NSR: A gun on Every Corner: Discuss the NRA, Gun Ownership and All Those Non-Mass Shootings..

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by dapip, Feb 20, 2015.

Tags:
?

Do we need more strict gun laws?

1. Repeal the second baby!

54 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. We need better mental healthcare..

38 vote(s)
    36.2%
  3. A discussion on the topic would be interesting..

29 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. That's Liberul talk for them to take may gunz!

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You can pry my gun from my cold dead hands..

15 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If only the police would until people shoot at them before they shoot, hundreds of unarmed African American men would be alive every year.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fixed

xtomx repped this.
  3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You did not fix my main error

If only the police would wait until people shoot at them before they shoot, hundreds of unarmed African Americans would be alive every year.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not @American Brummie, I'm not only not a Grammar Nazi/Alt Write, I'm also not a word Nazi. Sometimes I post from my phone, and man that is a mess.

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you always have to formally charge the higher offense, lest you run in to a due process/lack of notice issue if you then try to present such evidence at trial. But you never have to formally charge a lesser-included. Sometimes, you'll get a situation where say first degree murder is charged and just before close of evidence, the defendant will request a manslaughter charge. That can then be contested by the prosecution if they believe there's no evidence of manslaughter, ie., the evidence shows either first degree murder or nothing. The court then decides if it thinks there was a enough such evidence to charge the jury on the issue. If they rule against the defendant, it's often an avenue for appeal.

dapip and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  6. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Want to join the 417 2nd Amendment Militia for a field trip?

They’re coming out from under rocks now. Is there any doubt that this could only happen under trumps Rule of Law.

Feds arrest men after tip they were going to Kenosha to possibly 'loot,' 'pick people off'
    Michael Karmo and Cody Smith face weapons charges

Federal agents arrested two Missouri men in Pleasant Prairie after receiving a tip they were coming to Kenosha to possibly "loot" and "pick people off."
    According to WISN, agents searched the men’s vehicle and hotel room and found “an Armory AR-15 assault rifle, a Mossberg 500 AB 12-Gauge shotgun, two handguns, a silencer, ammunition, body armor, a drone and other materials.”

https://www.wisn.com/article/men-ar...sha-to-possibly-loot-pick-people-off/33919195

7. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I, too, was posting from my phone, and it is a mess.
    Hence, my missing the verb.
    Damn me.

I imagine you and everybody in your life are thankful for that! ;)

soccernutter repped this.
  8. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to point out that I work in Pleasant Prairie. That place is going to become a major warehouse center.

9. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Sounds like a lovely place with real homey people.

10. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I lived 5 minutes from there, but that was back around 1987. It was not much of a prairie and not particularly pleasant back then.

crazypete13 repped this.
  11. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I guess those trial-thingees are a bit tedious these days - best to immediately jump to a verdict.

also - it's good to start the day with a bit of jury tainting, isn't it?

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...s-kyle-rittenhouse-responded-in-self-defense/
    Representative Thomas Massie (R., KY) said Thursday that if he were a juror, he would not convict 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse on any of the charges he is facing in connection with the fatal shooting of two people in Kenosha, Wis. during rioting in the city.

“The strongest thing in his favor is actually the video of the event … the video of him running down the street and falling,” Massie said on the Tom Roten Morning Show. “He was fulfilling his obligation to retreat. … He fell down. … He responded in self-defense. … I would not convict.”

“He also exhibited incredible restraint and presence and situational awareness,” Massie continued. “He didn’t empty a magazine into a crowd.”

xtomx, sitruc and dapip repped this.
  12. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    Unfortunately for Mr Rittenhouse....he was defending himself from people who were kinda pissed that he had already murdered someone.

Auriaprottu, xtomx, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Massie is counting on the fact that right now, there's no video of the first murder.

xtomx repped this.
  14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Rep Massie is aware the the NRA is imploding.

15. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    But there is.

there is video of him running across a parking lot,,you hear the shots, then you see him call someone and tell them he just killed someone.

sitruc and dapip repped this.
  16. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Just re-reading that pece ... I wonder how this defence will play out in front of a jury?

once again, words fail ....

xtomx, sitruc and crazypete13 repped this.
  17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    In an era (say since 2008 and it has become really present under Trump) when Congress people have been regularly saying horrible and outlandish things, this may be among the worst.

"Running down the street and falling" is grounds for a self defense on first degree intentional homicide charges?

Not "empty(ing) a magazine into a crowd" is restraint?

Damn, this is a low bar.

I have had fear for my country for a couple years now, but things are getting terrifying.

sitruc repped this.
  18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on, you know what he said was code. It was all because they were there for the Black people. And Black people, along with their allies, are a threat, because they are always angry and dangerous and violent and just want to kill all White people and all police.

xtomx repped this.
  19. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In what can only be an attempt to save its very existence, the NRA has admitted in its most recent tax filings that current and former employees have used NRA funds for personal purposes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...521108-2d34-11eb-9c71-ccf2c0b8d571_story.html

20. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yep - the loss of its charitable status would be fatal.

It's that scrutiny that started the meltdown of the last couple of years, with the infamous audit. I've wondered if LaPierre's idea was to throw AkMac under the bus for all the criming

21. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every crime needs a fall guy.
    If we didn't know that before,we should now.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More white men would also be alive.

As the majority of people that get shot by cop are white males, with black males coming in second.

Women of any race are very unlikely to get killed by cop (by American standard)

23. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    40 years ago today a gunnut snuffed out a legend. Jimmy Breslin covered it

Now responding to the call, "Man shot, 1 West 72," Jim Moran, a 45-year-old policeman, pulled up in front of the Dakota and Tony Palma and Herb Frauenberger put this guy with blood all over him in the backseat.

As Moran started driving away, he heard people in the street shouting, "That's John Lennon!"

[​IMG]
    Columnist Jimmy Breslin (New York Daily News)

Moran was driving with Bill Gamble. As they went through the streets to Roosevelt Hospital, Moran looked in the backseat and said, "Are you John Lennon?" The guy in the back nodded and groaned.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/na...9625?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Dr. Wankler repped this.