A fool and his money.........

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Lone Star, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    A lot of people say the HT transfer market is in a recession, heck maybe even a depression, but I submit the following that once again proves a fool and his money are soon parted*:

31 year old outstanding striker:
    10/15/2004 Sold Mikael Josefsson to Oache`s Team 1 020 000 US$

30 year old mythical midfielder (with no secondaries):
    10/22/2004 Sold Erik Karstensson to pinkfloyd 6 000 000 US$

I didn't expect to get bids on either of these guys for the prices I put them up for, but I'll take the money. Erik was my #2 middy, so I'm gonna hurt in the short term but he's helping bankroll my future.

I'd never pay those amounts for over-30 players, though.

*I'm not saying the buyers were fools or anything. Heck, come back next week and browse to your heart's content.

Panther City FC
    II.3 - USA

2. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Did they have good experience/leadership? People will often pay more for players they thinkthey can turn into coaches.....

3. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Neither were coach-worthy. I would've kept them otherwise. Well, maybe.

ETA:
    The midfielder has excellent experience and weak leadership.
    The striker has passable experience and inadequate leadership.

4. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    It's just not fair. Couldn't get fool money for Killand :(

But nicely done anyway Lone Star.

5. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks like coaching material to me. And in my series they could play for a couple of years before having to be relegated to the bench. Plenty of time to get the passable XP guy to solid.

6. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    the forward seems to be a decent price actually. A million is what you'd pay for a formidable forward with no experience.

7. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    I just like the fact that selling those 2 players will bring hopefully 4 new guys. I already bought 2 solid strikers (220k total cost) to be my #4 and #5 backups since I'm toggling between 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 now, I'm shopping for a 17 yo mid trainee, and I hope to get a new starting keeper. I guess the question is can I do that with approximately 6.3 million at my disposal........

8. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weak leadership is marginal, though, especially for a team at that level where I would think they'd want every TS edge they can get.

9. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are plenty of people who would accept weak leadership, and the lower cost as a result, in their coach in exchange for their coaching/experience level.

10. Pattrick

Pattrick New Member

Sep 11, 2004
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    The prices of internal coaches aren't influenced by their leadership. It's just their experience that determines their price. Weak leadership would make an external coach cheaper, but then I'd go for a poor leadership one.

11. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Personally, I wouldn't make a player a coach with anything less then passable leadership, but that's just me. Once I get the 2.5 million saved up I'm gonna buy another solid/solid coach since my current one has dropped to inadequate leadership. It's making the TS battle an uphill one.........

ETA: I have a player I'm grooming to be a coach eventually, but he needs a few more experience pops first.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in the same boat, I have a player that I am wanting to turn into the coach, but he needs a couple more experience pops to make it there, he's at inad leadership right now. Actually I have 2 players that could be coaches in the future. :D

13. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For an internally recruited coach, I can't imagine going for weak leadership (which is relatively close to the break-even point compared to an externally recruited coach) when you ought to be able to do much better (and since it's a transfer either way, there's no question of relative wait for him to be eligible for the coaching position).

14. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    This guy was just sold again for $1,020,000, earning me $40,800 in mother club money (or previous owner money, whichever).

I'll take it.

:)

Panther City FC
    II.3 - USA

15. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Just made 6700 from a YP keeper being resold. Woohoo.

16. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got like 1.6k from last weeks YP.

:rolleyes: