A little birdie whispered in my ear...

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by hipityhop, Dec 8, 2006.

1. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I must have misread your post in the other thread.
    Are you saying that you would not drive more than 15 minutes to see the Wizards?... and then I read this post by you.

Now I am not sure what you are doing on the board. Where do you get that the team is going to Philly? Don't you know that stuff happens behind closed doors, we only get little leaks now and again. The team is looking for places, there are cities, in kcarea, willing to step up for a stadium. The temporary solution is exactly that, temporary. Not many teams are going to be able to find dream facilities when they'd have to upgrade them, in a matter of a few months.

Also, the Ray-Pec stuff isn't even final yet. They might still play elsewhere. Hopefully we know very soon, but it in no way has an impact on where the team will build the stadium.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, then you aren't really in agreement with most of the posters here. Most of the posters here are still going to be making the drive down to Ray-Pec if that is where the team is gonna play next year.

How do you know no one else has stepped forward either. Ray-Pec is the only one that we have seen publicly, in the press that is a site. Remember when they had narrowed the search for a stadium location to Olathe, Gardner, and DeSoto? Overland Park came out of no where. All things aren't done in the public eye, that's something many of us learned the hard way while the team was up for sale.

Who says we'll have to find another place to play the following year? The team could set up a 2 year deal with Ray-Pec.

Do you have some inside info that shows that building a stadium is not looking good, or are you just going off of the fact that the idea of the stadium at 159th location was shot down? While that might have been "Plan A," do you really think that OnGoal didn't have a Plan B, C, D, ZZ to fall back on if Plan A happened to not work?

Now we get to fight the Wizards moving to Philly from our own fans, what fun.

Edit: and by the time I get this long thought out post up, 3 other people have already posted about it.:(

3. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you identify one other Wizards fan who has posted that they would not drive to Ray-Pec to watch the Wizards? That's what I thought.

Where did you come up with this gem?? I have neither seen nor heard of of anything like this. There have been several locations, mostly in JOCO, that have been interested in housing the Wizards in the interim. Ray-Pec is simply another possible location; nobody has said that is where they are going to play. There are still several sites being reviewed. Get your facts straight before posting nonsense.

First of all, why would we even want to go back to Arrowhead to play? In case you haven't noticed, 10,000 - 15,000 people in a 72,000 seat football stadium does not make for a wonderful game day experience.
    Second, if you think that this process of locating a temporary location will be repeated each season, you have absolutely no grasp on the situation. Once a location is decided upon, that is where we will play until the new stadium is completed (barring some major situation that forces the team to change locations, but that is so far outside the realm of possibilities that it does not bear inclusion in this discussion).
    Third, what leads you to the conclusion that getting a stadium built is not "looking very good"? I have seen nothing that would lead me to that conclusion.

My guess....this is just another troll looking to stir things up.

edit: Same here Mike.

4. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to get the same impression. It's either that or someone with really bad judgement. "Hmmm...today I think I'll go onto a message board of die-hard fans and state that I won't go to games anymore."

5. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like your suggestion of a new user name for her: ScrKindaLikeItButNotThatMuch

A "soccer lover" who can't be bothered to drive more than 15 minutes to get to the game...I guess road-trips are right out for her.

6. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or maybe ScrILikeYouButOnlyAsAFriend? ;)

7. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the story of my life.....sigh.....

8. ScrLvr

ScrLvr New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    What is this, 1984? Do you want me to comply with the 2-Minute Hate now too? I thought a message board was for discussion, not assimilation.

9. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Dear Wizards:

I'm not sure how to tell you this, but I dont' think we can see each other anymore. It's not you, it's me...I'm in a really weird place right now...a place more than 15 minutes from where you are. And besides, I'm a little freaked out by your friends...or as you like to call them - 'fans'. Maybe someday if you move back closer to me and get a nicer house we can talk about seeing each other again on a trial basis. I'm just thinking that it might be best if I saw other sports for now.

Sincerely,
    ScrLvr"

10. ScrLvr

ScrLvr New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Now, that was funny.

11. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So...you come onto the FAN message board and start making wild, baseless, out-of-your-ass comments about the situation with the team...and when you get called-out for it you take offense???

That's not a discussion little girl, that's trolling.

Nobody said we all have to agree (and we many times don't) but the statements you have made were not made with the desire to open a discussion....they were simply inflammatory and meant to solicit exactly the responses you have received.

Either deal with it or go back to playing with your dolls.

12. BitterSoccerFan

Jun 15, 2005
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is great Stu. rep coming your way.

13. ScrLvr

ScrLvr New Member

Nov 8, 2006
    It's like putting candy out in front of a 3 year old. You know they're going to take it. The funny part is that you all did. I can just picture you all texting each other 'omg this guy is an !@#$%, i'm going to post on him!'. Well, you can stop hitting F5 every 3 seconds refreshing the board. No one really cares.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Troll /out.

14. KCRovert

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rest my case.

And who says we don't like jacking with a troll every now and then?

15. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well dang I must be out of the loop more then I thought, cause I didn't get a single text from anyone about this.

16. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you're no Sara. ;)

17. Redfoot

Redfoot New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I must be really out of the loop then, I didn't even get here until it was all over and done with.

18. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

repped

19. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh, i dont have that text number...do you mind posting it so i can page her?;)

20. KC Frostbite

KC Frostbite Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Raymore, Mo
    Hi,

I teach at Ray-Pec. I used to coach soccer there and now am coaching elsewhere. I live in Raymore. I can get to Arrowhead in less than 30 minutes. I know I can get from the stadium (at Ray-Pec) to Notre Dame de Sion in 30 minutes.

I was told about this proposed deal a couple of weeks ago from a football coach. The school board voted on it in a closed meeting 11/28. I figured if you guys did not know about it, it was dead until the story broke.

It was to be a win win for RP and the Wizards.

As a fan, it might be hard to get in and out of. Off of 71 Hwy there are only about (essentially) 2 ways to the stadium. One wreck and that could be it.

The person that told me about it thought that the Wizards were going to go with a site near Bannister instead.

If you have questions about RP let me know. I coach soccer for Avila and can compare many soccer stadiums to RP for you. (for example this would be much better than William Jewell -- soccerwise, seating, parking)

Joe

21. hipityhop

hipityhop Member

New Mexico United
    United States
    Jan 10, 1999
    Mission TX
    Club:
    SønderjyskE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any way they can increase traffic flow, cheaply... and where are the PERM location gonna be? I hope it ain't bannister...

22. StuBentley

StuBentley New Member

Sep 12, 2000
    Olathe, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you on this yet. :) We need to get together and catch up over a few pints sometime.

23. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Can you move this discussion over to the other thread entitled: Where are the WIZARDS going to play next season?

Thanks.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    technically, both these threads are on the same topic.

25. wadejackson1

wadejackson1 Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Exactly. The other thread is more clearly titled.