A Local Derby?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by genpabloescobar, Oct 22, 2003.

1. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Before anyone tells me to do so, I'll obviously say take this with a huge grain of salt, but our friend Mr. Bergin of ussocceruk.com reports.....

"Where Chivas will place their American version is still a confusing issue. Originally, Houston was the runaway favourite, until Vergara said he had
    decided on California. Last week, a spokesman for his company interests noted that four cities remained as part of the decision process; San Diego, Los Angeles, Houston and Chicago."

Chicago?!? First I've heard of this...

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Yeah, there was something about this awhile ago. Most any 'news' that either doesn't put Chivas in San Diego or Houston or says Chivas is going to convince MLS to change the player rules for them is coming from the Mexican press. I don't want to suggest they aren't credible...but...

Well, let's just say one paper carried a supposed quote from Phil Anschutz himself that he'd sell the Galaxy so that a Chivas team could play in the Toolbox. :rolleyes:

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Since Chivas coming to Chicago is total bs, can we close this thread and be done with it. There are plenty of great threads on this Chivas crap all over bigsoccer for people to warp their brain over.

p.s. not that it wouldn't be cool to have a local derby, but let's get real.

4. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I don't disagree that it's most likely b.s. and that there are threads about Chivas all over Big Soccer. This was just the first time I had read the word "Chicago" connected with all of it. That's the angle I was going for.

5. FootieBloke007

FootieBloke007 New Member

Apr 25, 2003
    Chicago
    I read about the Chicago connection a while back. Didn't really want to make a big deal about it though since everything is still up in the air.

The whole Chivas bending the rules deal, I don't agree with. Yeah, the subject has been killed here on BS. Let's just wait and see what they figure out.

6. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I now know what a Derby is! HalaMadrid! Beat Partizan Belgrade!

7. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Welcome back Peter Wilt!

Jiggly_333 and HeyFireGO repped this.
  8. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Watching you jump ship to the new team is going to be so much fun.

:)

bunge, xtomx, Jiggly_333 and 1 other person repped this.