A major/important Stadium announment will be aired this Friday.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it better host USOC matches. I don't think RB should ever play a home match away from it once it opens. Of course, RB might actually have to win a USOC match once in a while to get a home game, but that's besides the point.

I think it's good news for soccer in New York Region. Now just get the damn thing built.

2. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Damn straight. I want this stadim built as badly as all of us do.

3. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Elimination of the Stage Area, the stadium capacity should go up to around 30,000 instead of 25,000 as originally planned.

4. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Henry gone and now LJundberg to West Ham; Aresenal will be more like lower table..:D :) ...Anyway back on topic...they should fire the construction crew now and replace them with the one that workded on the Salzburg stadium.

5. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    If the buyout is true, the other reason this would be a positive is that it will almost ensure that this will be a grass field.

Sakiewicz & Co. made comments two years ago that it would be a grass field and not artificial. Recently, from interviews I've read, they have backed-off those statments because they know from seeing stadiums like the Home Depot Center after holding these concerts, that these fields can't handle the poundage, etc.

Would be nice if they could increase seating to 45K and make it a BETTER alternative for international teams to go there for summer exhibition tours rather than Giants Stadium. I don't think a 25K seater does it.

6. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I think the last thing we need is new digs with low demand. Its the empty seats that have been such a drag on the scene. :cool: Yikes, I'm sounding like a hippy who just got busted on Dragnet.

I think it would be foolish to make it more than 25-30K. And that's more than enough to create a great atmosphere.

There can't be room for walk-ups or seat shifters.

p.s. And you Chelski and ManUre lovers out there: how many wins did you guys get against the Gunners last year? Titi & Freddy needed to move on; we'll be fine, thanks. Your clubs have been over to the States enough now to have filled their bandwagons. A trip over from the Arsenal to open RBP would be a true event - the beautiful game played as it should be where it should be.

7. I am Joe²

I am Joe² New Member

Jan 10, 2001
    Jersey
    Why would you want it to be 45k seats? It will be the exact situation we're in now. Keep it at 25k with the option to expand later on like they are doing in Salzburg.

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup - until we can show that we can fill up even a 25k stadium consistently why build for even 35k. You can always leave room for expansion

9. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    Dear fans

When I decided to open this thread, my main idea was to inform you about this big announment to be aired not later than Friday according to "Solo Futbol" radio talk show and the official Spanish radio talk show of the New York Redbulls. I've never intended to play games and make silly jokes or make up stories. I'm more than dissapointed with some of you here, ( we know who they are) who are making up their on stories, including making false "quotes" by the AP agency or something like that with an inflated date (07-27-2007). This is the reason why threads get closed or lose its focus. For some of you, joking is a way of life, a way to misinformed to public. Let's grow up and stop acting like a 5 year old.

10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    How many NJ construction workers does it take to build a stadium? 60-90 days.

11. FCDallasDynamo

FCDallasDynamo New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Maui,Hi
    Can anyone familiar with the area guess wat possible location it could be

12. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's already being built in Harrison, New Jersey. Well, sorta...

13. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Given you are pimping your for-profit media company, you can't take a little joking around (is it just about the mon-ey? You guys never joke on the air? Be glad that folks actually visited your thread, and ease up....after all, you are in the entertainment biz, not accounting.

14. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    dont you guys thinkg that Red Bulls wants to buy out AEG to own the team entirley and profit from it much better. And i think they will keep it much more football oriented than AEG..all in all, good news for everyone. but lets wait till friday until we can celebrate.

15. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    relax...the post with an inflated date(07-27-2007) was an obvious joke, nobody here is misinformed.

16. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There likely will be some seat shifters anyway. Not that I expect that we'll hit it, but Red Bull may cap season tickets at 70% of capacity so that there will be single game tickets available, like Toronto did.

17. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
  18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I never really cared what the stadium looked like, so long as the stadium is easily accessible and isn't as cavernous as Giants Stadium. I just want it up and built, and it sounds like this sale will complicate things and push the date back even further.

19. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could the announcement be about major changes to the stadium design? It may cause more delays to the opening date, but the fan will love the new changes to the stadium...they are getting full control of the stadium from AEG!

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...delayed_start_on_bulls_park_a_real_waste.html
    http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcxNzMyNjcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

20. Juan Luis Guerra

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City

I support Redbulls for refusing to build a stage to facility concerts and other events. This will be a real state of the art SSS. In fact, today i will buy a red bull to celebrate the purchase and the decision no to build the stage.

thanks

21. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    So far Red Bull has stood up to NJSEA and (if the rumours are true) now AEG. I'm very pleased with RBFO. Despite the claims that they are only out to promote the energy drink, they are consistently showing they are willing and able to go the extra step to do things right for the sport and the core support.

22. jbeall

jbeall New Member

Jan 18, 2002
    NJ by way of GA

You should probably stock up. If Red Bull needs revenue to finish the stadium, I'm sure the already-overpriced cans of Red Bull will climb to well over $2!!!!

I'd buy a can of Red Bull in support, but I don't know whom I'd give it to, as none of my friends like it either.

23. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    well if you want you could buy me one:p :D

24. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    but one thing i dont get is

how does the stadium plan effect the way we clean up the area

do we need a stadium plan to cleen up all that rubble and shizz on the ground

i think not, that is one thing the erks me, but VIVA LA RED BULL, and im going to buy a 24 pack of red bull now to celebrate, cant wait for that beautiful stadium to open

25. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    Of course you could be right but I read it (and, of course, assuming this is accurate) exactly the opposite way.

What had been holding up construction could easily have been disagreements between the parties. Those obstacles will have been removed; further, this would indicate that Red Bull is confident in its MLS investment and not looking to sell the club.

Frankly, I'll be happy to hear it (but what do I know :) ?).

=NLK=