A few thoughts and we'll answer what we can...

Discussion in 'Chicago Red Stars' started by CRS Owners, Nov 17, 2010.

1. CRS Owners

CRS Owners Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
  2. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    That was a very helpful and thoughtful interview. Thanks for the openness. And count me in as a season ticket holder. I want you to succeed!

3. weipenguigumbi

weipenguigumbi New Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Thanks for all your efforts with CRS and thank you for posting it on B.S. Best of Luck.

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for being so open. I am a season ticketholder having already paid for next seaon as I have faith in the team and league. Good luck

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You mean break-even for the year, or break-even overall? If the former, why not 2011? And what different situations are you already seeing that might make the difference between 2011 and 2012?

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    more sponsors,higher attendance, less spending?

7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's what I was thinking, but of those three the only one you can definitely control and reasonably predict is 'less spending'. I think it would be difficult to predict sponsorships and attendance for 2012, especially when we've had so much uncertainty just about 2011, and the statement in the interview sounded like such a definite statement I was wondering what it was based on (besides the assumption 2011 is a 'go' as well).

8. amerinorsk59

amerinorsk59 Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Chicago area
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I have a couple of season tickets for 2011 already and would consider buying another one (note: I'll find a way to pay for the extra ticket if it helps CRS play in 2011). Ask current season ticket holders buy one extra season ticket. It would be a "financial" and "fan loyalty" way of showing our support and maybe would turn potential investors heads! Call it "Operation Extra Season Ticket "(ok, corny) or somthing similar? Get it going word of mouth - what do all think? Would it help in the scheme of things? :)

9. CRS Owners

CRS Owners Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    re: breakeven. We continue to make progress in the big three of revenue (attendance, sponsors, camps) we were top 2 in all of those. We can with good confidence project growth in all of those. Re: costs all teams are sizing spend to revenue plus 'tolerable loss' and each has a different threshold for 'tolerable'. We can't just cut cost to planned revenues or we just don't put a viable team on the field.

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will add my "thank you for posting" to the chorus here.

I am curious to know how much season ticket sale numbers impact your ability to raise venture capital/investments.

Of course, any potential investor will look at the larger picture of the financials. But do season tix sales carry significant weight?

11. CRS Owners

CRS Owners Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    the investors aren't going to decide based on season tickets booked, its the body of work in its entirety and the momentum and likelihood that it isn't just 'dead money'. Season tickets are critical though in that they radiate benefit -- sponsors get more excited, existing owner and future believe the fans are behind it, and it is a 'locked in' base attendance number for the upcoming season. so very important, but not alone going to get our last investor(s) to close.

12. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ah okay, cool. =-)
    And it seems I forgot to do so earlier, so let me also say Thank you for sharing! Always nice to get a candid snapshot of what's going on behind the scenes.

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thank you for the info. I have met and talked to most of you guys and let me say that you are second to none as far as sports owners go. IMO, you guys are not just investors in a sports venture but are passionate fans as well. And I also appreciate how likeable and approacheable the owners of the CRS are.

As you know I am a die-hard Red Stars fan and there are others like me who may not post here or post as much as I do but nevertheless, we do have a great and passionate fan base. Many of us would be heartborken if this team folds.
    I am a fan and season ticket holder of the Red Stars and Fire. And as much as I have been there since the beginning with the Chicago Fire, I seem to have a better time at the Red Stars games and often see better soccer(especially this year) then I do at the the Fire games.

I hope that investors do come forward and we can look forward to CRS soccer next season.

The CRS have the best upside IMO, in the league. We have had both losing seasons and yet we still have one of the top attendances. Chicago Fans in all sports are dying for a winner. And if we put a winner on the field with the Red Stars I'm convinced our attendance and fan base will grow even more.
    I hope potential investors can see this opportunity.

CRS have the potential to be the most stable WPS franchise in the long run.

Thanks again.

14. Hawkeye-1

Hawkeye-1 Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Austin
    Here's hoping you're able to get everything in order for 2011--the league needs the big name in the standings that is Chicago--and the more teams there are the better.

15. Crazy Old Lady

Crazy Old Lady New Member

May 22, 2003
    just outside Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To the Owners Thank You
    To the Red Star Fans We look forward to you being with us this Season.Us being the League and the rest of the Teams. See you in Atlanta. Good Wishes all round.

16. suncraver03

suncraver03 New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Third year season ticket holder. Upgraded to club seats this year even though it meant cutting some other stuff out of the budget. I could never have forgiven myself if I hadn't done whatever I could to show support for the CRS players and staff. The front office people work so hard and are absolutely committed to keeping this team and league going. Also, we should take into account all the good done by the CRS charities for the Chicagoland community.

Graduate school commitments keep my involvement with the message board to a minimum, but I'm with MRAD in believing in this team.

17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be a booth at the USA-Italy game where I can renew my CRS season tickets?

or do you guys have any special offers for both season tickets and the USA-Italy game on your website?

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's actually a good question a great idea.

Are the Red Stars going to have a booth at the USWNT game CRS Owners?
    Would the USSF allow that? This would be a great opportunity to push CRS ticket sales and show potential investors that the CRS has a solid fan base.

19. Peg Hopper

Peg Hopper Member

Aug 4, 2004
    On the Border
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That certainly seems like an excellent idea.

20. CRS Owners

CRS Owners Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    CRS will have a booth at the WNT game but it has a number of restrictions per USSF and or sponsor rules. So you'll see us, but we'll be pretty low key to coexist properly.

CRS O

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will get my season tickets then.

22. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that means the fans at the game cough...ceezmad...cough...MRAD... need to make CRS a big talking point as you socialize & talk to the fans around you at both tailgating and once seated. Word of mouth people!

23. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I do that all the time anyway. I referee youth games in the western and northwestern suburbs and I always bring up the Red Stars to the kids and parents and encourage them to go to the games.

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Will I be able to acquire a CRS scarf while I'm in Bridgeview shooting the game?

I understand that USSF won't allow your concessions to be open, but is there anyway I can hand someone cash for a CRS scarf?

25. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ask for Carrie Sear from the Red Stars.