Post-match: A LEGENDARY HERO OF THE PAST RETURNS! MLS MATCHDAY 4 CREW VS IMPOSTERS SATURDAY APRIL 2ND 6:00PM

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Big J 0526, Mar 26, 2022.

?

RESULT?

Poll closed Apr 2, 2022.
  1. Crew win by 2 or more aka Caleb Porter Master Class

16.3%
  2. Crew win by 1

51.2%
  3. Draw (CANADIAN WIN)

9.3%
  4. Crew lose by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Crew lose by 2 or more aka Coachbot 9000/9001 disaster class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I was there to see him when he was just a kid. -TKyle

7.0%
  7. Chippy - Crew score a goal from outside the box and win (Worth 2 points)

16.3%
  1. Big J 0526

Big J 0526 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IT IS A GLORIOUS TIME, FELLOW FANS AND CITIZENS ALL. OUR LOVABLE HEROES RETURN FROM THE MEGATROPOLIS TO THE EAST. IT APPEARED UNTIL THE VERY END THAT THEY WOULD TASTE DEFEAT, BUT AT THE LAST MOMENT, A DARLING OF THE FANS CAME THROUGH AND PUSHED OUR YELLOW CLAD CREW INTO STALEMATE.

IT IS A SPECIAL EPISODE NEXT. ONE THAT HONORS A HERO RETURNING HOME AFTER A LONG AND GLORY FILLED CAREER. THAT HE RETURNS AT THE SAME TIME AS THE GROUP OF IMPOSTERS COME IS OF NO SMALL SIGNIFICANCE.

FOR WHEN HIS TRUE, BRIGHT YELLOW GLORY IS MEASURED AGAINST THOSE WHO TRY TO FALSELY REPLICATE IT, IT JUST FURTHER PROVES THAT THERE IS INDEED ONLY ONE GROUP OF LOVABLE, YELLOW CLAD HEROES!!!

2. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So im guessing no Zelarayan, right? Thats lame, im coming down for this game. Oh well. Guess ill have to get down to Columbus more this year to see the main attraction. I already decided im working less this year and spending more time with my family. Dragging everyone down to Cbus is a perfect excuse to not work!

Anyway....with no Lucas, how do we think were going to lineup? Will Caleb still go with the normal formation and just swap Zelarayan out for someone? Who makes sense at this point, all things considered? Give Matan a chance to steer the ship? Bring Pedro up to the 10, and maybe give Will Sands a start?

Maybe some sort of 3-4-3 action? Drop Zelarayan, add Anibaba to the backline? With Williams injured, I think that leaves us with no CB off the bench, but we could always just go switch up and go with 2 cbs if necessary.

Or possibly a 4-4-2 with Zardes up top with Berry. No scratch that, that would never happen in a world.

I heard we just signed a #10....

3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I certainly wouldn't bet on Lucas being available, but he was at practice last week, working off to the side along with Williams and Molino.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  4. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we are privy to the long-awaited podcast by Pipa and @chr1st. Where in the world will they be going next?

chr1st repped this.
  5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to say about Zelarayan. I think the verdict was he was out 1-2 weeks. It's been one. Without really hearing anything, there's no way to know.

I would say that if he's not 100%, sit him. He's way too important to the team to eff around with getting him hurt worse.

Tobias C and Pauncho repped this.
  6. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Hard to Vite not knowing if Z will play he makes a huge difference

7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodbye Grandview Yards Nordecke Tailgate. How we barely knew thee.

ZipSix and chr1st repped this.
  9. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to k ow what possible leverage Nationwide had to get that quashed. I mean, besides " this is Columbus, we're Nationwide and you'll do as you're told, peasants"

10. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This isn't on Nationwide, nor the Nordecke.

11. OzweegoSC

OzweegoSC Member

Dec 10, 2007
    CMH
    So does that leave the City of Grandview as the culprit?

12. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quit being cryptic and spill the beans or GTFO!!!!!!!! lol

TyphonInc, TKyle and Bill Archer repped this.
  13. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure Jacob Myers will get to the bottom of this soon enough.

While we're waiting for that to happen, at the bottom of the Grandview Yard website, it says this:

"Grandview Yard is owned and developed by Nationwide Realty Investors"

Why would a business let the proletariat take up space on its property, eating and drinking for free, when it really wans them to go into one of the businesses that sell food and drink on said property? A base question is: is the parking lot operated by NRI or the city of Grandview?

I wonder if there are any liability issues involved, too. If only Nationwide knew how to get good insurance coverage arranged.

ZipSix, TRUJDUB21, TKyle and 2 others repped this.
  14. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Getting very warm...

15. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't you just hate a broad who flashes a bit of side boob and maybe some thigh but doesn't deliver the goods?

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the City of Grandview created a DORA for a parking lot they don't operate?

18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

TRUJDUB21, TKyle, Kyle Crew and 2 others repped this.
  19. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rita Hayworth, gentlemen.

A goddess.

20. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in fairness municipalities don't normally own or control a DORA. Columbus doesn't own. or lease the Arena District. DORAs cover private land.

21. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be accurate, it's not that they created a DORA for land they don't own. It's that the city entered into an agreement allowing the Nordecke to host a tailgate on land they don't own.

22. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Wonder if the street (Baldwin) is city owned or private. Move the party to the street. Guessing Grandview doesn't want to go against NRI who as the 800lbs gorilla gets what it wants in this city. Let's all remember per our beloved source of aaa info that Nationwide dictated dialing back the design of LDC. Both the Nordecke and City of Grandview gave it a great attempt, it just isn't viable in that spot. Thanks for trying, no harm, no foul.

23. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It certainly doesn’t appear to me that NRI ended up having much input on the stadium design. I recall the initial reporting, from before we had actual renderings. But in the end, the stadium is architecturally distinct from the rest of the AD.

24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @speedye1 remembers correctly. IM said more than once that there were some really cool things that NRI nixed.

I have no idea what he is referring to but exactly, but have no reason to doubt him.

One thing I have noticed however is this: when Don Garber first saw the plans for the stadium he told some media assemblage or other (can't recall) that the new Crew building was "like something out of Star Wars" and waxed on about the appearnce being so unique and amazing.

And if you go back and look at the first drawings we saw - I'm far too lazy but I think someone posted a few of them not long ago - the exterior,, particularly the roof, is markedly different, with overlapping black chevrons reaching out into the sky.

This is nowhere to be seen in the finished product, and I believe that this design is at least part of what NRI made them change.

But this is Columbus, and the plebs take what the poohbahs allow them to have and shut up.

25. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. LDC looks nothing like the red brick structures that make up the rest of the AD. In any event, I doubt NRI is to blame for the things that modestly bother us about the stadium; like the lack of yellow, the extreme audio levels, glitchy POS system, the place being locked while patrons stand outside in a thunderstorm, the carabiner logo, etc.

The roof, I can't say that I've seen a final drone shot of what it even looks like. All I know is that it seems to leak. The early renderings that showed skylights of some sort on the south end obviously weren't accurate, though my guess is that was due to cost.

I'm curious what whiz-bang features NRI nixed. In the end, the architects sure as hell look to have gotten much of what they wanted, in that the facility is distinct from the rest of the AD by my untrained eye.