriends, husband, or significant other over the remaining summer months...

unintended injury frequently occurs due to inadvertent sudden movements...

and old school sport psycologists will maintain unaddressed libido has a beneficial competitive response in the sporting arena...

so look for every edge, where you can get it...

it may mean the difference between winning or losing.

9. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    That line was exactly what I was trying to get across. Thanks FoF :)

10. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    An underfed and unwashed National Team...

...could say more, but I don't want to go there.

11. outsidehitter

outsidehitter New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Yup, if it looks too far away, they just shouldn't even bother going for it. Slide-tackling is out too, I guess.

12. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet

i've watched Mac Millan done all these things, everytime the game's over her shirt so dirty, she is a hardworker on the pitch.

13. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Things to avoid

Stairs, doors, and bicycles.

Also skydiving.

And risky $ex with strangers.

I guess they will be handing out dull knives at the training table the next few weeks, eh?

14. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    WUSA should issue each player a bulletproof vest. You never know when a stray bullet might hit a player.

Players should cover themselves in bubblewrap. It will protect them against impact and their children can enjoy popping the bubbles.

If possible, top players should amputate their limbs and preserve them cryogenically until the WWC, and hope that there is technology for re-attaching them by then. This way, they will not have to worry about pulling a ligament or breaking bones.

15. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    Re: Things to avoid

use condom always.....

16. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    ...don't go to chinese town/restaurant or to Toronto

17. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Bubblewrap? LMAO!

18. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Most accidents occur in the home, so none of them should go home for the next 4 months.

19. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could get hurt travelling home.
    They should just stay put where they are.

20. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet

..but NOT under the coconut trees, if they have to, wear a helmet

21. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    All the nat team members don't play soccer at all 'till the first match of the WC, treat the early matches as practices than get serious when we get to the final.

22. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Please take it easy. dont run too hard. Dont jump high. Dont kick the ball hard. Dont challenge for headers. Wait, that's the way chick soccer is played anyway...

23. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    So in other words, avoid being match fit. That way, they can get injured during the WWC, not before. That's much better.

24. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    that's not true, they play hard and fast soccer mostly in a good pace and high skill and scores lots of beautiful goals and a lot of cute girls too especialy the youth who just came out of college

25. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, right.