A Day with Landon - ESPN

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SJfuture, Dec 24, 2002.

1. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
  2. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little OT but the Dec. 24th issue of ESPN the Magazine has a new Nike ad of LD. It's on the inside front cover.

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "He seems perplexed of how Mexico voted for him (Hello? How 'bout that textbook header that gave the U.S. an insurmountable 2-0 lead in the Round of 16 match, thus firmly sticking the knife into the heart of a nation.)"

I wasn't surprised at all by this. All the Mexican girls on our Liga Latina team were pissed because Mexico was defeated in the WC, but several weeks later several of them and an aunt went with me to a Quakes game and they were just ga-ga over Landon, the guy who had put the nail in the coffin for Mexico's defeat. All, in all, I don't see that as paradoxical.

4. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awww.... That's OUR Landon!

That was a great article. What class Landon has! Not that I didn't already know that. But it's great to see how he is with the reporters.

MLS and US Soccer couldn't ask for a better poster boy. On the field and off.

Oh, and just for tradition sake: *sigh*

5. supergrl226

supergrl226 New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Cali
    Landon is really a nice guy cause one time I was in autograph alley and these girls were harassing him about not being able to take a picture with him and he was still being such a nice guy to them. BTW, does anyone know who he is dating?

6. megs2

megs2 New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Missouri
    Bianca something, she's some B-list actress. But, I bet their relationship won't last that long considering she's from the movie business, but you never know.

7. tara91387

tara91387 New Member

Jul 14, 2002
    Cape Cod, MA
    It was just very recently said in an aol crushqueen jess update that landon has been dating bianca kajlich for 6 months!

8. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LDBs dating Rosy Palms!

9. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: How mean! At least she can understand what it's like being in the spotlight and all that other stuff that comes with fame.

I just hope they're both happy. From Landon's response on AOL, he seems pretty happy. And really that's all that matters. I wish them all the best of luck and happiness.

10. amanda_10

amanda_10 New Member

Jul 18, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    great article!! thats the type of writing people want to hear. It helps us understand him better and what it's like to be in his position.

11. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was one thing in the article that caught my eye, upon reading it again a couple of weeks after it was published, and gave me a new-found respect for Landon (as if there needed to be any more reasons to respect him)...

All the talk of Donovan preferring to stay with the Quakes as opposed to playing in Germany, and wanting to put down roots in San Jose in particular, this little mini-quote spoke volumes for me.

Seeing that he never had the chance to go to college-- after all, he was signed by Bayer Leverküsen right out of high school following the U-17 World Cup some years ago-- he wants to go to college in San Jose, and he wants to do so ASAP.

A lot of athletes have known that college and a degree is something that will always be there for them, but Landon is willing to fit in university classes around his busy schedule as a professional soccer player, and one of international class at that. Taking classes now rather than later-- I've always known he was pretty well-adjusted, but this impresses even me.

Good on ya, Landon! :)

Cheers,
    William

12. megs2

megs2 New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Missouri
    I wasn't trying to be mean, but just stating the truth, i mean, look at J Lo... :rolleyes:

13. AntiAngel121

AntiAngel121 New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Bay Area (California)
    It says Landon wants to take classes at San Jose state next yr...well let me know which one's and I'll be there too...haha...jk! ;)

14. Zero

Zero New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    San Jose
    Yeah, but what I want to know, SJ_Q_F...
    Isn't Clint Mathis still your boyfriend?

You think he'd be peeved you swooning over LD.

15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang skippy! And if you think the stuff these girls have said on these boards is mean, you just better watch out if Cleatus shows up with some "other" woman! :D

I wasn't swooning over Lando. He's a sweet, talented guy. I was just stating the truth. I only have eyes for Cleatus. :)

16. Zero

Zero New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    San Jose
    I just got off my cell with him. I let him know just what exactly you've been up to here in SJ.

He says "not to bother comming home", and that your
    golf clubs are out by the curb. Oh, and that he's keeping
    the cat.

Sorry. I was worried about you two. oops.