93/94 Thread

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Toxoman, Mar 6, 2006.

1. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004

Bad facilities in a scary part of town. Usually a poor turn out because of this or lower level teams.

I will never attend or let my children attend another tournament there.

If you do go do not stay at the hotel that is by the field. Better off going down by the beach.

CVAL

BTW what tournament in cocoa the one february? You might want to consider the gator showcase if that is the case.

2. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Look for the Creeks Clash (CAA) this will be are first year there.

3. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Rumor has it, we may be coming to the ShootOut in November (U14 Ankeny Maroon- Iowa) Nothing decided as of yet though.

We are also planning on going to a tourney in Vegas sometime in February. Anyone know anything about this tourney?

4. RegionIIFutbolr

Jul 4, 2005
    Region 2
    The Vegas event in Feb (if its around the same time as Presidents Day) is a good event. The tournament is gaining strenght. A lot of clubs are bypassing Presidents Day in Arizona for Vegas.
    I still like the Stones River Region III invite better thou. Thats in March I think?? Stones River you guys could drive down there, takes a tad bit longer to get there since your driving, but you will be saving airfare for Vegas.

5. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    tournaments in FLorida in December

In order of quality

1. Disney (One of the top tournaments in the country)
    2. Orange Classic (went to this last year well run lots of colleges. Not as good as Disney but a good second choice) Girls only Tournament

3. Tampa Sun Bowl and Florida Soccer Show Case U-15 and Up girls- These tournaments are new and are trying to get the teams that did not qualify for disney. Traditionally these teams go to the Orange Classic

4. Cocoa Expo- HORRIBLE

http://www.cocoaexpo.com/soccer/tournaments/cec/CECHistory.htm- Link of teams from last year.

http://www.fysa.com/tournaments/TournamentList/97092.html

6. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info.

7. PERFDBDAN

PERFDBDAN New Member

May 6, 2004
    CVAL is right.

A decade ago the Cocoa Expo was a good tournament. They have gone way down hill. It started about eight yeards ago when the tournament director left to start running things at Disney.

8. poster

poster New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    where can I find the scores from the Eclipse Select Cup this weekend? Looking for scores from the u13 girls age group.

9. poster

poster New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    where can I find the results for the Eclipse Select tournament? u13 girls results.

10. lucky13dad

lucky13dad Member

May 16, 2006
    Region 2
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005

How did that tournament go?

12. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Ok Practice Schedule? How many hours a week do you officially practice and how much does your coach expect outside of practice?

13. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We practice twice a week for 1.5 hours each time. Plus, the girls do 1 hour of conditioning as a team each week.

This does not take into account any friendlies we may schedule or the footskills work the girls are to do on their own or the individual running. All of the "extra" stuff is expected to be about another 3-5 hours per week.

14. XSOX

XSOX New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    3 times a week @ 1.5 hours.

How did the Battle on the Border Tournament go? Any results

15. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Whta level do you consider your team?

16. Kick It

Kick It New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    We go three times a week @ 2 hours a session. Not including friendlies etc. Our team is in the premier division. The girls are expected to work on footskills ontheir own.

We have at least one friendly a week which will take up part of the one session....

Guys Eclipse tournament was great. Really nice facilities ..the competition was top notch....

17. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're Wisconsin Girls Premier league.

18. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did okay. Took maximum points from Northstars and United FC. Picked the wrong time to be flat against Libertyville and lost 3-1. Should have been 3-2 except for a dodgy offsides call.

We'll learn from the game and the girls will get better.

19. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Labor Day results,

Played U14 took second losing to to the same team twice. 2-1, 1-0

20. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Big movement on the NSR Regional board for this age....comments? Any surprises so far in the early season?

Who are the favorites to win their state -- and then do well at Regionals next June? First crack at Regionals for this age group....

MI has state cup this mobnth -- and others? Does MO do theirs in Fall as well?

21. screamdad

screamdad New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    MO has state cup in October.

We dropped out of the NSR region 2 rankings even though we haven't lost a game since March but we've tied a few and haven't won any of the bigger tournaments. We did tie the #2 ranked team this week and tied #10 and beat #36 in August.

I'm sure we'll get back in if we do well at BOMW at the end of the month.

22. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I believe that drop in NSR was an oversight.....it will get corrected....

I see you are coming to BOMW -- we will be there as well -- how do you see the brackets shaking out there at U13?

23. screamdad

screamdad New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    I really don't know that much about Strikers Fox Valley, it looks like Magic got pounded in a couple of the games in the challenge cup but held their own in others. We have beaten KCFC heat the last 2 times we played them but both very close games. We probably will have a tie and not advance, at least that seems to be our usual.

I don't think you will be challenged in B bracket.

CUSC looks like it will come out of C and JB marine in a close one over FC Milwaukee.

I was surprised to see wolfpack get put into the LaLiga bracket.

What's your thoughts? I know you stay up on this age closely.

24. Toxoman

Toxoman New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    I would say bracket A goes to the winner of Scream/KCFC game -- although Magic can play well at times -- they could pull an upset and make it interesting....

Bracket B -- we only beat Alliance 2-1 in Saginaw, so they will be ready for us -- never seen Elmhurst or that version of JBM -- so I say that group is up in the air....

Bracket C -- looks like Carmel to me -- Metro could sneak in and be a very tough team as well

Bracket D -- I agree, looks like the winner of the JBM/FCM game would move on....

Wolfpack has changed names to Missouri Premier -- so that version of Wolfpack is not the team we all know from last year....it is apparently their B team from last year -- so they are probably bracketed correctly.

I am surprised that NEW United from WI is in the second flight -- they have played well enough to be in the top flight....

25. Ratpack 9

Ratpack 9 New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    SD - not sure how you feel, but I think they should reschedule that game from last week. It is a shame that it had to played in those conditions! Great game to watch, at least for a half, second half was a little fuzzy. So much for the so called "Champions League".