93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    A bit over-dramatic don't you think? I do think that there is good dialogue to be had about the level of "dirty play" in the youth game. And maybe even some discussion about how these kids get this way? But, this one primarily is about tournaments, rankings and such. Start another thread.........and you'll get responses.

2. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Hey Ratpack, I just looked at your schedule for next week. Your 1st match v Urb should be a clinc. I was down at the complex last week for a HS match, the fields are in great condition. If you havent been here before, you should really like the complex. This is where the US Natl Championships are being held in July.
    I will sure try to be at the fields 8am Saturday. I will ask some of your parents where the dad is to #9 right?? I will have a few items for you.
    Futbolr-

3. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    If it is the same complex as last year, you are right we will enjoy it! Only problem is that I have to coach a rain-out pee wee game next weekend, so my wife will be there in the my place. Please though, look her up, I will let her know to look for you. She is a rather flamboyant red head (Irish), ask around you should be able to have someone point her out.

Also, if you get a chance to watch the game, I would really appreciate any objective thoughts you might have on my daughter's play. I also look forward the the "few items" you have. I think I know what is coming and would love to look into it!

4. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    ok, I will find the boss then. Just let her know I will be looking forward to meeting her. To bad your couldnt make it!!
    Tox's team won there 1st match today down in TN. Not sure on the 2nd match?? Should I call her Mrs Rat??

5. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    I call her sir!

Yea, I talked to Tox today. Eclipse beat Brentwood 1-0, then went up against the powerhouse Bluebirds. They won 1-0, but that was not indicative of how the game played out. Could have been much worse.

I will let her know that you will be looking her up (so to say).

6. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Rat,

I talked to some people and if your team is interested in coming to the invitational next year let me know. See if it works for your team and then I'll give you the guys info and your team can contact him. It looks like they are looking to add a couple of good teams.

Give more info on the games in Tn. If you have any more

7. Jumbo1

Jumbo1 Member

Feb 19, 2000
    TN.
  8. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Congrates Tox!! Ctown beats Dallas in the Finals...And MIGHTY Bluebirds go
    1 win and 2 loss. MIGHTY?? That dad with his own Bluebird web page, Id love to see it now.
    Welcome to Region II!!

9. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Nice win for the eclipse and region 2. Hey post that link for that page I would love to check it out. Also saw the Hawks went 1 and 2 which makes them 1 and 6 their last 2 tournaments ouch. Tox will be happy when he gets back. Nice tournament to win.

10. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    That is great! Can you give me some dates possibly so I can see how they work. I talked to the coach the other night and he is extremely interested!

Thanks for all the help!

Hawks and Bluebirds fall, bad time to have bird for a mascot!

Props to KC Select Scream for showing well for KC!!

11. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Yes, so happy he forgot to call me with the finals update! Thanks Tox:)!

12. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Rat,

It is usually the first weekend in April. I will ask but I imagine it is not set yet. Mtsc is going to be organizing it next year with Sycamore. Let me know if that weekend works and then send me contact info and we can get the important people together.:)

13. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    I think that weekend will work fine. We actually were at a tourney this year on the same weekend. I will PM my contact info and we can exchange info!

14. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I got it Rat. I will send you the information shortly. See what we do for our teams lol. Is your team heading back to Germantown this year?. We will be their.

15. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Hey Rat, Sorry I didn't call with the Finals results -- we won 1-0 in OT over the Dallas Sting White -- they are a good team...

As for the comment earler about me trying to steer the talk -- I think that was a bit over dramatic as well. I was just politely trying to get some tournament info. Not that big of a deal...

16. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    If I were a betting man, I would say yes, we will be at Germantown. We did enjoy facing a Texas team last year there. New competition is the best. What other tourneys were looking at for the fall again?

17. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Tox: Don't sweat it, they posted the scores pretty quickly, so I wasn't dying in suspense for too long!

18. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006

We are looking at the germantown, the Meadcup, fc tournament? in Indiana" I will have to check into that one but I heard we are for sure going to it. We also have the Dogs days which is are local tournament.

Toxoman Congrats on the win. See I know my stuff I told you the Elite were not any good at this age. 0-3 ,,,, How about them Hawks #2 in the nation to who knows now.

19. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Rat,

Contact information for the sycamore invitational has been emailed to you.

20. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005

I guess the Ohio Elite kids were pretty mouthy, too -- one of them told my daughter "If you foul me again -- I will kill you" -- she laughed and said she just thought "I just knocked you down -- and you are laying on the ground threatening me?"

21. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Muchos gracias, Senor!

22. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Hey Rat, tell momma that the Drake Relays are this weekend up here as well. All the eatouts should be crowded. Where are you guys staying at up here?? I can give you some good pointers for supper. :rolleyes:

23. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    We are staying the same place as WDM tourney, Hilton Garden Inn in West Des Moines. I know it will be a little commute to the fields, but oh well.

Anywhere to eat but at that Mall there. We tried to eat there last time, every restaurant was at least an hour and a half wait. Can you point us somewhere else?

24. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Tox,

How did you do? How was that arkansas team? Coming down to Florida anytime soon?

25. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    R2- send them out to Rube's outside Waukee. Pretty good representative of great Iowa beef. And out of the way, so it shouldn't be too crowded.