Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 Part II[R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RacingGirl, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Old thread.

I think we've established where everyone stands with their opinion on Messi. Let's start a new thread leave all the other crap behind.

Let's continue here.

2. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats, Players 2010-2011 [R]

Subs:)

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Food or Nuclear Armaments? lol lol

4. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Fernandez of Estudiantes is getting his transfer to Napoli according to the Italian press.

5. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Yeah but he will stay six months more in Estudiantes, until June.

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

Juan Manuel Martínez won the a silver Olimpia prize for football, Luciana Aymar(the hockey player, duh) won the gold one.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

Looks like Di Maria had a good game today, did not catch it or anything. Still wish he left the club but seems like he is going to be there for a while. Real Madrid has no idea how lucky they are to have him, if he hopefully matures then he will be something very special. He still lacks that maturity in his game.

8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Apart from his goalscoring Di Maria is stacking up a very impressive number of assists. He's turning into a very special player. Pity that he acts like a d**k at times, but he's still young and will grow out of that, hopefully.;)

9. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

I wonder what Masch is going to do after this season? He hardly gets any playing time for Barça with Busquets there. Lousy career move IMO.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't see how any player in the world could say no if they are given the opportunity to join the current Barca team. No he's not first choice, Busqets is, but Masch is getting his playing time and that will only increase. But lets face it how could he turn down the chance to play for that team with those players.:confused:

11. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

i mean lets not kid ourselves here, Masche is better than Busquets, but the problem is Busquets is Catalan and his dad is buddies with Guardiola. The same thing happened to Yaya, and that was the time when I started to really be turned off by Barca

I think Masche should have gone to Real Madrid. He is more suited to stopping Barca than playing with them. Mourinho, not sure what he was thinking buying Khedira, who is very overrated. Mashce-Xabi combination would have been perfect for them

12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Mabye... If he wanted to win trophies then he's at the right team but he's having minimal impact in doing so. And I doubt that his playing time is going to increase over night.

13. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Isn't Touré the best paid player in the EPL?

Well he has to improve his game, right?

14. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I have to admit I never rated Busquets and initially I thought the only reason he was in the team was because he is a Catalan. But since the world cup onwards he has come on leaps and bounds, where he has the edge on Masch is that he is a better passer and therefore fits better into Barca's system, imo. However, Masch is getting better in each appearance he makes for Barca so his time will come, eventually I could see against tougher oppenents both Masch and Busquets will be in the side together. But fair play to Busquets he has proved me and lot of other pundits wrong. Mind you, he still has a face you'd like to smack. :D

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No mate, Tevez is, on £280k a week. :eek:

Masch has to earn the right to play in this current Barca side, it is not a side you can just walk in and say "hey I should be first choice", especially if you are a midfielder.

16. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
  17. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

Basic question here: is Mascherano pronounced like the British announcers say it? They've been saying "Mask-erano" for years. Doesn't sound right.

18. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If pronounced the Italian way, they would be right. But in Argentina they pronounce it Mascherano, like in cherry.

19. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I don't disagree that Busquets has improved, but as was proven when Touré was there, it doesn't matter how the back-up peforms, if Busquets is healthy he will play all the important games. Toure when he played was bigger, stronger, faster, had a fierce shot on him, just look at how he is playing at Man City as an attacking mid. I remember the last game of the season, Yaya got to show his skills and tore apart whoever they were playing when Xavi was out, he assisted both of messi's goals, but it never mattered how well Yaya did, Busquets was always favored. The same is true of Masche. After one CL game, Pep was saying how great Masche played, then the next match Busquets was back in. Seriously go look back at Barca's games last year, Busquets had 3 back passes that were intercepted and turned into goals in the span of a month and he still started. Not to mention that he is diving, cheating, hdp... Masche should leave next year or he'll lose his NT place

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

It would have been the same CM Liverpool had when they were actually good. But I think Masche will get his chances.

Who else do we have that's as good as him in that destroyer role?

21. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007

Of course! But he's not going to do it by sitting on the bench.

Nobody, that's just it. If he loses his form, then it's not just a diaster for him personally, but for our entire NT!

22. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Zanetti, Cambiasso, and D. Milito trained today in Ezeiza. And to think Maradona erased two of them from the NT...

http://www.ole.com.ar/seleccion/trasnpiran-camiseta_0_395360569.html

Zanetti is such a class act, his foundation had a charity game in Independiente's stadium yesterday with a lot of big names playing

23. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

I do understand your sentiment, but I think you're being a bit unfair to Busquets. I was livid when Sergio burst onto the scene and was stealing minutes from Toure. I thought it was very unfair, although I think he may have first spelled for Toure due to injury or the African cup of Nations. And once Toure came back, he had to share the spot. At the time, I thought it crazy because I felt that Toure provided much more in areas where Barca might be otherwise weak, whereas Busquets at his best was just a surplus.
    But to be fair, you have to admit that from an offensive standpoint, he does fit that system hand in glove. He is a sublime passer at that position and things just flow better with him there. And while I still think that Toure is the better overall player, I can't kill Barca for making a decision to promote someone Barca born and bred. So yeah, I would prefer to have Toure...but it's no where near as bad as the debacle of a swap that Ibra for Sammy was...Even though Maxwell has been a pretty good addition also.

As for Mascherano, I think it would be unfair to just expect that he would just waltz in there and be an automatic starter from day one on a side that's been far an away the most dominant for a while now. I think being at Barca will do wonders for him. Let him be in the background for now, but I think he will eventually rise to the top. I really do! The risk of injury is always there, especially with a rail-think Busquets. Masch will be fine. And let's not act like Busquets isn't a good player either. The proof is in the pudding. Why should Barca seriously think about rocking the boat when they've been playing video game football???

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

Mascherano needs to stop his tendency to tackle someone from behind with both legs, other than that he will do well at Barca. Biscuit has improved alot and he's quality player just like Masche, except when he covered his face everytime he was fouled

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Año Nuevo, vida nueva - the Argentine NT News, Stats & Players thread 2010-2011 [R]

Busquets is quality, I also did not like him very much till this year. The kid has a lot of moves and skill but he is not a destroyer like Masche. The problem is you can not be a destroyer in La Liga, it just does not happen. If he does stick around, I am not so sure if it will be for the best. Going to Italy will be a good place for him, maybe go to Inter or whatnot.