A major/important Stadium announment will be aired this Friday.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it probably is a wash, but I'm more than willing to look at the bright side, and view things from a long term perspective. and long term perspective is, we're getting a state-of-the art, European-style soccer stadium. not an AEG sound-stage concert venue. i've been rooting for Red Bull to step up and purchase the whole product since they bought the team. to me it just makes sense.

2. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Is Ives using Wandering Soccerdog's talking points? The idea that RB would want the whole pie in Harrison doesn't imply they are planning on leaving the table.

If at long last all ties to AEG can finally be broken...sweet!

3. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Yeah I just wish they could have sorted this out sooner.

4. ag nigrin

ag nigrin Member

Mar 4, 2002
    NJ, USA
  5. Jay Goppingen

Jay Goppingen Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Teh internets
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, partnered with AEG and featuring a concert and soccer specific stadium.

6. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that RBP stadium will be a GIANT advertisement for Red Bull. they'll host high profile international friendlies, and they'll host high profile clubs (Chelsea, Barca, etc) on their US tours. all the while these AP/Reuters photos for the games will be beamed all over the world. I.E. Michael Ballack dribbling around a defender with a giant Red Bull logo in the background. Red Bull is not bailing on this opportunity, trust me.

not to mention the visibility they'll get from bringing in Ronaldo or Ronaldinho for MLS when the stadium opens.

7. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We might have soccer 365 days a year. I could adjust to that.

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ives and Big Apple, no offense, but Zeus called it first, and hands down, best!

9. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I ridiculed this post this morning. I take it back now.

10. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Say again.....

11. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    And all that writing was done Friday 27 of July, four days ahead from today....

12. Morpheus1271

Morpheus1271 Member

May 30, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    AMEN TO THAT!!! Long Island, or at the very least, Queens would be fantastic.

13. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://njmg.typepad.com/sbi/2007/07/red-bull-stadiu.html#more

"Is this good news for Red Bulls fans? It is good news in the sense that Red Bull is showing its seriousness about its investment. It could also lead to Red Bull pulling out all the stops to have the stadium ready for next season.

It should also be noted that not having AEG pimping out the field to any event with money to burn should help the quality of the field. I have seen far too often how badly beat up the fields at Home Depot and Toyota Park can be thanks to the neverending stream of events that take place there. Not having a stage take up one end of the stadium will also be good (though I seem to remember there being something in the stadium's design to minimize that anyway.)

The deal could be bad news if Red Bull struggles to complete construction, with more delays still a possibility. It should also be noted that part of the appeal in owning Red Bull Park is that it would make selling the club an easier proposition in the future. Does this mean Red Bull is selling anytime soon? No, but the value of owning the entire project goes beyond the amount they will have paid for it and it makes the club price significantly higher."

well, what can one say? Not terrible, not excellent....
    One could say "AEG has much more experience managing SSSs" but they´ve yet to convincingly -or consistently- bring big crowds to many markets when they´ve had the chance...

I hope the stadium is built faster now.... and maybe we can watch the MLS Cup here soon, plus Confederations Cup in 09 from the comfort of RB Park.....(i mean, just ´cause there is not going to be a stage does not mean we cannot put up a giant TV screen once in a while, no? :) )

14. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Look at the angle of that upper and lower deck. Can you say wall of noise?

I can't effing wait for this place to be opened up.

15. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the money side of this -- AEG Live got the Pru Center management contract, and the capacity for a soccer stadium is not that much greater than the Pru, so the deal became redundant for them. But the most interesting part of Ives' story is that AEG is working with Wilpon to bring a team to Long Island.

I'd love the opportunity to have an AEG-owned, NickSack-run team as a derby rival to hate.

16. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is FANTASTIC news!!! I'm glad AEG's footprint is diminished in MLS. The less centralization the sooner we'll get some things done that hopefully will be unique to each market.

17. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I never wanted a concert stage in the stadium designs either. At the time I didn't care because I wanted the stadium built. Now, THIS IS AWESOME! RB JUST WANTS SOCCER PERIOD! I can see it now. Hosting the Big East Div I tourney, The NJAC Div III tourney, US matches, World Cup Qualifying matches, US Open Cup matches, anything & everything.

RB is serious and they won't pull out now. They are stubborn and I like it. Bye AEG & bye Sakewicz

18. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is as ironic-al as irony gets. i actually think this move will make it MORE about football than ever. even though RB is a (hated, by some) big corporation, the new SSS will be all about football. as mentioned, with AEG, it was all about turning a profit, whether that be from Backstreet Boys concerts or whatever.

the 10,000,000 Red Bull logos may fool you, but this SSS is all about football. this facility will be top class, and it will put our team and franchise in the position to win and get bigger. we won't have to worry about AEG scheduling some calendar-filler bullshit that will tear up the pitch. and no more Nick Sack-o-shit. this is a win-win for everyone on here.

19. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Imagine the corruscating impact of WipeOut in that stadium. :D

20. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't friggin wait! And, as of now, I'd like to volunteer to become a moderator on the new New York team's board. Thank you very much for your cosideration, bigsoccer mafia!

21. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you Red Bull, thank you Uncle Dieter! This is another 'I've got something in my eye' moment. Ha, ha!

COME ON RED BULL!
    COME ON RED BULL!
    COME ON RED BULL, COME ON RED BULL!

22. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
  23. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can do better than a mid-table EPL club.

24. deekay

deekay Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Haha - tremendous.