A chance to pass on PHP/FCD concerns to John Wagner

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Rocket, Apr 13, 2006.

1. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It depends what they paint, enit? They could make a mural of current players, FCD symbols, Frisco settings, or....wutever....just creating another connection with the....uh....inner youth...cue Akon:

2. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tsk..tsk...what lack of community initiative. But. Again. Is connecting to youth that may not get a chance to drive to Frisco and connect with FCD. Anywho. Just an idea.

3. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Parking is just part of it and I have come to except it. I did look at every teams endline ticket prices both full season and walkup and FCD is the cheapest in the league.

15.00 to park bucks is a bit steep but there are other options.

4. texas arsenal

texas arsenal New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Frisco Tx
    Paint the walls yes. Murals F no.

5. thefuture

thefuture New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Paint and landscape YES! About time.

Murals - no. At most a FC Dallas logo. Maybe paint it our team colors and then hang banners up there. That would be awesome.

I thought they said it would be landscaped? It just looked real tacky last year during the MLS Cup, made you remember you were in an unfinished stadium. And they haven't done anything about it? Weird.

6. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    Dream List for PHP:

Ladies Night
    Singles Night (match.com night?)
    Bring a Friend Night
    Dollar Beer Night
    Gingerman at PHP (75 beers on tap)
    A Dallas sports media who give a crap...
    TV's where you get/drink your food/beverage
    More encouragement of supporters groups - allow flags in some way, etc.

...more fans.

You know who does a great job with this kind of thing - don't get mad at me - is Mark Cuban.
    Cuban is great at getting rears in the seats.
    Rip off several of his ideas over the past 5 years.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    THANK YOU!!! WHO THE EFF CARES ABOUT THE FRIGGIN WALLS??!!

Come on guys, if you've got 30 minutes with the highest ranking Non-Hunt in the HSG corporate structure, don't waste it by talking about cosmetics. The walls do NOTHING for the gameday experience, they do nothing to increase revenue or attendance. If you spend time during gameday staring at the walls then you are MISSING THE FREAKIN' POINT AND THE GAME. I don't care if a bunch of rival fans get their panties in a wad when they watch games from PHP and they see some concrete, screw 'em. Here are some issues that I'd like to see discussed:

- They've got plenty of promotions and marketing geared towards families and youth groups, how about some stuff for young adults. Singles nights? Pre-game parties on the stage? Post-game parties? SOMETHING....recognize that there is such a demographic.

- Supporting the Supporters. I read reports from supporter's groups across the league (including others owned by HSG) regarding financial support coming from the FO. Paying for them to make flags, ticket discounts, bus trips, game tickets, parties. I hear a lot of talk about wanting to grow the SG, but so far its a whole lot of lipservice and very little action. Put the money where the mouth is, Lord knows the supporters have over the last 11 years.

- You can tell me all you want about cheap tickets, but the parking is ridiculous and you all know it. Maybe if you didn't charge so much more people would show up and spend money on concessions and merchandise...and then come back again. Stop thinking about revenue today and start thinking about revenue over the long term. The stadium isn't in downtown Dallas where one could argue that lack of space = high parking prices. I can park for $10 at Maverick games....no reason I should be paying that in Frisco, with free parking across the street. How much do you think you are losing because of THAT?

- I know that most sports teams uses volunteers in the concession stands..and that's fine...but for the love of all that is holy, train these people or provide some supervision. I have yet to attempt to purchase food or beverage without having some sort of problem causing me to walk away shaking my head. Either attempt to fix this serious customer service issue or allow me to bring my own beer into the game. They allow it at other sporting events.

- This is a minor concern, but one that I would like to see addressed. You don't allow flag poles for some reason. At least allow us to store our flags and banners and possibly drums somewhere on stadium property so that we don't have to hassle with security on a weekly basis. You want the SG to provide passion and energy, yet it appears you do everything in your power to prevent us from doing just that.

That is all......Go Super Hoops.

8. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    They could use one of the flash screens to show scores from the other games around the league. Something along the lines of:

30 secs:

Chicago 1
    DC 1
    1st - 25:00

30 secs:
    Coor light add

30 secs:
    Chivas USA 0
    Real Salt Lake 0
    Final

30 secs:
    Chevy Trucks ad

30 secs... (repeat for 2 hours)

You get the idea

9. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Wagner has taken 100% of the blame in public for that move before at the town hall meetings they used to hold.

10. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Bring back the fireworks!

Intros, goals, and post game made every game an event. Plus the the promise of a post game fireworks show always kept the kiddos around for the full 90.

11. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    - Bring back the pre-game / post-goal / post-win fireworks. Not for me - do it for the children.

- Let me echo: better / faster / more concessions.

- TV's in concession lines. Radio broadcast in the bathrooms.

- Do they have roaming beer vendors yet?

- Big name friendlies - Boca / River / Celtic - hell QPR, I don't care - but get some big names thru here.

- Parking should never equal or exceed the cost of the ticket.

- How about more frigging FCD merchandise on sale at mlsgear. That stuff hasn't changed in months? How about selling that new training gear I see fans of other team wearing?

12. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    For me - I don't park there because it's about a mile away from the tailgate area. Otherwise, I would. I paid for parking like twice at the Cotton Bowl ever.

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    As Zen stated, it's too far from the tailgate area, so we are stuck.

One day the free parking at Frisco Square is going to go away, and this will be an issue we have to deal with. Regardless, most people don't know about the free parking, so it still reflects on their perception of the gameday experience. Not to mention that if EVERYONE parked at Frisco Square I'm 90% sure the team would work with their friends across the street to stop it immediately.

14. FC Uptown

FC Uptown New Member

Feb 3, 2006
    H-town
    To be safe, I deleted my post.

15. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

here's a thought....several of you meet over there, park your cars for free then pile into someones suv and drive over to the tailgate area....paying one parking fee (split about 6-7 ways) instead of many....

16. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Way too much organization for this group.

17. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    I doubt it will ever go away unless they plan to shut down all of the restaurants in Frisco Square. Restricting traffic to the restaurants on gamedays would force them to close down. They way it is set now, gamedays are the best days for these restaurants.

And they also would have to close down all of the apartments. It's no likely that a lease agreement has a "nobody can come and visit you at your home on game day" clause? And if they did, who would live there?

18. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let's have Hooligan Night. Any supporter that can pose as a Hooligan and win a fight with another team's firm (yeah, I said it!), gets a free Large PH pizza.:D

GO RED ZEBRAS!

19. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    Exactly. We've discussed it before.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    One guy in a lawn chair....that's all it takes. If people park and immediately walk off the property they will be towed. Many places do this, it isn't groundbreaking.

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    One more comment about parking. The least expensive tickets at FCD games are in line with the Roughriders (Frisco's AA baseball team) tickets. They only charge $3 for parking and offer a free shuttle from the mall, or you can park at the mall and walk over. You've got to keep your competition in mind, and there is no question that when competing for the family entertainment $$ the Roughriders are FCD's competition, particularly as their seasons match up.

22. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Discussing the mechanics of how to do it is missing the point. The financial picture of Frisco Square is what drives them to offer free parking on "their" property.

And to bring this back on topic.. more Fireworks!

23. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

suprized one of the locals (unauthorised) hasn't thought that up by now...would almost be as good a scam as those two idiots with the fake camera crew begging people for money, (get a job ?) going up and down the rows, during the game last week...

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    But Frisco Square and FCD are business partners.....FCD is losing revenue by having people park for free across the street. If this begins to happen in large numbers they will put a stop to it, I would assume.

Regardless, they are still charging too much for parking.

25. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas

The problem with this one is that the more money and stuff we get from the FO, the more they can regulate us. Maybe a parking discount like last year, but other than that we need to stay independent IMO