A few little news items (including Van Bommel)

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by metropolis2k, Nov 27, 2004.

1. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Quite a few things have popped up on Sky's website. First of all Jol saying he doesn't want Van Bommel

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=240467&lid=2&cpid=8&title=Jol+rules+out+van+Bommel

And I'm very glad to see Jol absolutely ripping the piss out of John Gregory and Iain Dowie after they criticised him...

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=240467&lid=2&cpid=8&title=Jol+rules+out+van+Bommel

Some extracts:

"John Gregory was useless when he was at Aston Villa a couple of years ago, and there he is telling me how I should have done it."

"Iain Dowie questions why Martin Jol plays Pedro Mendes on the right. He doesn't know that we had nobody else who could play there."

"I feel like telling him he's not fit to mend my shoelace, but I can't because I have not yet been successful in this country."

"He should also concentrate on the problems he has with his own team at Crystal Palace."

Brilliant stuff. I'm a huge fan of the Morinho's personal-relations tactics so I'm glad Jol has that side to him too.

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    LOL about the John Gregory bit.

I see where he is coming from about van Bommel, he is thinking that we have alot of centre midfielders (Carrick, Davis, Mendes, Brown & Redknapp) but i think we could do with him. He is a leader, that is something we dont have many of.

3. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

I have to admit that Jol's comments had me in stitches, especially the barb aimed at John Gregory. Jol is saying what everyone thinks. I bet even Villa fans were delighted that someone official came out and just said it.

4. 11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15 Red Card

Nov 30, 2003
    Fla - SC - Eire
    Jol and Van Bommel are good friends....I think he's down playing this so the press walks away from this rumour...in reality he's been in contact with them and I'm sure Spurs would love to land him. He's class all the way and his relationship with Jol and his playing system would be a nice match.

5. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    That should be a shirt around the Lane. John Gregory is useless.

6. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Should be on shirts at Villa Park and the Baseball Ground (Derby).