9/8: Scotland v USWNT [R]

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by FearM9, Sep 8, 2002.

1. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    In other words... They SUCK! :D

Well I will say this. They had spunk. Poor things were actually excited at the half. All like "Oooh maybe we can play with these guys". Tchaaa you know what? Uh uh. In the words of Rob Stone "It's hard to deal with Mia Hamm runing down your throught!"
    Ok they suck in the vein of Canada and Mexico but they are not as pathetic as say T&T or Denmark.

The whole of the Scotish team are now Mia's bitches. Thank you for playing. Buh bye! :p

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I wonder how other foreign squads are prepping for the 2003 WWC?

3. Alana1079

Alana1079 New Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Backwoods, Florida
  4. LomaB8

LomaB8 New Member

Jun 3, 2001
    Hamilton,ON
    Umm. Didn't the last time you played Canada in a series you were lucky to eke out a tie away and only win the second game 1-0 at home???????????????

5. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    You know, all these 'Scotland sucks' pontificaters probably root for grown men to beat up on puppies as well and love the second-rate treatment women around the world get.

You simply cannot compare the two teams. Except for Julie Fleeting, all the Scots are amateurs who have to work full time jobs to make livings. This goes for just about ALL women's national teams except for the US and state-sponsored China and North Korea. Even non-WUSA Germans and Norweigiens have to work outside jobs I believe. How good would the US be if its players had to work 40-hour weeks outside of soccer to make ends meet? Thanks to the USSF and WUSA, we won't have to find out.

It's FAs around the world that suck, not their players. They do not invest in women's programs at all, which means that their players cannot put in the time necessary to be top-flight. Be happy that girls/women have pretty good opportunities to play in this country, but don't celebrate the fact that this is not the case elsewhere.

6. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree w/ you dcu. I know a few of these women that play on the scotish team they are awesome in my eyes. their teams gets together everyonce and a while to play a few matches. if they play on a club the practice and than go to work. and work long days.
    i think they played pretty well considoring they were playing against the USWNT!

7. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree whole-heartedly. The only place that should tolerate talk like that is in the Rivalry forum. And it really wouldn't even be appropriate there...

8. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Oh for the love of God.

Will someone please post rules on what is appropriate and not nowadays? Jeezus. :rolleyes:

Fine. Scotland kicks ass!!!!

WAR BRAVEHEART!!!

And I hope Fleeting is the 2003 WUSA MVP!!!!!

WAR FLEETING!!!!

USWNT sucks ass!!!!!

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    And I kill kitties!!!
    :eek::eek:

WAR ALL OTHER NT'S THAT ARE NO WHERE AS RICH AS THE USWNT!!!!!!!!!

I hope a damn team like Malaysia can kick our ass next time!!!

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    So pray tell what is a team like the USWNT suppose to do against lesser opponents like Antartica and the Marshall Islands? Take it easy on them simply because they ain't heavily funded like the USWNT?

Hey I think it's great that other countries are getting a womens team together but damnit I want the damn USWNT to kick everyones asses regardless of how much they have in their bank account. If some of you want to sympathize with other lesser teams...fine by me.

11. *Crazy_Chastain*

*Crazy_Chastain* New Member

Mar 19, 2000
    Florida

I agree...I mean I'm all about some good competion and some ass whoopin and ************...but only by the red, white and blue!!!!!

WAR USA

12. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    so what was the whine back when usa was kicking semi-butt and earning 10 bucks per game?

13. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    and gee, weren't they something around... 19 years old?

14. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Jeez you guys. Get your panties straightened. It's just light hearted rivalry. Good lord, it's not that serious.

They do suck though. Amatuers or not.

15. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    I wasn't suggesting that at all or complaining about the 8 goals - I think any team should do their best when they're out there.

I'm just annoyed by the attitude of some on this board who are probably too young to remember how awful things were for girls and women trying to play sports in the US just 20-30 years ago - and that girls and women around most of the rest of the world still face those conditions today.

I want the US women to stay at or near the top, but I want being at or near the top to actually mean something - namely I'm looking forward to the day when the #50 women's team in the world can give the top team a good game because they can field real professionals who have the resources with which to train properly, the same way a #50ish men's team like Senegal can jump up and beat France.

16. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    So what are you saying? The only team I can say "they suck" to is China because they don't have to work second jobs?

It's gotten to the point where you can't say anything without someone getting upset about every little damn thing.
    I agree with Fear. DCU and others please be so kind as to enlighten us about what is acceptable posting.

Why is it a necessity for some of you to take everything so damn serious? I'm not trying to pick a fight, but I'd really like to know. When in sports did it become unacceptable to say negative things about the other team?

17. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    I'm old enough to remember being told that i couldn't play because I'm a girl. So what? How does saying Scotland sucks set the movement back?

Again dude i don't want to fight i'm just trying to understand why your so upset. How do some harmless posts about a lower tier team warrant such analytical spin? I was happy to see a routing. Those have been rare in Aprils tenure. I was happy about it. Should my coments be limited to "Oh goody", "Gee that was swell"? Honestly what is the harm in saying a team sucks?

18. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Yes It would. :p ;)
    Many fine "Norway sucks" and "Blame Canada" threads have flourished there. And as a Spirit fan you may remember that ever popular "ASS" thread.

(By the way thats sarcasm Don. I'm just giving you a hard time ;-) :p

19. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with what you say about about the NS, BC, and ASS threads...

The reason that I said what I did about appropriateness is that to be a rivalry there has to either be some competitiveness (for the NWT: Norway always, Canada recently) or bad blood (for the NWT: Norway, Nigeria, Brazil; for the Spirit, the Beat).

The Scottish NWT just does not qualify in either category... It's too much like those whalers clubbing baby seals...

20. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    Colorful imagery. Nice. :D It wasn't all that! I give them credit for capitalizing on the mistakes and not rolling over and dying.

....but they still suck. :p