A belated R.I.P. To Lux Interior

Discussion in 'NYC OT' started by Metrogo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Apart of our great City's golden age... when crime was high, prospects were low and the future so hopeless that whatever you did in the moment didn't matter, except for that moment.

One of the greats...

Live at a mental hospital:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OMuj4FpII&feature=related"]YouTube - The Cramps - Live at Napa State Mental Hospital[/ame]

And on stage in France:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va6Ky1elfGQ"]YouTube - R.I.P. Lux ! the Cramps "Sunglasses After Dark" Live 1986[/ame]

RIP Lux.

2. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RIP Lux
    Yeah . Goo Goo Muck came on yesterday and Brian told me the bad news..We're getting old Metro..:p

3. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    So many of our heroes are gone, three of the Ramones, Joe Strummer... I guess that's what happens when you're old farts like us.

4. Woodside Mets

Woodside Mets Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Woodside Queens NYC
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was telling Brian about the days of walking around Alphabet city..running into Joey Ramone, Cheeta Chrome from the Dead Boys..And of Course IMO..the greatest Punk guitar of all time..Jackson Heights own..Johnny Thunders..Shite Keith Richards lived on St Mark's up the block from Thompson Square Park ..Dem were the days :cool:

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    What's really sad is that I'm getting the news from Bog Soccer.

I only saw the Cramps once, at Cabaret Metro in Chicago around 1989 or so. I still remember that as one of the best shows I ever saw. By the end, everybody in the band had stripped down to their drawers, because it was so damn hot (although I suspect they stripped down even when it was cold). Then they trashed their instruments. In their underwear. They were one of the few bands who could pull a stunt like that and not have it come off as a gimmick.