Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RacingGirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    not only his goal but his overall performance is the best in last 3 years

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVzDcwow3Y"]YouTube - Maxi Rodriguez vs Birmingham[/ame]

could have been 4 perhaps since 1 of his shot was blocked by defender hand in penalty box

2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Say's it all. It's a disgrace and it's all down to that ****.

I hope the story about Erik's 'sale' to a group of investors like some piece of meat is false.

3. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can blame them all what you want then again like they didn't release Lamela they released Funes Mori believing that they could raise his price tag and he ended up losing his starting role to somebody else(Ferreyra) who actually scored goals.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching the semi-final between Palermo-AC Milan. Pastore gave a great ball to break open Milan which led to PK and a goal. Pastore just got subbed off because of a Palermo player getting a red. Munoz comes in for him, Pastore looks really disappointed for being subbed off. Seems that Palermo and Pastore will be in the Copa Italia final.

5. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Passarella even wanted Funes Mori to be in the WC squad for the same reason. To raise his price to be able to sell him.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It really is abysmal that this is the case and how clubs can be ripped off after being run by clowns.

In this case the supposed businessmen will then make even more money by hawking the kid around Europe like some commodity for auction. So the club still loses money overall which should go in it's entirety to the club for reinvestment.

No consideration as to whether or not it is the right time to move or which club he might best further his career in the long run to the benefit of the seleccion.

Just how much more money they can squeeze out of it.

It does beg the question of other players who made it to the WC squad were also being advertised but then again how an earth did they make it , take Ariel Garce for instance still plugging away like a journeyman professional at Colon.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What situation are you referring to? If you're talking about Funes Mori there is no businessman involved with him... and also last time i checked Funes Mori hasn't been sold to Europe despite many offers... I don't really know what you're so pessemistic about, care to elaborate?

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he is talking about a 3rd party, like Joorabchian who did Tevez'/Mascherano's deals. People buy a large chunk of the players contract from the club, and sell them for a profit.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yea i get what hes talking about, but what player is he referring to? Funes Mori is owned 80% by River and 20% of his rights he owns himself with his uncle and dad who both act as his agents, there is no business man who owns a part of him

10. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't recall exactly but I think that at the time of the transfer he bought them from Boca and River and placed them in Corinthians, that's how they both left and went to the same place, West Ham, but neither one of them were cheap.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Tevez was a bonafide star in South America when he went into that horrible contract with Kia, same as Mascherano. What has Funes Mori been aside from a massive unearned hype that has lead nowhere?

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    thats the point, funes mori hasn't done anything, or not much, its harsh to say he hasn't done anything, but he hasn't been sold yet and its unlikely he will be any time soon considering his current form and the 15 million price tag Passarella put on his head, so its really no issue... I mean even as a River fan i can laugh a bit, i sometimes think Passarella sits in his office and throws darts at numbers and thats how he comes up with his price tags, just the other day he said Roman was worth 12 million, he has half the players from the inferiores signign 15 million euro buy-out clauses...

but you know what, sometimes it makes for good comedy and good sound bites when Passarella puts insane asking prices for Funes Mori or whoever, but it is about damn time someone had the huevos to stick up these European vultures that have been pillaging our futbol

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There's also a difference with them, their transfers were bought to be transferred elsewhere, not to be left at the club until their price rose(those are the problematic cases for the clubs).

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn Lio, so close!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=368Ml2mwVjU"]YouTube - Unbelievable dribbling by Messi - Barcelona vs Levante 2011-05-11[/ame]

15. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    banega inter?

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's the rumor. Other rumors are Perotti may end up in the EPL, probably Liverpool. Just rumors, when summer is around the corner you start to hear every player linked to every club. So, you just have to wait and see how they transpire.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yep, he did that twice... although to be honest.. he did that kind of twisting solo run many so times already:p

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguero & Pastore Manchester City Osvaldo Tottenham Hotspur are also rumours.

The EPL clubs will be spending big this summer before the new UEFA regulations on club finance come in and they can afford to spend big. The bottom placed club in the EPL earns more money than the top clubs even in the BL.

More Messi magic with exemplary commentating from Ray Hudson:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgOxNoPHp5g"]YouTube - Play of the Game: Lionel Messi Runs (Ray Hudson Commentary!)[/ame]
    :D

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Silva es un CRACK! I'd love to see him with La Camiseta. Milito is useless on the national team.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hes a player with personality, huevos, i love his style... i'd love to see him at river too

batista should definitely call him up... the funny thing is uruguay doesn't want silva but they keep callng up Abreu :D:p

23. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Sadly he's already 30, but I'd still use him for friendlies. I agree on the personality, he's very passionate.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How old is Silva, 30? If we are building for the future do we really need him? Yeah Pipita is way out of form but we have a couple players that we can help to direct replacements of him. The clear one is Licha who is not getting any respect from Batista which really bugs me. The other is Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. Yeah, he has played for the Italian U21 side of the Italians in the past, but he is our property and he is doing a good job at Espanyol. I do not want to become a Italy,Germany,Portugal,Paraguay who look elsewhere for their players. If it's for strictly for the local squad, then maybe, but if it's for the Copa? The Copa is being played at home, not sure how an Uruguyao would be accepted on the NT team. Again, we need to build for the future, and in a couple years Silva will be too old. If there is a striker we want from home, look no further then Traca.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcXPutPItA"]YouTube - Tracagol x 3 en la Bombonera en abril de 2011[/ame]

25. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    nah...as good as el tanque is, never a foreigner, especially an Uruguayo

1 person likes this.