Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RacingGirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i disagree with you, if you are born in one country and move to another one and make your life there, why shouldn't you be able to play for that national team?

i mean if Enzo or Forlan had wanted to play for argentina would you have said no?

2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Maybe Lisandro should be given an actual shot before calling up a naturalized player.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yup, again I do not want us to become a country that looks elsewhere.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    would it really be looking elsewhere?

i mean forlan played for uruguay, but he grew up in argentina, he played for independiente where he made his name and became a star, he married an argentine model, he got married in BsAs and lives here in the off season, he was born in uruguay but other than that, he's Argentino... in Uruguay they used to talk about Forlan the way many Argentinos talk about Messi, then he had a great world cup so they began worshipping him, but only a year ago Uruguayos were calling him Argentino.... many even feel that way about Enzo and he gave Uruguay 3 copas, including beating argentina in argentina then beating brazil in brazil once and in uruguay once, but Enzo relates more to argentina than uruguay, and silva and forlan are the same way

there are so many uruguayan players it would be stupid to list them all...

uruguay is just a jealous country and i'd love to have silva play for argentina and see him score a goal against them in the final

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If Forlan has a son and is born in Argentina, then fine, there is no problem with that. Like Ortega, came from Bolivian parents, had zero problems with him playing here. I mean there could be exceptions likes Pipita, who was born in France, left as an infant and grew up in Argentina. Or lets look into the future, Iturbe, does not sound like us(Or tries really hard to do so) but he was born in Argentina. How many times in our history have we naturalized somebody so they can play for the NT? Pipita is the only one I can think of. If a player wants to play for another NT, because he can't make the cut, then go ahead. But us bringing in somebody while we have options to do so, why should we? That's somewhat of a slap in the face to others.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yes but higuain isn't naturalized, his parents are argentine so he is too... i myself wasn't born in argentina but i consider myself 100% argentino because both my parents are from there and grandparents, etc., i spent many of my formative years and went to school there... i'm american too, but its possible to affiliate yourself with more than one country in the age we live in

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well, heinze's mother is Italian and his father is German.. but the way to played for national team... I dont think I would question his commitment.

as for Higuain, he's born in France but his parent is Argentine so he's pretty much Argentine.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, not naturalized but I think he applied for his passport a few years back. Oh it's no problem if you are born elsewhere, look at Michael Hoyos. He has said Argentina would be his first option then the US. I am sure Hoyos like yourself grew up on mate and threw down an asado. I have primos that grew up in the States, and could go back home and not miss a beat with the locals. It's a cultural thing too, it's what makes us so unique and different then most. But back to football, Silva is an interesting story, but again we have options that should come before him.

9. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    You are misunderstanding the concept. A Lionel or a Diego Forlan is a different case from a Santi Silva. Argies (and Uruguayos) are too proud to allow foreigners (yes...) to play for their teams. Unless they can trace either biological origin (recent one that too) or any birth certificate, it will be (logically...) controversial to say the least.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can never get excited about the question of whether someone has a "right" to represent a particular country, as far as I am concerned if a player is eligible to play for a particular country and chooses to do so, then that is fine with me.

After all Argentina is a country of immigrants is it not, I'm assuming none of you are original native inhabitants of the country, it's the same the world over, people migrate to all corners and have affiliations to more than one country. This is going to crop up more and more as people move around so if you don't like it then you better get used to it.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is about naturalizing players, nothing more. We are all immigrants of somebody. There are not too many natives that live in Argentina(the most famous one is probably El Hachita). If we have talented players who deserve to get called up, why should we leave them behind and naturalize some other player?

12. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tevez won FA cup... he wears Argentina's banner as always

I think his thropy achievement at English football is complete now... Champions league, Premier league, FA cup and Carling cup.

14. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Congrats to Carlitos, we're proud of you Apache! Batista should rethink his decision and put Tevez on the team.

15. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Its pretty sick if you try to think what Ray would do if he was left alone in a room with Roman.

17. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Looks like Kun is heading towards Real... :(

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to what reports? So they will have Kun,Higuain,Ronaldo,Benz on that team? That makes zero sense. I hope it's just a rumor, but didn't his new release clause have it that he could not move to Real?

19. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Yeah but apparently they are getting rid off Benzema.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i hadn't hear the aguero rumors for madrid... i do know they after falcao, reuniting el pipita y el tigre :D:D[​IMG]

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and another article says real no.1 target is tevez :rolleyes:

22. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Tevez has to go to a club that he actually cares about. I have a feeling he doesn´t give a flying f. about the Manchester teams.

The only team he cares for is probably Boca :)

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tevez dropped the cup top on celebration

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LxK2WzlZx4"]YouTube - Man City lifting the FA CUP 2011 Tevez drop the cup lit[/ame]

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Argentine NT News, Stats & Players Thread 2010-2011 Part III[R]

Post cap reached. New thread:

Part 3