A-League fines some Seattle players.

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Krammerhead, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Timbers_Roberto

Timbers_Roberto New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Wouldn't it send a stronger message to players around the league if they named names and the amount of the fines? Or perhaps the punishments are so insignificant that it would send the opposite message?

2. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I'm sure the punishments are insignificant. I agree they should name the players.

3. propes

propes New Member

Jun 22, 1999
    St. Paul, MN, USA
    While I understand the desire, naming them is only going to keep them from playing with the Sounders.

As for the significance of the fines, considering how much A-League players make, $20 is a significant fine.

4. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Sounders fans know of at least one player who seemed to be out of control: Seattle's Chad Brown (defender). He had to be one of the ones who was fined. His face appears frequently in pictures posted by Krammerhead about this incident.

As far as the league listing player names, I'm not sure what difference it might make. Seattle says it has held its players/coaches accountable for what happened.
    It will be interesting to see if Chad returns to Seattle next year...

5. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Well posting the names of those fined would also let people know who wasn't involved.

Other leagues and other sports don't seem to have a problem naming people they are disciplining.

Anyway, no big deal, it all over now.