A Dassler By Any Other Name - Kit Thread Mark XV

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Darth Norteño, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Quentin

Quentin Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Hurricane, WV, USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Particularly since Subway typically charges you $x for a 6” sub and $x+1 for a 12” sub. It takes a lot of self control to not go for the “good deal” or get the good deal and not eat it in one sitting. I eat everything in front of me. [emoji23]

2. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me see if I've got this straight . . . McDonald's is is a heart attack waiting to happen but 5 brats and 6 eggs every once in a while is not an issue for you?

breakfast.jpg
    Don't get me wrong, that looks amazing but I think you may be lying to yourself a bit here :ROFLMAO:

3. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Consider that "every once in a while" is only for limited occasions and NOT a daily or weekly thing like some folks do here during their lunch break from work, in whih sees the drive-up window with a long line behind it (and ahead of it), where a Big Mac and fries is somebody's idea of an everyday lunch.

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, when is the third kit gonna be introducedm we're now 7 days away from the start of Premier League season (away to Newcastle) and still no third strip. :(

6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, when is the third kit gonna be introduced? We're now just 7 days away from the start of Premier League season (away to Newcastle) and still no third strip. :(

7. cooper7d7

cooper7d7 Member+

Feb 7, 2001
    CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Available now...

Attached Files:

8. gunner7

gunner7 Member+

Jul 27, 2008
    Sunshine California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Third kit looks like the Real Madrid one they play with during preseason

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    third kit: basic, simple, not bad looking... like it better than our away kit.

except it's conspicuous that they show the shirt alone... no shorts or socks?! Are they going to save money and match it with the black shorts of our away kit? :(

10. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the away shorts are blue and the 3rd are black. But pretty similar

11. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Bumping for something awesome!

Link at the bottom has more photos, including the bruised banana kit, a retro tracksuit, a retro windbreaker, and a retro pullover.

[​IMG][​IMG]

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019...AAiBLmLov64GY06lvAuhovSYuPraTwU8XiF0t0iuB9Wns

Shen-O and thebigman repped this.
  12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super Llama and GunnerJacket repped this.
  13. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Arsenal thinks they can fix everything by putting the banana kit back for sale...

well then they’re god damned right! Buying as soon as a link opens up

thebigman and MisplacedSpainard repped this.
  14. maskito

maskito Member+

Jan 14, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Instinctively I reached for the wallet as soon as I sold the old, classic crest. Also loving how big it is on this one.

upload_2019-12-9_16-8-39.png

GunnerJacket repped this.
  15. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    This is my go to.

16. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After trying for an hour, I finally got it. Order confirmed. Things are selling like yeezys or coachella

17. admerr

admerr Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I missed out on the adidas launch while sitting in traffic. Looks like Arsenal sold out of mediums as well and charged $30 more than adidas.

Anyone know if it's being sold anywhere else? I really hope it's not that limited. Annoying and ridiculous if true.

18. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on a restock? My buddy didn’t get the jersey or zip up track jacket, he’s gutted lol

19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shen-O repped this.
  20. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking about doing this:

FBF2A87E-BECE-4088-8455-04452C7B8023.jpeg

Anybody know how to make the Arsenal font happen if it’s not on a current player? I can’t make it to London to go to the Armoury.

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While reading this post by Liam Brady (https://www.arsenal.com/news/brady-pays-tribute-bill-darby?guid=ee4fa7c5-ef5e-e211-8c30-0050568c07ee)...

I wanted to confirm that it was Frank Stapleton in the photo, along with Brady & Malcom Macdonald.

And I stumbled upon this image of him in a strip with red shorts back in the day. I didn't remember that we did that back then, but it's logical, especially when traveling, given the rules for contrasting kits for opponents.

[​IMG]

Anyway, apparently when we were grumbling about red shorts a year or two ago, we weren't the first! :)

22. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    Any idea of the new kit for next season? I really like our bruised banana road kit this year.

23. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apologies if I already talked about this, but I met Brady on my trip to London in November 2018. My buddy and I adopted a local pub in Islington (not one of the traditional Arsenal pubs) where we'd decompress with a pint or two after doing the tourist thing. One late afternoon, as we were drinking, he walked in alone, sat at the bar, and ordered an Irish whiskey. I didn't want to bother him but couldn't resist, so I walked up, said hello, and asked if I could take a photo with him. He laughed, said I "was too young to know who he was" but kindly obliged. Told me, he takes a grandchild to a place nearby for weekly piano lessons, so he always stops in for a drink while he waits. Extremely nice guy.

NorthBank, thebigman and Quentin repped this.
  24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1474 NorthBank, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    I loved Brady as a player. My first introduction to a cultured left foot. :) And he was the best thing we had when I was going to Highbury in the 70's as a youngin, although I had other favorites like Allan Ball, Geordie Armstrong, and Pat Jennings.

In more recent years, in his player development capacity, I agree he did seem like a nice guy. Although I'm not sure he served the club as well in that later role. But he was a helluva player when we had him!