A "DC UNITED" Soccer Complex to Be Built in... Stafford VA?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by McOwen, Jul 14, 2005.

1. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    And Pennsyltuckians too!

2. VAsoccermom

VAsoccermom New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Alexandria, Virginia
    oh yeah.... forgot about you guys......

I say kick out the Nationals and have them find their own venue...... All we really need to do is invest in what we already have..... One word... renovate!!!... For christ sakes where is the love for soccer...... The darn Nationals just came in and took over....

3. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    My guess is this has nothing to do w/anything but rec soccer.

I sometimes play in the indoor soccer Dulles Sportsplex, it has sponsors, I think DC United is a very small one. There's forms for season DC United season tix. I've never seen DC United guys or coaches there.

I did hear Rongen had DC United train at the indoor soccer building in Rockville, but I can't be sure about that

And I heard Chino Alegria, a former player works in one of the indoor soccer buildings snack bar

But yeah, I'm sure this is nothing but rec league, something y'all should join as there's plenty of 'em in this area :)

4. White Tigre Dad

White Tigre Dad New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Woodbridge
    I remember seeing a layout on the older Stafford Rec website about plans for a big soccer complex, kind of like the MD Soccerplex. It would be for the recreational and travel teams in the Stafford area and probably could be used for tournaments in the area and such.

This is not where DC United is going to go play, at least I'm 99.9% sure of that.

I couldn't find the info on this complex on the new Stafford Rec. website, if I do in the future I'll put the link in this thread.

5. White Tigre Dad

White Tigre Dad New Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Woodbridge
  6. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Where's the knucklehead who was trumpeting the fact that United was moving to some other remote Virginia location?

7. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much where I live....I can only hope there is some truth here and as McOwen says there's a bit. I work in the same building as a guy who is a high muckety-muck in the Stafford Soccer Association - they are serious and really need some places to play. This would be good news and I would have no problem with DC United being a part of it - especially if they decided to play Reserve matches there! ;)