A Helluva Summer!

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by Mglnbea, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about you guys and gals, but I'm having one helluva summer!

***Gold Cup (USA wins!--I see two games in LA. I'm prevented at the last minute, due to a family emergency, from travelling to Chicago. All US games are televised.)

***Copa America (I've been waiting for the US to return to this tournament since 1995--I think there have been many positives for the USMNT program by participating in this event, despite this year's three and out. All US games are televised, unlike the PPV which existed in 1995.)

***U-20 WC (Great wins over Poland, Brazil and Uruguay--disappointing ending vs. Austria, but a positive glimpse of the future! All US games are televised.)

***Pan Am Games (I have had a soft spot in my heart for this event since Joe-Max and Co. won the gold medal in '91. At least one US game is televised.)

***Announcement of the QUAKES TO RETURN IN 2008!!!

***MLS teams begin, successfully, participating in the Superliga. (All games are projected to be televised.)

***A varitety of high profile international players (Bex, Blanco, Angel, et. al. begin to gravitate to MLS, bringing a shhitload of positive energy, press, and overall raising the level of play in the league! Many, if not all, games are televised: Bex's debut vs. Chelsea, Blanco's debut vs. Celtic, RSL vs. Everton, Toronto vs. Aston Villa, RSL vs. Boca Jrs., etc. etc. etc.

AND, still to come. . .

***Women's World Cup (All games to be televised.)

***U-17 World Cup (I'm confident that all US games wil be televised, somewhere, somehow)

Has this been the greatest summer of US soccer or what?!! :D

2. HoBo30

HoBo30 New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Detroit, MI
    Well, it's been better than last summer. But then, I'd rather have taken a poke to the eye w/ a sharp stick than experience any of that which we did.

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Dont forget all does MLS teams nocked out of the US Open Cup by USL teams :D lol

4. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I get all worked up for the Women's World Cup!

(not really)