A bit overdue....

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Charge!, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep, that's great for her. It's a bit arbitrary though, to throw her in after a summer of inaction for what I assume is one of the last games of the year. Not sure that's giving her much of a chance to impress, but she's got the talent and determination to make it work. I just hope this isn't based on marketing considerations but on a genuine recognition that she's a good player who can play at the highest level.

As I understand it right back is an open position? Pearce was number 1 but was displaced by Bivens, who did not set the world alight there in the World Cup. Hopefully that means Heather can get in there for the Olympics.

Oh well, good luck Heather!

3. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    It'll be the final NT game of the year, to be honest. If only Heinrichs came to that conclusion August 26. At least there won't be a goal yielded in the first 11 seconds this time around :p :D

As for setting the world alight, you are being kind. Bivens was ABUSED by the Germans in the first half of the semifinal; they had their way with her and it was no wonder why she exited when she did. Any other country's football association would have sent Heinrichs packing after losing the Olympic *and* the world championship on her watch. But Dr. Bob (Contigigula, the prez of USSF) says she's done a 'fabulous' job and why would we even think about replacing her?

:|

Paul

4. YOMITTS

YOMITTS New Member

Jul 30, 2002
    Way to go Heather a little to late in my book.Should have been on this team all along