Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RacingGirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

I think the break has done him good. Whatever knock he picked up or muscle injury seems to be over.

Piatti is having an excellent season and Cavegol always has the class.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

Nice video and looks like he had a good showing. He is a bit of a risk taker and that is good; however it could hurt the team at times. But the kid has some nasty moves! Hope he continues to grow and improve which I think he will.

3. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

The British magazine FourFourTwo released a list of their top 100 players of 2010. Argentines on the list (the position they finished is next to the name):

1) Messi
    23) Higuain
    24) Milito
    29) Tevez
    41) Zanetti
    45) Aguero
    48) Cambiasso
    65) Mascherano
    68) Pastore
    84) Di Maria
    90) Lucho Gonzalez

Football Squads, a British website also made a similar list:

1) Messi
    13) Milito
    19) Tevez
    25) Cambiasso
    28) Zanetti
    34) Higuain
    45) Di Maria
    50) Aguero
    58) Pastore
    60) Lisandro
    66) Samuel
    67) Lucho Gonzalez
    85) Dario Conca
    94) Guiñazu

I'm surprised the second list had Conca and Guiñazu but not D'Alessandro.

4. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011

To be fair, Conca was a better performer overall, though you could say that D'Alessandro, though frustratingly inconsistent, showed up when mattered (CL).

Milito is pretty low in the first ranking. Below Higuain? :confused:

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

He was probably more important to his team overall but as you say D'Alessandro was their key player in the Libertadores. He should definitely be there.

Yeah that's weird. I think scoring 4 in the WC and his form this season up to his injury probably put Higuain ahead. Milito has been pretty bad so far this season.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, Milito scored 30 goals last season but HIguain also had 29 and 4 goals at world cup is big plus, not to mentioned he also scored the winner against Germany in friendly. International games effected the rank I guess .... Milito didnt get much caps but when he did, he hardly could score either.

To be honest, all the Argentine is really low on that list considering the number of goals they scored... Tevez scored 20+ in EPL last season and scored 2 at world cups and currently no.2 top scorer in EPL... he should have ranked higher too.

anyway, I randomly saw this on other board... appearenly, its an official Lego minifig that will be out soon, it doesnt have name... but it certainly looks like someone... :D
    [​IMG]

7. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007

For copa america, the best midfield and attacking lineup:

Masch...Cambiasso...Banega
    Tevez.................Messi
    .............Milito

-If Milito can regain his club form of last season, there wont be a team that could outplay this lineup in the tournament.

8. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Good news for Garay, Pepe is injured again.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Milito? I think his swansong was CL final. Hell Crespo is doing better than Milito now. I would like to see Licha up front.

10. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Milito shouldn't be anywhere near this team. He could integrate this team as a sub or a sparring partner.

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree Crespo is a much better target player up top. And I'd almost give in to Licha for a call up.

12. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011

The team I wish to see:

----------------Romero-------------

Zabaleta--Musacchio--Samuel?--Ansaldi

---------Masche----Banega---------

------------Pastore--------------------

Messi--------Licha/Kun-----Di Maria-----

But this is probably what we'll see:

----------------Romero------------------

Zanetti---Demichelis---Milito------Heinze

---------Masche------Cambi/Bolatti/Gago---
    ----------------Banega---------------

Messi-----------Tevez----------Di Maria--

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

How has Ansaldi been doing this season in Russia? I would play Zabaleta at LB and Zanetti at RB or vice versa.

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Demichelis scores for Malaga giving them a 1-0 lead with 9 minutes remaining. In the 90th minute he commits a foul, loses his marker on the FK, and Bilbao tie it.

15. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Perotti had a good game against Sociedad. Seems to have an excellent delivery from dead ball situations.

Messi with a superb assist so far.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

messi had 1 assist so far

mascherano played very well, he defended better than puyol who seems starting to lose his pace

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

golazo!

Messi scores on a FK!

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

another assist from messi again

19. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011

that was an outstanding goal. what a curve in the free kick!

He also gets a second assist, though an unintentional one

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, he had one that was out of this world that was JUST slightly offside, so I guess it makes it up. To be honest it looked like he was out of it, he may of been playing with an injury. I think he needs to wear 9.5 on his jersey because he is a mix of 9 and a 10!

His FK.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp2xKqwjS5A"]YouTube - Fantastic free-kick L. Messi ! Deportivo vs Barcelona (0-2)[/ame]

Assist 1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1V5osHii80"]YouTube - Goal D. Villa (Great assist L. Messi) Deportivo vs Barcelona (0-1)[/ame]

Assist 2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3bO_1yCFn8"]YouTube - Goal Pedro Deportivo vs Barcelona (0-4)[/ame]

The one that was called as offside.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x8yzGQikxE"]YouTube - Eric Abidal Offside Goal? Deportivo vs FC Barcelona 0-4 [[08-01-2011]][/ame]

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Messi is more Pele than Maradona.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

So Messi's predictions are the kiss of death? :D.

23. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

There was nothing unintentional about that. He ran the other direction after the touch.

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Actually i believe we may end up seeing something closer to the team you want to see than the one you expect(For one i believe Tevez will be the "9").

So we got our free kick taker, huh?

25. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

LOL that would be interesting to see in the future.