93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Blue Valley Stars Ratpack are the #1 team in the KC area for U13 Girls (one of the top teams in the Midwest for that age)....what club does she play with now?

2. BallOfFire

BallOfFire New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    1forsoccer,

You will find some very good teams in this age group in the Kansas City (Missouri) and Johnson County (Kansas) area.
    BVSC Rat Pack - KS
    KCFC Alliance Heat - KS
    KC Select Scream - MO
    These 3 are probably the top 3 currently.

There are a few others as well that are very good teams like:
    KCFC Pink Panthers
    KC Heat
    KC Mystics
    KC Legends
    KC Fusion
    KHMac Hurricanes

In KC, this age group is incredibly competitve locally and should be doing some great things in the near future, state wise, regionally, nationally. All the above teams play in the new Championship League either through Premiership Sports or Heartland Soccer Association.

http://www.premiershipsports.com/index.htm
    http://heartlandsoccer.net/

Kansas City is a great place to live. There is a proposal on the Johnson County ballot to pass funding for 24 new Tournament quality Youth Soccer field complex, so your family is coming to the area at the perfect time! Good luck.

3. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, let me ask this question and please don't take it the wrong way. What would it take to get a lot of these teams to travel to the Madison, WI area in mid-August for a high quality tournament?

We've hosted our tournament for 2 years now and we're moving toward an invitational only for some of the best clubs in Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. The facilities are great and the cost is low. What more can we offer to get teams to come?

C'mon Tox, I'm begging you to bring Eclipse up?

Thanks for all your help.

4. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I can put you in touch with our DOC -- I can not make any promises though (I am not high on the totem pole -- just a dad of a kid on a team)...mid-August can be a tricky time as we host a tournament and we generally go to NSR Cup -- and some of our older teams get a lot of Aug off as they usually play till the end of July...but we can certainly look at it as the time approaches.

Do you have any commited clubs yet?

5. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've been in discussion with Madison 56ers, FC Milwaukee, Mequon SC and Bangu. I've had very preliminary discussions with GLSA.

6. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I would reccomend NEW United as well -- not far from you...

7. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they seem to be a good club. We play them in a couple of weeks so I'll talk with them then.

8. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    WAGS brackets just came out -- any predictions from anyone on how the brackets will turn out?

9. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    what are your predictions....?????

10. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I have no predictions -- I know nothing....

11. O'Reillyfan9

O'Reillyfan9 New Member

Sep 25, 2006
    I'm on a U-14 team... i was wondering if you knew any good clubs around Philadelphia. My team doesn't have good coaching, and I want to be somewhere where I can succeed

12. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Have you checked NSR for the state ranks at your age?

13. O'Reillyfan9

O'Reillyfan9 New Member

Sep 25, 2006
    ^no.. but thanks i will

14. soccermum

soccermum New Member

Sep 24, 2006
  15. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Soccer, whether folks like to admit it or not, is a very small fish in the big pond of America entertainment....

16. JBMARINE96

JBMARINE96 New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    I was at the u-13 JB / Scream game yesterday and a parent from Scream said "how can you be happy to advance without scoring a goal?"

My reply to that is we did score a goal.

17. mommat

mommat New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    I usually lurk, but this just drives me crazy. In the US there is more children involved in soccer than in baseball, or peewee football, yet when you watch the evening news how much time is dedicated in the sports cast to soccer compared to baseball or football? During the world cup several St. Louis sports casters were poking fun that "people on the street" didn't have a clue what was going on in Germany. They could have asked anyone at any of the local youth soccer fields, maybe they had a hard time finding a parking space? Because the St. Louis area is brimming with soccer fanatics. We have a program called Friday Night Blitz on our local news channels that actually details the local high school football games. That I know of, no local schools are winning any big championships in the football dept, however our soccer teams are going to state without even a mention! We have high schools that every girl on the soccer team graduating is being offered soccer scholarships, yet this is only in the small local papers or I wouldn't know about it. I realize the TV media follows the money, but it is frustrating that there is this attitude with those in the media that very few Americans are interested in soccer. I hope this changes, I have two daughters actively involved that would benefit from having a positive female role model, and one little boy that is showing interest in kicking the ball around too, where are they supposed to find their role models? Okay, I'll go back to lurking now ;-I

18. EyesOnBall

EyesOnBall Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Unfortunately, the women soccer players will remain unknown until a league is reborn so that they will be more visible...at least to the true soccer fans. My daughters (6 & 8) favorite player was Mia Hamm. But since she has not retired and I explained this to my daughter, I have been introducing other player to her like Heather O'reilly(sp?), Abby Wambach, Kat Riddick, and now Natasha Kai. But without them being on TV it will be hard for her to identify with them. Also it if very difficult to buy a replica jersey of anyone other than Mia. I really hope that some type of league forms again.

19. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Can you elaborate? Why was that comment made if you did score a goal?

What do you think your chances are against Schmitt? We played them in August, EXTREMELY fast. I am sure you know that.

20. JBMARINE96

JBMARINE96 New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Your right they are very fast, with our new players we should be able to slow down their big player in the middle. We have added some speed this year.
    Should be a great game, again should be.

As far as the goal comment, our goal went off of one of thier defenders. We had the run of the play in the 1srt half and they had chances in the 2nd.

21. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Socrmum & Mommat, great posts! Im wondering if some of the 93/94 parents posting on this even have a clue?? With regards to Mommat's post, Without doing a search, can any of you name the top 5 ranked Womens D1 Socr?? Let lone top 10 (see below)? I have a great many friends that will do anything for there club team, but wont spend $5 on Football Friday Nite to go watch a D1 Womens Socr match in the SAME town. Its a shame.
    Heres another thing to ponder..For those folks that are lucky enuf to have a MLS team close by, why do I not see these stadiums with more people there?? I can understand why KC wont sell out arrowhead, but still, the bottom 1/2 of the stadium isnt even close to being sold out:( . Come on Clubs, support your local teams. C-Town, same thing with the Fire. That place should be sold out every match:confused: . If we lived there, I know we would have season tickets. Has my daughter been to a College match, YEP. Many. Has she been to a USWNT match, Yep, many, in Ctown, Blaine,MN, KC & LA, has she seen a WUSA match, yep, in Atlanta, remember the Beat?? There is a lot of womens socr that these parents and kids could go watch. StL, StL University has a very very good team this yr. Something to do on a Friday nite or Sunday afternoon. KC, not a far drive to Univ of Kansas, some good teams travel to Lawrence, CTown, oh my gosh, Northwestern and the Big10, Univ of Ill, DePaul, Marquette, Notre Dame, COME ONE Folks.
    Sorry for trolling, but those of you that are interested in Womens D1, here are the Top 10...Im catching myself watching for the post game score cards with Womens D1 Socr more than I do for College Football any more...

10/10/06 To 10/17/06

1 Notre Dame 14-0-1 1
    2 North Carolina 16-1-0 2
    3 UCLA 12-2-0 4
    4 Santa Clara 12-3-1 3
    5 Florida State 12-1-2 6
    6 West Virginia 13-1-2 7
    7 Portland 12-3-2 5
    8 Texas A&M 11-3-1 8
    9 Penn State 10-3-3 11
    10 Oklahoma State 12-2-2 12

22. BallOfFire

BallOfFire New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    RegII,

I can understand your argument from a distance. Since I live in KC, and am I guess pretty involved and could only name 3 of the top 10 (but that may be better for me than NCAA Football, which I love too), it's not so bad... I think most people follow their local teams, be it, Jr. Colleges, Div I, Pro...

My daughter and I have been to all the matches that you list above. We don't go to alot of them, but do on occasion... Let's see, when the kids are playing between 2-5 games a weekend (all 3), it's actually difficult to find time to get there... Family Dinners are a rarity anymore and a very much cherished event.

Wouldn't it be GREAT if THE MLS Was made up of a women's league locally as well? Wow, I can promise you, my daughter would take major interest in that and here is why... THAT team would take interest in the local clubs/players and she could RELATE.

I think you have it backwards, IF ONLY the MLS took interest in the LOCAL Clubs & players, by participating or supporting the YOUTH,,.... then they would have a following like you would never believe.. Let's See, do kids support adults or Adults support Children? It's really pretty basic!

I truly mean no disrespect, but I am Fighting my BUTT off in Kansas for the Soccer Area (I use Area very loosely.. as it has about 50 names) under current proposal and it seems,.... NO ONE,... wants to step up and really make it happen... Now, let's talk Soccer Frustration, not who is Top Ten.

23. BallOfFire

BallOfFire New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Really Sorry to jump off tangent there last night... Just really frustrated with the whole Kansas soccer proposition (Youth & Wizards) right now. I'll go back to lurking.

24. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    Mr BFire, Thanks for the rebuttal...I took nothing you said personally. At least you are trying. And believe me, I know what you mean about Family Supper time, or lack of!!

25. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004