A major/important Stadium announment will be aired this Friday.

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if Red Bull buys the whole project out maybe we can get a better contractor???? CMOn RedBull and cmon good winter :D

2. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they do look pretty similar. At this point I wouldn't mind the Crew stadium, as long as its built.

3. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I'm pretty sure we're all hoping for the best. But you can't chide people for making lighthearted jokes at a continually frustrating situation. You're confusing joking for sulking, which it isn't in the slightest.

4. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    there's a nice field in hoboken that would seat 100 if you really packed in. great view of the city too.

5. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    you think thats the annoucment? :eek:

6. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    31K in Salzburg as of the "official opening" this Wednesday v the Arsenal. :)

I think Abfab is the only one on these boards who has actually been to a RBS match; he has said often that the stadium was terrific.

If the announcement is that we'll play somewhere else next year, I'm nervous about the location. If it is that RB have bought out AEG then I'll be ecstatic.

7. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if they're moving it to somewhere on long island aka, somewhere not where i need to pay more for tolls than an actual game ticket i'll be ecstatic. either way though i just hope they announce a firm finish date so i can plan out getting my first ever season tickets

8. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You forgot the extra 45 people that could stand along the fence by the river! :rolleyes:

Speaking of this field, I'm wondering if games are on tonight...

9. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcement is this:

"Beckham and his team (forgot who they were, but I'm sure there's a team with him) play the Red Bulls stadium Grand Opening in September 2010."

10. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well there has been a rumor floating around that Bruce Arena's job is not as secure as everyone thought it was and that they have been looking into acquiring the services of Fabio Capello... but as to whether that will be the actual announcement is anybody's guess. We will all just have to wait until this Friday and see.

11. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    what does this have to do with the stadium?

12. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I apologize-you are of course correct, the name of the thread is stadium announcement. I got carried away just reading all the posts on possible announcements. As I said before looks like we'll have to wait and see.

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's a major announcement this year, you have to work Beckham in there somehow.

14. zeusbrowne

zeusbrowne New Member

Dec 12, 2006
    West Orange, NJ
    July 27, 2007 - New York - AP -- In a stunning move, Red Bull announces their first major corporate partnership. In addition to current stadium building partner AEG, Red Bull has been joined by French fashion maker Le Coq Sportif for a long term parnership and stadium naming rights. The stadim will henceforward be known as The Bull's Coq. British press have termed the deal 'massive'.

AEG owner Phil Anshutz has released the following statement: "After much consideration I have decided that it is important that Stan Kroenke know that my Bull Coq is larger and will produce more *cough* revenue *cough* than his Big Dick."

15. Quartz62

Quartz62 New Member

May 21, 2007
    OMFG I laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants with this one!!!!

10/10 for major announcements!!!!

16. bri8733

bri8733 New Member

May 8, 2007
    dirty jerz
    F'n hilarious!

17. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    You mean the one that is only 75 yards long and has 5 parking spots? This would be the first field to have a ballboy waiting in the Hudson River to retrieve Jon Conway's goalkicks. :D

If what "Journeyman" says winds up being true and is what Solo Futbol is referring to, this is hardly "the talk of the town". The only thing I can think of that would be the "talk of the town" and still involve Red Bull Park is an announcement that it's going to be considerably larger than the one they originally planned (which I don't see happening).

18. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007

classic & rep!

19. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude that was hillarious. 5 Stars.

20. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I know. But I'm just trying to make sure it doesn't go towards bashing. I really wasn't trying to knock off the chide lighthearted ones, but just making sure no one is going to the bashing stage.

21. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    nothing a few kayakers couldn't handle.

22. Prazan

Prazan New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Prague
    Michael Lewis has the story up

http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/article.php?article_id=10583

They have been apparently fighting with AEG over the design (RB doesn't want the stage) and so will buy them out. AEG (read: Sackiweicz) claims they were "exasperated" because RB wanted to make changes. Bye bye, Nick, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I think this is good news for 2 reasons:

1. No stage = true soccer stadium, not some hybrid
    2. It shows Red Bull's long term comittment to the team and the area (sorry, Michael K. :) )

I'm looking forward to seeing if they have improved the last design in any other way as well.

23. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    Why is the Hella Old stadium pic up???

What I expect from the upcoming announcement:
    New renderings that will have a different look to the outside of the stadium and the Red Bull logo and lettering will be throughout the seats of the stadium.

Turns out that industrial waste BS we were all complaining about really was BS and it was Red Bull delaying the contruction. So our stadium will open one year later because Red Bull wanted their name in the seats and no stage. Was it worth it??

24. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So much for Wanderingsoccerdog's theory also.

25. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wha? Are you guys paranoid or something.

It could be good for you, it could be bad for you. But don't listen to me, listen to Ives.

"Is this good news for Red Bulls fans? It is good news in the sense that Red Bull is showing its seriousness about its investment. It could also lead to Red Bull pulling out all the stops to have the stadium ready for next season.

The deal could be bad news if Red Bull struggles to complete construction, with more delays still a possibility. It should also be noted that part of the appeal in owning Red Bull Park is that it would make selling the club an easier proposition in the future."

For all we can tell from here, it's a wash, but spin it any way you want. Who cares - there'll be another team around for the rest of us in two years anyway.